CDIH
Channing Frye - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Channing Frye (/showthread.php?tid=10794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Adolf - 01-11-2006

that was mean.

- fbd - 01-11-2006

thats how i roll. i tell people to die when they're dieing, i accuse you of killing a dog, i do what i want

- Adolf - 01-11-2006

you are a vicious little man, harold.

- fbd - 01-11-2006

basically

- The Sleeper - 01-12-2006

goin to OT against the Mavs after blowin a 17 point lead. this isn't looking good.

- TheGMANN - 01-12-2006

You shut up you non-believer!

i'm not sold on nate robinson guarding dirk nowitzki is all i'm sayin

- TheGMANN - 01-12-2006

YA THINK ?

i was still nervous with 0.3 seconds left but they somehow pulled this out. STILL UNBEATEN IN 06

- TheGMANN - 01-12-2006

5-0!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout Nate Robinson on the jump ball huh?

dude can jump

- fbd - 01-12-2006

it was fucking scary watching nate defend dirk on multiple possessions

- The Jays - 01-12-2006

larry covered that point in the press conference. he basically said it was because the mavs were designing their plays for that mismatch, because they knew the knicks cant adjust

- fbd - 01-12-2006

i dont care if the refs told him that nate could punch dirk in the groin without it being a foul, never decide to match up a player on someone over a full foot taller than them

- TheGMANN - 01-12-2006

But Nate's got mad ups.

- fbd - 01-12-2006

but those mad ups get him up to maybe dirk's height. dirk jumps, he's down again

- TheGMANN - 01-12-2006

Curse you and your logic.

- The Jays - 01-12-2006

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) -- Playing their second game in two nights and forced into overtime after blowing an 18-point lead, the New York Knicks were in need of some energy.

It came from the oldest player on the team.

Antonio Davis had four points and three rebounds in overtime, while playing tough defense on Dirk Nowitzki, and the Knicks beat the Dallas Mavericks 117-115 on Wednesday night for their fifth straight win.

"I think they understand how much I care about this team and how badly I want to win," the 37-year-old Davis said. "I don't want to open the papers and see the position that we're in, and a lot of times you have to know your role. You have to know what you can do and what you can't do. And what I can do is I can defend a guy and I can rebound.

"When they see me running after a rebound, or something like that, they really understand what this game is all about."

Stephon Marbury scored 28 points, Jamal Crawford added 25 points and Eddy Curry had 21 for the Knicks, who beat one of the NBA's top teams for the second time in two nights and have won five in a row for the first time since Jan. 30-Feb 8, 2004.

"The way we're approaching the game is totally different," Marbury said. "We have a lot of confidence. We know we're going to win."

New York led by at least eight points from midway through the first quarter until early in the fourth, but was forced to overtime after shooting only 7-of-21 (33 percent) in the final period.

Nowitzki had 32 points for the Mavericks, who had their three-game winning streak snapped and lost to the Knicks for the first time in eight games.

Curry converted a three-point play after grabbing an offensive rebound, giving the Knicks a 110-109 lead with 3:12 remaining in overtime. Davis' follow pushed the lead to three before Nowitzki hit a 3-pointer to tie it for the final time.

Davis made two free throws with 1:27 to go to give the Knicks a 114-112, then he pressured Nowitzki into a tough miss on the other end. Crawford made three free throws from there.

"I think Tony's played him a lot," Knicks coach Larry Brown said. "For the most part he did a tremendous job on him."

Ahead by 18 points in the first half, the Knicks were still up by four until Devin Harris scored on a drive, forced Marbury into an offensive foul on the other end, and Jason Terry knocked down a jumper to tie it at 101.

After Marbury was called for traveling, Nowitzki's jumper with 1½ minutes gave Dallas its first lead since it was 7-6. Curry's follow dunk tied it at 103, and Marbury answered Terry's drive with two free throws to keep it tied with 27 seconds to play.

Nowitzki missed two chances after that, including a 3-pointer just before the buzzer.

"I want to take that one back at the end of regulation that I missed," Nowitzki said. "I kind of rushed that one when the score was tied."

Terry scored 20 points and Josh Howard had 18 for Dallas. Harris had 15 and Jerry Stackhouse 12 off the bench.

Playing one night after winning at Cleveland, the Knicks seized control minutes into the game. A 17-4 run turned a three-point deficit into a 21-11 lead, and New York led 35-21 at the end of the first period. Marbury and Curry each scored 10 points in the Knicks' highest-scoring first quarter of the season.

"They were the aggressors in the first half. We really didn't get off the bus," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said. "We've got some lethargic situations here that I've got to address. It's really disappointing. Just got to crack the whip a little bit."

Maurice Taylor's basket pushed the lead to 40-22 less than a minute into the second quarter, and the Knicks were ahead 63-48 at halftime.

Game notes
Brown wore a Mark Messier jersey during his pregame and postgame remarks to the media. The New York Rangers plan to retire Messier's No. 11 Thursday night. "He's always been someone everybody mentions as a special player," said Brown, who said he is a hockey fan. ... Marbury has made 18 consecutive free throws over the last three games. ... The Knicks and Mavs have the league's two highest payrolls, and there was plenty of money on the sidelines, too: Dallas owner Mark Cuban and Donald Trump were both at the game. ... The Knicks were 31-of-33 (94 percent) from the free throw line and outrebounded the Mavericks 54-37.

- The Jays - 01-12-2006

[Image: msg11401120205_205.jpg]

- fbd - 01-12-2006

i think the only knick left who played with van horn is herb williams