CDIH
The 3rd Annual CDIH Year End Awards - Category #5 Thread Of The Year (Do over) - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The 3rd Annual CDIH Year End Awards - Category #5 Thread Of The Year (Do over) (/showthread.php?tid=9869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- GonzoStyle - 01-09-2005

yeah we all know how big an ass kiss that sleeper is.

looks like the grumpy gillis thread has this vote locked up.

- Goatweed - 01-09-2005

write in - vacationing.

I blame jack for not fixing the SEARCH function in time.

- The Jays - 01-09-2005

any luck finding those other threads yet?

votes over tomorrow at 6, so far the grumpy gillis thread is ahead.

- Sir O - 01-09-2005

Quote:according to your thinking then every noun can be used as a verb
i windowed around yesterday
he light bulbed this morning

yes that works

How did I miss this thread? This is great stuff!

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:votes over tomorrow at 6, so far the grumpy gillis thread is ahead.
only because you refuse to include threads we think should be nominated and instead your personal favorites.
the vote should be titled, "vote for the thread of the year out of the ones i , gonzo, like irregardless of the memberships choices".

this vote, in its present form, is a hollow farce.

- Sir O - 01-09-2005

Quote:ir·re·gard·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gärdls)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]
Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

a specious argument at best. irregardless is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel.

SERVED!!

- The Jays - 01-09-2005

Arpikarhu Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:votes over tomorrow at 6, so far the grumpy gillis thread is ahead.
only because you refuse to include threads we think should be nominated and instead your personal favorites.
the vote should be titled, "vote for the thread of the year out of the ones i , gonzo, like irregardless of the memberships choices".

this vote, in its present form, is a hollow farce.
keyser address this. the write in votes count, in which case, I believe the vactioning thread is tied with Gonzo is a fucking idiot, which is where it should be, because Gillis is the better thread.

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

DO OVER!! DO OVER!!

- Black Lazerus - 01-09-2005

i retract my vote for grumpy gillis and vote for the vactioning thread

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

this vote is in total disarray!! its anarchy!!!!!

- Galt - 01-09-2005

I refuse to retract my Grumpy Gillis vote for the vacationing thread. In fact, I put double emphasis on the Grumpy Gillis thread. Gooch was made to look the fool. Gonzo fought Keyser. Seph posted.

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

irregardless of your opinion, enough people have changed votes and/or expressed dismay at the omittance of the vacation thread to warrant a new vote.

great, you all gave him a new gimmick to latch onto for the next 4 months.

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

stop avoiding the subject.

- Sir O - 01-09-2005

Arpikarhu Wrote:a specious argument at best. irregardless is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel.

SERVED!!
If you wish to pander to the ignorant masses and further participate in the bastardization of our fine language, then sure, you may as well be correct. Why take pride in it?

Quote:Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Do you also use the phrase "couldn't care less" to show your complete apathy? Why not just go all the way and post in ebonics?

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

i shall continue to use irregardless irregardless of your opinion on irregardless.

- Arpikarhu - 01-09-2005

also "couldn't care less" is correct. it is "could care less" that you should have used as an example.

You know what, I will be fair...