CDIH
What I watched this weekend - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What I watched this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=10204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Sir O - 03-27-2005

Johnny Got His Gun
Meet The Feebles
Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle
The Abominble Dr. Phibes
Ringu

I finally got to see Johnny Got His Gun! And oh man it is great!

Harold and Kumar was terrible.

Meet The Feebles was...strange. I missed the ending for a fantasy baseball draft...

Ringu was good enough that I never want to see the American version.

The Abominble Dr. Phibes is campy 70's horror, I knew that going in, and it did not disappoint.

Johnny Got His Gun is the only one of these movies that left me feeling anything. Ringu was good too, but didn't punch you in the face like JGHG.

- The Sleeper - 03-28-2005

Quote:Harold and Kumar was terrible.

Man, you just made me lose a little respect for you.

- Danked - 03-28-2005

Sir O Wrote:Ringu was good enough that I never want to see the American version.
You've basically seen both. The American version was about the same down to the very camera angles for certain key scenes. There were only minor changes to the story.

- Sir O - 03-28-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:
Quote:Harold and Kumar was terrible.

Man, you just made me lose a little respect for you.
(supposed stoner movie) - (fun stoner movie shit (ok, Doogie Howser was cool)) + (ignorance of New Jersey (not even the biggest stoner would go from Hoboken to Cherry Hill for some fucking White Castle!)) = crappy movie.

- Galt - 03-28-2005

Ringu the Japanese version was a lot different if I remember correctly. And it sucked.

- fbd - 03-28-2005

i saw eulogy this weekend...it was really funny

- Goatweed - 03-28-2005

I watched the season (maybe series) finale of Carnivale - they need to film a third season!

- drusilla - 03-28-2005

i'm not even close to being a stoner & i thought harold & kumar was fantastic.

might be one of the funniest movies ever.

- Keyser Soze - 03-28-2005

if they had wound up at the white castle in jersey city at the end, i would have enjoyed it much more.

- Galt - 03-28-2005

I thought it was a funfilled jaunt with madcap antics

- Tequila - 03-28-2005

The Incredibles - One of the funniest 2 hour cartoons ever. Watched it with my kids and just enjoyed the movie.

- drusilla - 03-29-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:if they had wound up at the white castle in jersey city at the end, i would have enjoyed it much more.
in all my journeys to & from philly i don't remember ever seeing a white castle in cherry hill

- Galt - 03-29-2005

Like Nirvana and Clerks, I feel like everyone in the world is pretending to like White Castle just to fuck with me.

- drusilla - 03-29-2005

you found us out. we're all against you.

- crx girl - 03-29-2005

nobody really likes white castle. it's just something that you get an uncontrollable urge to eat on occasion.

i watched the jacket yesterday. the sound was kinda fucked up so i missed some of the conversations and we couldn't back it up, but i thought it was kinda silly.

- Tequila - 03-29-2005

I eat White Castle all the time. Its great when you need to clean your body. 1 sack of cheeseburgers and you are nice and clean on the inside.

- diceisgod - 03-29-2005

I watched Manufacturing Consent. Best documentary ever.

- Gooch - 03-29-2005

That is a great documentary. Noam Chomsky is the shizznit.

i watched....crap. Con Air...awful. Shade with Jamie Foxx, Sylvester Stallone and Stuart Townsend (about Poker)....crappy.

- Galt - 03-29-2005

I watched parts of Rocky-RockyV (yes, even Rocky V) on about 10 separate occasions on AMC

- HedCold - 03-29-2005

i had to watch rocky V with a couple of kids from school a few weeks ago, and they were getting all into it and saying how great it was. i can't look at them the same way anymore.
if i walked in on them having sex i wouldn't feel as weird around them as i do now