CDIH
What are you reading? - I'm sure some of you read - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What are you reading? - I'm sure some of you read (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- crx girl - 04-29-2002

well, it's free the first time, but i don't think they like it when you keep their books for months at a time.

- Arpikarhu - 04-29-2002

crx's post

- IkeaBoy - 04-29-2002

I'm still reading Bonfire which is actually a great book that you really get into once all the characters are established. I would be finished with it by now if i didn't have school work and classes but then again it's 700 pages so cut me a break. I'll probably be done with it before the end of the week though.

- IkeaBoy - 04-30-2002

I ended up finishing Bonfire today, a few minutes ago actually, because he knew that it would be impossible to study for finals and write final papers with an open book there on the desk. The book remains on my recommended list.

- Maynard - 04-30-2002

Now I'm gonna have to start reading The Stranger again for like the bazillionth time. Then maybe The Fall. I think I'll make it a Camus week.

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

I just finished The Stranger. 2 day read. It's short, and reads easily.

Anyone ever read any Tim Powers books? My friend just bought me "The Anubis Gates" and I think I'm going to start that now. It's a time travel book that has won several awards. My friend said it's one of the best time travel books he's ever read.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-08-2002

Finished a whole bunch of books. Read the Prince, Common Sense, For Whom the Bell Tolls. All good stuff.

Right now I'm on the Portable Nietzsche which has translations by Walter Kauffman which is supposedly the r0x0r compared to others.

- Arthur Dent - 05-08-2002

Currently reading "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" by Douglas Adams. Amazing I didn't read this years ago. Pretty funny stuff.

- Sean Cold - 05-08-2002

I guess I am a dork. I am reading the Timothy Zahn Star Wars trilogy yet again. I shouldn't have went to the SW web site, when the fuck did Mara Jade become Skywalker??????

- Arthur Dent - 05-08-2002

Quote:I guess I am a dork. I am reading the Timothy Zahn Star Wars trilogy yet again. I shouldn't have went to the SW web site, when the fuck did Mara Jade become Skywalker??????

They finally admitted there feelings for each other in Timothy Zahn's duology "Spectre of the Past" and the sequel. The wedding was in a Dark Horse comic.

- Spitfire - 05-08-2002

started Jitterbug Perfume

and Isis Unveiled by Helena P. Blavatsky

- virgingrrl - 05-08-2002

im reading high fidelity yet again, i actually read it before the movie was made. and i think this is the one movie that actually does the book justice.

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Quote:and i think this is the one movie that actually does the book justice.
Yeah, supposedly Cusack worked very closely with the author on that film. The only major thing he changed was the city it was in.

One of my favorite flicks.

I decided not to start reading "The Anubis Gates". Instead, I've been doing some writing, and may start to read "The Fall"" by Camus tonight.

- Spitfire - 05-08-2002

SHAME ON ME! I've never gotten around to seeing High Fidelity :confused:

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Spit, I think you'll love it. It's a story about relationships, but from a man's point of view.

- IkeaBoy - 05-08-2002

After finals I might get started on Thomas Pynchon's "V" another book I've years that I've started a couple of times, put it down and never picked it up until a few months post.

- fbd - 05-08-2002

Quote:I guess I am a dork. I am reading the Timothy Zahn Star Wars trilogy yet again. I shouldn't have went to the SW web site, when the fuck did Mara Jade become Skywalker??????
dent's right...stuff went down in spectre of the past/vision of the future, and then the wedding.go to those when you have time, its a good, updated thrawn trilogy(you even find out the full name and species of everyone's favorite grand admiral).also, try the new jedi order stuff.its everything you'd never expect from star wars

- virgingrrl - 05-08-2002

SPIT! :crackhead: YES! SHAME ON YOU! this weekend, i am demanding that you go to blockbuster and rent it! i will expect a full report on monday!;-)

- Hybrid - 05-08-2002

i just finished reading "the stranger" for english class. yay me.

- Arthur Dent - 05-15-2002

Finished "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and am a few chapter's into "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul". If you enjoyed HHGTTG, than you should definitely read this one. If you didn't read it because it was "too sci-fi", than you should still read this. They're about a detective on earth who gets mixed up in weird cases. Kind of like the Red Dwarf version of the X-Files. So far, the second one is better than the first.