CDIH
Yo adrianne... you're dead. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Yo adrianne... you're dead. (/showthread.php?tid=10670)

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2005

Quote:Stallone to Star in Sixth "Rocky" Movie
Monday October 17 4:29 PM ET

Yo Adrian! Rocky is planning another comeback. Fifteen years after starring in "Rocky V," Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role as the boxing champ in the sixth "Rocky" movie, publicist Michelle Bega said Monday.

The 59-year-old actor will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," which will begin shooting in Philadelphia and Las Vegas next year.

Stallone told the Daily Variety trade magazine the movie will focus on an aging, widowed Rocky who is reluctant to get back in the ring but ends up doing it "just to compete, not to win."

ADVERTISEMENT

"I am drawing on a lot of my feelings that are in sync with many people's feelings about facing the last chapter of their lives and how they want it to be written," Stallone said.

Dan Taylor, president of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, which is co-producing the film, said the movie focuses less on boxing and more on character.

"It's about self-examination, an opportunity to see what kind of person he is and act on it," Taylor said.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous "Rocky" films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth installment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

But, Herriot said, Burt Young is expected to return as Adrian's brother, Paulie.

Stallone wrote all the "Rocky" films and directed the second, third and fourth entries.

The first movie, released in 1976, won three Oscars, including best picture and best director for John G. Avildsen.

So they're killing her off for some dramatic effect or she just refused to be involved with this idiotic idea of a 60 year old boxer. So they decided to pull a clemenza and kill her off for the film.

So its just gonna be paulie and rocky, no apollo or adrianne... sounds like a winner. Maybe they should bring tommy morrison in for a cameo where he cuts himself and bleeds on everyone.

- Goatweed - 10-18-2005

I predict this movie is going to be really really bad.

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2005

just walk away

- Goatweed - 10-18-2005

Rambo 4 should be a real winner too.

- fbd - 10-18-2005

it cant be worse than rocky V...can it?

- Galt - 10-18-2005

Is there actually a groundswell of support to see another Rocky movie? Who was actually pushing this?

stallone or the same people pushing for the 4th rambo film, which I believe are one in the same.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-18-2005

This is about as good an idea as making another Ernest movie.

- Goatweed - 10-18-2005

Ernest Rises From The Dead!

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2005

id like to see a sequel to schindlers list

- HedCold - 10-18-2005

i'd be way more excited about another ernest movie

I'd rather see a sequel to passion of the christ, kinda like passion meets dawn of the dead.

Romero should direct.

- HedCold - 10-19-2005

passion of the ernest!

- diceisgod - 10-19-2005

there is no reason for this

- TheGMANN - 10-19-2005

If there was a movie just with Paulie then Id be interested.

- The Sleeper - 10-19-2005

I will see this

- GonzoStyle - 10-19-2005

True, paulie was always great and it'd be fun to see him especially as old as he's gotten and probably bitter that his career has fizzled so much, besides sopranos he ain't done much else since rocky.