CDIH
another political test - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: another political test (/showthread.php?tid=10166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Galt - 03-11-2005

Where do you compare to other political icons?

There's a site called politcal compass that offers a six page quiz, you answer the questions (or agree/disagree with the statements, actually) on economics, social philosophy, globalization, etc, and they rank you in one of four quadrants. It's actually got a fair amount of information and explanation. I don't know who's behind it, or how/if they are rigging the results.

Here's me:
[Image: internationalchart.jpg]

- Sir O - 03-11-2005

I took that one a while ago and was in the bottom left, right near Mndela and the Dalai Lama.

- The Sleeper - 03-11-2005

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

- Galt - 03-11-2005

Damn, Trotsky.

I was a +5.3 something on economics and only a - 2ish on social libertarianism. I think Sleeper may have been further down the lower left than Sir O.

I dunno, I agreed that people who have more money should get better healthcare. I honestly have no clue how a free healthcare system can be pulled off properly.

I was in that area where Mandela and the Dalia Lama are in as well.

- Galt - 03-11-2005

at least you compare to somebody. I'm all over in my own quadrant.

that's cause being a right wing social libertarian is only good in theory.

- Galt - 03-11-2005

It's the only philosophy that is consistent. People should be allowed to make their own choices. They should be able to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences from those choices. Free to spend the money they make without being forced to have the government spend it for them. Free to make decisions about their lives without the government telling them what personal choices they can make about their life.

- IrishAlkey - 03-11-2005

He's got a point.

- The Jays - 03-11-2005

We need a revolution.

Galt Wrote:It's the only philosophy that is consistent. People should be allowed to make their own choices. They should be able to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences from those choices. Free to spend the money they make without being forced to have the government spend it for them. Free to make decisions about their lives without the government telling them what personal choices they can make about their life.
Hey man, take over a country and see if you can pull this off.

Yeah, then they'd have to add "Galt" to that chart and I could be all like, "he was in my car"...

"I denied a cab ride from the one guy who was able to create an anarchist utopia!"

Yours is cooler.

No fair.

- Galt - 03-11-2005

Not anarchy. That's where libertarians are going wrong. They position themselves as cooks by talking about disbanding the FDA, all public servants (not just schools, but police and fire departments), all other sorts of shit.

And it's not impossible. Arlen Spector would be right next to me on that chart.

So you believe that the government should look out for the public's best interest in everything except the free market? Thus, giving the power of public interest to the corporations?

Stop badgering him!

- Galt - 03-11-2005

Nope. Anti-trust laws are a good thing

Well then, it seems like we have an understanding that complete economic freedom and complete social freedom don't go hand in hand.