CDIH
I thought it was a joke - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I thought it was a joke (/showthread.php?tid=10701)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2005

I went to visit my cousin today and we went out for a bit and then went back to his complex and sat on the benches outside. Then a neighbor of his walks by with his 12 year old kid and they stop and we start talking about the knicks and stuff. The conversation switches over to the hurricane and the past events on new orleans and the shit in asia, etc. So the 12 year old chimes in and says "well it's our fault". After asking him what he meant he went into a whole thing on how in school his teachers, not just teacher but teacherS! They are saying that the reason that there has been a recent epedemic of these natural disasters from earthquakes to hurricanes, etcs is because of us. I figured maybe he was talking about pollution or the polar ice caps melting but he said "No, it's because we have been evil and made god angry so now he is punishing us by 'cleaning' up the world".

This kid was dead serious, this is what the fuck they are teaching him in school! This isn't some private school or nothing, it's a shitty public school where they sell crack outside and girls get fingerbanged in the auditorium. Instead of teaching what actually causes earthquakes and hurricanes in a scientific matter, it's easier to just blame it on the invisible man in the sky. No matter what any of us said this kid would not budge, he left still thinking his teachers were correct.

This is honestly some scary shit, I am sick of all this crap about how people want schools tailored around their beliefs. What if the klan gets together and says they don't want the holocaust or black history taught in school, it's their belief and their way of life. School like the news media isn't supposed to be tailored around other peoples beliefs but about facts. Opinions are one thing but this is just silly, you can discuss and prove or disprove scientific fact but when you start dealing with fairy tales as reality, shits gone wrong. It's bad enough that schools already had outdated text books that still referred to blacks as "coloreds" and the only time indians were mentioned it was how columbus had to kill the savages but thankfully some of that has been fixed but this is just overboard shit.

- Gooch - 10-24-2005

public school or parochial? major difference.

public school, the one I went to. It's basically a tad nicer version of dangerous minds but with old jewish guys for teachers who have security walk them to their cars.

- Gooch - 10-24-2005

oy vey
then its pathetic.

parochial, sadly, i'd expect it

- Buttmunch - 10-24-2005

But we do deserve it.

yeah cause what we are doing is worse than the holocaust, the crusades, and freeing slaves. Unbased guilt ridden psycho babble nonsense by a society with too much free time.

- Galt - 10-24-2005

It's not deniable that God is getting back us for being evil. Prove otherwise.

- Gooch - 10-24-2005

when we can't explain it, we apply it as deserved.

back in ancient Rome...Will of the Gods...angering the gods.

so amazingly, we have come no further than this backward blame game

- Arpikarhu - 10-24-2005

i blame teen angst

Galt Wrote:It's not deniable that God is getting back us for being evil. Prove otherwise.
It's also not deniable that zeus and poseidon aren't angry and are punishing us, or that tiny green men aren't using a weather machine to destroy earth. Also for all these bible knowleged people maybe someone would remember that after the flooding of the earth and incident with noah god said he would never interfere again.

- Arpikarhu - 10-24-2005

maybe god digs peoples sorrow and noshes on their pain.

- Goatweed - 10-24-2005

Quote:girls get fingerbanged in the auditorium

that's hot

Arpikarhu Wrote:maybe god digs peoples sorrow and noshes on their pain.
maybe god should strike you down, nosher!

- Galt - 10-24-2005

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is protecting me at night.

- diceisgod - 10-24-2005

If those kids could read maybe they would deserve the truth

- Keyser Soze - 10-24-2005

im inclined to believe its more mother nature giving us back what we deserve for fucking with her so badly.

- TheGMANN - 10-24-2005

You fucking hippie!!!

- IrishAlkey - 10-25-2005

*** Silera Posting ***
Daniel's learning about Area 51 in social studies. He has no idea what the Declaration of Independence was about and thinks George Washington drank lots of beer at Valley Forge before the battle.

I'd complain about the teacher, but it's so fucking funny I'm willing to let him have a throw away year.

- diceisgod - 10-25-2005

Teachers must make things up arbitrarily to teach to their minorities.

- Hoon - 10-25-2005

i'd rather have teachers telling kids that god is real than what they usually do, you know, giving them alchohol, getting them pregnent and fondling their hairy little arpi's.