CDIH
How good was the golden age forum? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How good was the golden age forum? (/showthread.php?tid=10277)

Pages: 1 2

- The Sleeper - 05-01-2005

I really don't care about the rest of the threads but that one needs to be archived forever

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-01-2005

yeah that was pretty great

- The Sleeper - 05-01-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cdih.net/cgi-bin....t=12045">http://www.cdih.net/cgi-bin....t=12045</a><!-- m -->

- Danked - 05-01-2005

Well, it's no Message Board History.

- The Jays - 05-01-2005

no mad libs either

- The Jays - 05-02-2005

Quote:Gonna do something dumb here but I will anyway. Please read the whole post to understand what I am trying to say.

It didn't hit me till I talked to Buttmunch just now, but like a ton of bricks it did.

Call me an emo fag but I am in tears literally. BM and I mentioned some of the old times we had last years pool tourney the brooklyn part almost 2 years ago. It finally hit me what was lost, not a site. The site was merely housing for us. It is the people, like an old friend you say bye too after you have lived, grown, loved, fought, and did crazy shit with for years. The memories of the fun we had and more importantly the lost opportunity of the fun we should have had, I don't mean in the last months or so. But we shoulda partied more and hung out more but like with all things, the longevity seems endless.

It hurts more not that the site is gone, I can post here. But all the times, the fun, etc is closed now. I pictured BM and myself in his kitchen and that image is what oa.com was. The little moments with people you cared about like fuckin crazy. That moment may mean shit to you but it means the world to me. You have your own moment probably, not a post someone did but an IM convo you had with someone just as people. A moment you spent with someone or a group of people.

Instead spend this time learning from the past and not repeating it, time is short and precious. Look how fast over 2 years flew by. I remember showing up at the ESPN zone in sept of 2000 like it was yesterday and now look where we are.

Remember and don't fuckin forget what we been through. For those of us old enough in tenure, remember the simplicity of how something like ground control started and what it became. IP, Up, all them, alkeys fu to his penis when he first joined. My eggplant story, a day in the life. Or like I said the small moments, a joke someone told you that you couldn't believe someone else got or remembered. Some inside joke you had with someone. For me I always remember FTL waaaaay back sending me a gif of a sig he made me which inspired my "gonzo's date" sig.

I had a Hell of a day today, explaining myself to people who thought I didn't care when I am hurting emotionally more than most of you now. For some of you it was just a board but for many people it was more than that. Had nothing to do with posts, it was the people. The times, the fun, even the arguments.

I implore you to quit bickering amongst yourselves, you will all fuckin miss eachother one day when this is all gone as I have come to this realization now. What are we arguing over? Froy is a piece of shit, who fuckin ruined this for us cause he wanted his way. It wasn't what someone posted, the post coulda been deleted and the site coulda gone on. Froy wanted an out no matter how much you don't wanna believe it. What was posted was dumb but there have been tons of personal dumb things posted and the site never shut down. That is not the point no more, we can argue it over and over, but why?

It is gone, while for many that means shit, "it was just a board". Like BM said be considerate to others memories and hurts. People said "the board is dying" and it did die finally. But that doesn't mean that it is so easy to let go of.

So instead of bickering and arguing, have some fun with eachother, do you wanna have regrets later on that you didn't have fun when you should have? Or that you had the most fun you could have when you had the chance.

I know this is not oa.com, I wish we could bring back oa.com. Who knows what will happen, weirder shit has happened. But for the time being just have fun.

We can still have parties, we can still have softball games, etc etc. Most importantly we have eachother and we ain't goin nowhere.

Thanks for listening.

PS: Instead of being pissed at someone, try to forgive someone instead

Hey, lookie. When Gonzo shuts down the board, he can just make a couple edits on this bad boyhere and re-use it.

Way to save on time, if ya ask me.

Smile

- Goatweed - 05-02-2005

that's some classic shit right there.

- Buttmunch - 05-02-2005

I was a busy little beaver in olden times.

- Goatweed - 05-02-2005

that arthritis really slowed ya down, huh?

- GonzoStyle - 05-02-2005

Quote:PS: Instead of being pissed at someone, try to forgive someone instead

I would never say something so fuckin queer.

- HedCold - 05-02-2005

sure you wouldn't mr LOL

- The Jays - 05-02-2005

I thought the name of this thread was "How golden was the golden age?"

Edited By The Jays on 1115077531

- Goatweed - 05-02-2005

it was good!!

- GonzoStyle - 05-02-2005

HedCold Wrote:sure you wouldn't mr LOL
when the fuck do I LOL!!!

- HedCold - 05-02-2005

you always LOL'd, LOL!!!!

- The Jays - 05-02-2005

how come it's LOL, anyway? None of us are really laughing out loud. Why should we feel the need to lie to innocent people over the internet. It oughta be LTM.

- Buttmunch - 05-03-2005

It should be "the corner of my mouth moved and I really don't know what to say, because what you just said there is kind of pathetic, but I understand 'cause I do the same thing."

- GonzoStyle - 05-03-2005

HedCold Wrote:you always LOL'd, LOL!!!!
That's a load of soap bubbles!!!

- HedCold - 05-03-2005

liar liar pants on fire!

- GonzoStyle - 05-03-2005

I deny the accusation which is a bunch of horse feathers!!!