CDIH
Comedy Central Roast of Jeff Foxworthy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Comedy Central Roast of Jeff Foxworthy (/showthread.php?tid=10192)

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

Did anyone watch the roast. This had to be one of the funniest roasts I have seen in a while.

- Keyser Soze - 03-21-2005

anything mocking that douche i imagine being rather amusing

- fbd - 03-21-2005

but to watch it, you'd have to deal with his other hick friends making their horrible jokes

- Goatweed - 03-21-2005

eh...what good is a bleeped or censored roast?

besides being a hick, what has he done to deserve a roast anyway?

- fbd - 03-21-2005

LCD appeal. him and the rest of his blue collar comedy buddies are thought to be incredibly funny by the lowest common denomenator, so comedy central is capitalizing on their opportunity to make more horrible jokes that white trash loves

- Gooch - 03-21-2005

this man does not deserve a roast.

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

I personally think he is funny. Bill Engvall & Larry the Cable Guy are fucking hysterical. Ron White is the least funny of the 4. Both DVD's are great. Some people are just closed minded to watching are listening to something about white trash that they percived to be unfunny. I thought the same thing. Was flipping through the channels about 2 months ago when I saw Bill Engvall's part in the 1st tour. Had no idea what the show was just started laughing and kept it on till commercial. Thats when I found out what I was watching. I thought about it for a whole 3 seconds and kept it on(being stoned had alot to do with it.) I laughed till the end credits.

The reason he was roasted, He is the top grossing comedian and still has more to come later in the year.

Also to capitalize on the moment of his popularity

Edited By Tequila on 1111422386

- Gooch - 03-21-2005

i have thought about it, and agree, that he does deserve a roast...

...and then served to this dude.

[Image: cannibalism.jpg]

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

Why not feed him to the pygmies in New Guinea?

- fbd - 03-21-2005

its not closed mindedness, i've actually heard a decent sized sampling of stuff. about two years ago, i suffered through a jeff foxsworthy cd a friend had me listen to, and when this all got big, i gave the movie a shot. i now want to shoot myself in the head whenever i see larry the cable guy. he is the single most unfunny peice of shit i've ever seen.

ron white isnt bad, though

- Galt - 03-21-2005

The only thing worthwhile that ever comes out of the south is hot dumb chicks.

- Gooch - 03-21-2005

that and gumbo.

- Danked - 03-21-2005

And cajun food. Oh god yes.

- Goatweed - 03-21-2005

Danked Wrote:And cajun food. Oh god yes.
amen brudda!

- The Jays - 03-23-2005

look, people who live in the country have some seriously stupid culture. Their comedians are dull, their music is whiney and trashy, and they all believe in Jesus Christ like he's Michael Jordan.

Jeff Foxworthy is decent, but his audience is focused. It's the self-deprication that the popular culture finds funny, and I think most of us on the board have listened to a substatial amount of much better self-deprecating humor than Jeff Foxworthy, thus, I believe the man might have deserved a roast, but, most of us here don't feel that way because we are smarter, faster, and better than Jeff Foxworthy fans.

- Arpikarhu - 03-24-2005

Quote:most of us here don't feel that way because we are smarter, faster, and better than Jeff Foxworthy fans.

it is presumptuous of you to include yourself.