CDIH
Offical NY Yankees Baseball Thread - Road Back to Glory - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Offical NY Yankees Baseball Thread - Road Back to Glory (/showthread.php?tid=5249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- x-file - 06-29-2003

I know its only the mets, but clossen looked real good. This kid looked like the real deal. He had great stuff and seemed to pitch like he'd been pitching for years. It may be a weak team like the mets, but the bullpen showed how the mets CAN score. That just hammers home the point more on how good clossen was tonight. I'd plug this kid in again and put weaver out of his misery.

- x-file - 07-07-2003

Pedro you pussy, throwing at the first 2 batters. Okay I know they may have been brush back pitches to get them off, but a guy with re-known control....DIE Bastard.

By the way, Enrique wilson subs in and doubles twice and score the tying run, eat that you friggin ass

- Goatweed - 07-07-2003

we've been getting beaned a lot lately, but no retaliation has followed - are they that afraid of getting fined? WTF?

- HedCold - 07-07-2003

pedro threw at you too?

- x-file - 07-07-2003

I agree, The yankee's pitchers haven't retaliated back against teams, maybe because they were close games and putting a man on could have affected the outcome and put them in a situation that lost if for the team.

Great game today, Mussina pitched probably the best game since he almost had a perfect game in boston.

You can change the uniform, you can change teams but you can't change blowing a big game at yankee stadium. Byung yung kim is awfull.

- Goatweed - 07-07-2003

HedCold Wrote:pedro threw at you too?
motherfucker clippped my right on the hip - it hurt like hell!

- Galt - 07-08-2003

Yeah!!!! Go Yanks!!!!! They split the series. FUCKIN A!!!!!!!

- Keyser Soze - 07-08-2003

splitting a series is like kissing your sister

- Galt - 07-08-2003

exactly. Yet there seems to be much joy in Mudville after salvaging that split.

- Arpikarhu - 07-08-2003

1 week till the all star break and the start of the red sox annual swoon.

- x-file - 07-09-2003

A one hitter tonight by a kid who for his last start pitched like 4 innings, gave up 11 hits and 7 earned runs. Only good thing about this is that all Mets fans are cursing at the TV now,"He should of stayed here, GOD DAMN ALOMAR AND STEVE PHILLIPS"

Not yet Zippy Aidsface, your getting ahead of yourself. Its usually around the 3rd or 4th game after the break. God I love that slide to hell they do every year.

- x-file - 07-14-2003

Clemens was named to the allstar team today, in a last minute injury or something with Barry Zito.

Clemens should have been picked as a reserve and named the starter. Its his last year and he's will be one the best pitchers to ever pitch. In every other allstar game, that had a legend retiring there was a big to do made about him. Jordans last game with him starting, Cal Ripken being moved over from third to shortstop. Clemens should have had the same respect shown.

- Galt - 07-14-2003

the difference is that everyone hates Clemens.

- Keyser Soze - 07-14-2003

fuck Clemens

- x-file - 07-23-2003

Yanks Acquire Jesse Orosco

How come we couldn't land Sauerback from the Pirates? Instead we get a 50 year old pitcher. Ponderous

- Galt - 07-23-2003

I like how the Yankees just cancel games whenever they're set to face a good pitcher.

It's quite the clever tactic.

- The Jays - 07-24-2003

... yes, cause George Steinbrenner owns the rights to the weather... :23:

- x-file - 07-30-2003

The red sox pick up both sauerback and now williamson from Cincy. What are the yanks doing? Instead there scouting this japanes shortstop from Japan. We need to move here and land another big arm. Benitez is not the answer.

- x-file - 07-31-2003

can somebody please explain to me why the yankees let george steinbrenner get his way? Why would you give up Brandon clossen, who could very well be a great pitcher, to get Aarron Boone. The guy isn't that much better than ventura. If anything Ventura is a hell of better fielder. Boones stats are puffed up because he's hitting in a hitters park. I don't like this move at all.

They also picked up Gabe white in a deal. Isn't this guy on the DL? Does that mean anything to the team? A nagging injury like that can always crop up again.

I'm officially worried about the yankees direction this year. I think cashman caved to the pressure of the boss and got out-smarted by bostons GM Epstein. They made some great moves this year adding the relievers and picking up Suppan who could be that 3rd started they've been looking for.

- Galt - 07-31-2003

...so I just call up ESPN to cancel my 30-day ESPN insider account now that the trading deadline has passed.

As I am quite wacky, I had my user name as "Galt" but had my name listed as "Kunt Ragg"

So when I get on the phone with the girl to cancel my account, I give her my user name, password and all that... and she asks for my full name so that she can locate the account. I give her my real name forgetting that I had used "Kunt Ragg"

The she says, "I think I may have the wrong account. Do you ever go by 'Kunt'--Oh that's nice."

She then quickly got me off the phone, and didn't do the typical "thanks for trying ESPN, blah blah blah