CDIH
I had a near death experience... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I had a near death experience... (/showthread.php?tid=10138)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Jack - 03-02-2005

Monday night, coming home from work, was a night I will probably never forget.

It was snowing pretty hard. The roads were very slick.

Ahead of me as I was travelling was a full size conversion van. All of a sudden, he lost it. He spun a couple of times and then went into the ditch. Once there he bounced off the hill of the ditch and rolled not once but twice.

I slowed down and stopped at the side of the road and got out to help him. Another lady stopped as well but up ahead a couple hundred feet. She and I were down the hill helping the guy get out of his van (miraculously he was not hurt) and the lady was on the phone with 911 reporting the accident.

He got out, and as we were standing there checking him over and heading up to the road, another girl spun out and smacked the rear end of my car so hard that it slid back out into the lane of traffic. Luckily it did not get hit again.

The way the girl hit was on her driver side door. Her head went through the window (door window) and she was knocked out completely. Finally, after a couple minutes, as the ambulance was pulling up, she came to and began crying. Her door was so far caved in, that I could see her floor board under it. The ambulance arrived with a police cruiser and they completely blocked off the highway. The ambulance carted her off and a wrecker finally came to get me. I spent half the night at a gas station waiting for a ride and the other half at my moms house as it was a lot closer than home was.

Last night as I lay in bed, I realized that had my car been parked up further, that girl would have slid (maybe flown) down the embankment and slammed right into us and the van that was the original accident. I didn't sleep much after having that thought.

Now, I've always had a belief that there is a god, but I never worshipped him. I don't attend church, never have. This morning though (12:30 A.M.), I said a prayer and thanked him for watching over me. On my way to work this morning, I saw a rainbow and I knew that he was answering my prayer.

- Arpikarhu - 03-02-2005

oh christ, jack has found the lord. this could get ugly.

- Hybrid - 03-02-2005

so close

- Buttmunch - 03-02-2005

Technically, it wasn't a near death experience.

Next time, maybe you won't try to be such a do-gooder.

You almost got yourself killed!

- Keyser Soze - 03-02-2005

you had me until the rainbow

- Tequila - 03-02-2005

I am glad to see you are OK and in one piece.

The moral of this story is - Dont help others who dont ask for your help. Also when we see a rainbow it means that god answered someones prayer, not to look for the pot of gold with a little green fucker sitting in it.

- crx girl - 03-02-2005

one day i was running late as i set off to work. there were a bunch of ambulances and cops pulling up to the corner down the block. as i go around the corner i see a car has slammed into the building there, hard enough that the front corner of the car is crunched into nothing. if i'd left on time i woulda been walking there 5 minutes earlier when the car hit the wall. that did not make me believe in god.

- OAS - 03-02-2005

You better get your wish out in the Death Wish thread just in case.

- Galt - 03-02-2005

I just saw Joan Rivers in Grand Central. She looks like a ghoul

- Galt - 03-02-2005

Jack Wrote:Now, I've always had a belief that there is a god, but I never worshipped him. I don't attend church, never have. This morning though (12:30 A.M.), I said a prayer and thanked him for watching over me. On my way to work this morning, I saw a rainbow and I knew that he was answering my prayer.
Either that, or the sun from today mixed with the moisture in the air from last night's snow caused a rainbow.

- diceisgod - 03-02-2005

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it means your gay

- diceisgod - 03-02-2005

OOOHHH EDGY!

- Goatweed - 03-02-2005

was the knockedout girl who hit your car hot?

was it your fault she hit your car? did you leave the car in a position for it to be hit by oncoming traffic?

- Jack - 03-02-2005

Nope. My car was in park off of the road. It was at least 5 feet from the edge of the road.

dumb bitch

- Galt - 03-02-2005

If your car prevented her car from "flying" into the ditch and on top of where you were, then it means that her car didn't have much velocity to begin with or else it would have barrelled it over and gone through it.

- Mad - 03-02-2005

Nobody killed, nobody injured, no story.

Next time you write about a near death experience, please have one.

- Galt - 03-02-2005

"near" death means there was no death.