CDIH
Channing Frye - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Channing Frye (/showthread.php?tid=10794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- The Jays - 11-19-2005

You're my only hope.

- fbd - 11-19-2005

i just love watching nate vs boykins

- GonzoStyle - 11-19-2005

they're getting warmed up, just playin possum.

- The Jays - 11-20-2005

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks coach Larry Brown had a feeling that Stephon Marbury was ready for a breakout game.

Marbury scored a season-high 27 points Sunday to help New York beat the Portland Trail Blazers 103-92, giving Brown his first Knicks victory at Madison Square Garden.

"I thought Steph was phenomenal," Brown said. "I loved the way he was being aggressive. I told people before the game he would play great."

Marbury's cousin Sebastian Telfair had a career-high 27 points for the Blazers in his return home.

"Getting a chance to play at the Garden is a special thing," Telfair said. "I give it to the Knicks, they won."

Channing Frye added 20 points and Jamal Crawford had 19 for New York. Zach Randolph had 17 points and Darius Miles added 16 for the Blazers, who opened a seven-game road trip.

Marbury left the game with 44.2 seconds left and New York leading 103-92, drawing a standing ovation.

"It's always great to win," Marbury said. "Winning for coach being that it was his first game."

Brown had hoped Marbury would be more aggressive, and his star responded with 14 points in the first half.

"I felt like I was going to come out and play the way I know how to play basketball," Marbury said.

The Knicks (3-7) used a 16-5 run over the end of the third quarter and beginning of the fourth to turn a 70-69 deficit into a 85-75 lead. Frye had eight points during that span.

Portland shot 55 percent from the field (33-for-60), but had a season-high 23 turnovers, including seven by Miles.

"It's all about numbers and points, we had no focus on the defensive end," said Portland coach Nate McMillian. "We have too many people concerned about numbers, touches, and the way they look as opposed to playing the right way."

Juan Dixon had 11 points in the fourth quarter, including three 3-pointers, to try and keep the Blazers (3-5) close. But the Trail Blazers could get no closer than seven points.

Telfair had 19 points in the first half, including 13 in the second quarter. The guard from Brooklyn hit two 3-pointers and an acrobatic drive to help Portland take a 57-54 lead at the half.

"Sebastian is getting better every second of every game," Brown said. "He made some plays that you don't see many people make."

The Trail Blazers shot 58.8 percent (20-for-34) in the first 24 minutes.

Eddy Curry kept the Knicks close with 12 points in the first half, but didn't return. He has been slowed by a left calf injury.

"I have been trying to play through it, but it hurt a little bit," Curry said. "It got a little sore as I played. I just have to take care of it so that it is not a nagging injury."

Game notes
The Knicks were forced to play at noon after returning from a 2-4 Western trip because the New York Rangers were playing Sunday night and the Madison Square Garden floor had to be changed to ice. "Having six games in 10 days and then having a 12 o'clock game is a little unusual," Brown said. ... Frye is the first Knicks rookie to lead the team in scoring more than once in a season since Mark Jackson did it 11 times in the 1987-88 season. ... The Blazers have won seven of the last 11 against the Knicks. ... Knicks guard Quentin Richardson did not play because of back spasms. ... Telfair's previous career high was 23 points against Charlotte last season.

GO RAILSPLITTERS!

- Keyser Soze - 11-21-2005

Nets > Knicks

- The Jays - 11-21-2005

Jersey people

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

I don't know what sport these guys are playing, but it sure isn't basketball!

- The Sleeper - 11-25-2005

worst team ever

- Keyser Soze - 11-25-2005

i dont care if you're from mars, the nets are infinitely more exciting than this current knicks roster.

- HedCold - 11-25-2005

isiah thomas working his magic once again

- fbd - 11-25-2005

i dont see why everyone is hating on this squad. the combination of steph, Q, crawford, and penny will all work well together, jerome james has proven himself as a beast, short point guards always blossom into all stars, and larry brown has his name written all over this squad. their record just doesn't fit for some reason

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:i dont care if you're from mars, the nets are infinitely more exciting than this current knicks roster.
shut up about the fucking nets, jersey boy.

- GonzoStyle - 11-25-2005

they're just warming up.

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

i know they are! larry brown's words are sowing seeds in the ripe minds of these knicks, and soon will come the harvest, and we'll be reaping a 43-39 record!

- GonzoStyle - 11-25-2005

once they go on a 20 game win streak, things will even out.

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

I wanna see the number under the PA column below 80!

- The Jays - 11-26-2005

[Image: post-13-43105-051126_knicks_robinson_hlrg_2p.hlarge.jpg]

- Keyser Soze - 11-27-2005

The Jays Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:i dont care if you're from mars, the nets are infinitely more exciting than this current knicks roster.
shut up about the fucking nets, jersey boy.
infinitely better than staten island boy

- The Jays - 11-27-2005

the 5-7 nets are infinitely better than the 4-8 knicks?

- The Sleeper - 11-27-2005

the nets are a bigger mess than the knicks. at least the knicks are somewhat trying to rebuild rather than putting an nba fantasy team with no cohesion together. i'd be stoked if the knicks could trade marbury for a 1st rounder and get another solid rookie like frye next year. probably won't happen though.