CDIH
Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=9473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- Galt - 10-18-2004

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack" -- Bill Simmons

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

Nothing like a Boston fan regurgitating another stupid metaphor

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:i dont mean to be a dick or anything, or a bitter mets fan, but i just dont relate to the joy of rooting for the yankees. sure they dont always win, but they are always in the playoffs. its actually shocking to their fans they havent won in 4 years, i mean how fucking greedy can you get?
Well, I don't know about you, but I sure love rooting for my team right until they win the big championship, and then I switch my preferences.

Seriously, if you were a fan of a team, wouldn't you want them to win every season you saw them play? I've always wanted the Knicks to win every year, they don't. I always want the Jets to win it every year, but they dont.

And to which fans is it shocking? The Diamondbacks, Angels, and Marlins played better than us.

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2004

I can't relate to the joy of being a yankee fan either, and I'm (or was) a yankee fan.

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2004

yeah but try having been a yankees fan in the 80's and early 90's, it wasn't always this fun.

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2004

still, 26 world championships. you actually have the balls to complain about a decade or so without a championship.

What I hate is when people say "how can you root for them cause they win all the time". Then point to the fact they root for the sox, mets, or cubs whatever and make the point they can do so cause they take pride in sticking by a team that always loses. It's the martyr cause, I back a loser so that means I am a better fan.

- Galt - 10-18-2004

I never understood the "how can you root for them b/c they win all the time" argument. That's just foolish.

I can, however, understand the "how can you root for them when their payroll is 2x the second highest payroll" argument.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

How do you root for the Yankees?
By growing up with them.
By sitting and watching the games and having him repeatedly quiz you on their names and positions.
Some of my first memories are Bucky Dent, Willie Randolph, Dave Winfield, Dave Raghetti etc...

I heard once that the difference between being a Yankee and a BoSox is that the Sox go in waiting for something tragic to happen and Yankees in go in expecting to win, nothing less.
(Wade Boggs - I think)

im not a fan of the mets cause i root for a martyr, i just cant remember being anything else.

The yankees also generate more money and profit than any other team, so while unfortunate that other teams don't make as much money, its also unfortunate they dont have as much to spend.

Last I checked the sox payroll wasnt far off.

The mets also coulda gotten talent but they always choose poorly, I loved all the hoopla surrounding mike cameron.

The simple fact is that the majority of people root for their hometown teams, I was born and raised and still am in brooklyn, ny so I root for the knicks, rangers, giants and yankees. Win or lose I root for them, 1 out of 4 ain't too bad. The simple fact is that you aren't a better or more loyal fan cause you root for the sox you just had the unfortunate luck of being born in mass.

In NY you have the choice of yanks or mets, I don't like anything about the mets, I don't like their stadium, I don't like their players, I don't like their uniforms, hats, absolutly nothing about the Mets appeals to me. The only time I came close to rooting for them was cause of Bobby Valentine, he's just a charismatic person, I was more rooting for him than the mets tho. I just love the yankees, the stadium, the history, everything. Gehrig, Ruth, Mantle, Maris, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, to now it's such an amazing history. The pinstripes the pride it's a great thing, you wanna choose the mets thats your choice.

i totally appreciate the yankees history and their historic park. its sort of like a girl who is classicly beautiful, but she just doesnt do it for you. i can appreciate her beauty, but she doesnt turn me on.

i can't quite explain why im a mets fan. i just am.

Keyser Soze Wrote:i totally appreciate the yankees history and their historic park. its sort of like a girl who is classicly beautiful, but she just doesnt do it for you. i can appreciate her beauty, but she doesnt turn me on.

i can't quite explain why im a mets fan. i just am.
So you go for the crack whore down the block who's missin a few teeth and hasn't washed in a while but at times when she actually bathes she can be a looker.

exactly!!!

You and me got things in common my friend.

admit it, the satisfaction is so much greater when you dont know if she will pass out or not this time.

we don't got things in common my friend.

- Galt - 10-18-2004

It's funny that the Red Sox fans who hate the Yankees absolutely adore the Patriots, when the two teams have been very similar of late. The Pats also just seem to get every break possible

we should focus our disdain for the real enemy....diamondback fans.

Now thats love!