CDIH
Most talked about movie you never saw? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Most talked about movie you never saw? (/showthread.php?tid=1088)

Pages: 1 2

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-02-2002

For me it is The Phantom Menace. I just dont think I can get into that movie. But everyone seems to have seen it.

- Maynard - 04-02-2002

The English Patient. Never saw it. Never wanted to see it. Everyone talked about it. Won lots of big awards. Nope, still don't want to see it.

- The Sleeper - 04-02-2002

I'll die content if I never watch a minute of Lord of the Rings.

- Hybrid - 04-02-2002

Confusedigh: ............braveheart. ive never seen it. heard it was awesome though.

- Galt - 04-02-2002

All the old ones. Citizen Cane, Casablanca, blah blah blah. Every movie made before 1970 is horrible

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-02-2002

Galt Wrote:All the old ones. Citizen Cane, Casablanca, blah blah blah. Every movie made before 1970 is horrible
LOL.......I agree!

Any Star Trek movie for me also.

- Maynard - 04-02-2002

The Sleeper Wrote:I'll die content if I never watch a minute of Lord of the Rings.
:o

BLASPHMER!!

- Galt - 04-02-2002

HyBriD Wrote:Confusedigh: ............braveheart. ive never seen it. heard it was awesome though.
It IS awesome and you HAVE to watch it. It's got some of the best quotes ever.

The reason I'm responding though is in regards to how popular it is, yet no one talks about the HORRIBLE post-production editing that was done in that movie.

It's so bad, it's like they did it on purpose.

There are two scenes that I can think of that really stand out.

The first one is in one of the battle scenes. They keep cutting back and forth between the Scots and the English running towards each other at the beginning of the battle. They must have shown Mel Gibson about 6 different times in the span of 15 seconds. Each time, he had a different weapon. It varied from having a sword a sword in his hand, to have a sword on his back and nothing in his hands, to having an axe in his hand, a mace, and an AK-47.

The second one was probably the worst ever. It's in the scene where he's talking to the princess chick in her little tent. She's got this white vail over her face and it's got a chin strap. There were probably 50 different shots of her during the conversation, and every time, the vail was in a different position on her chin. Sometimes it was very tight, sometimes, it was all stretched and frayed. It was just so rediculous, that I can never focus on that scene.

But it's still one of my favorite movies. I'm just in awe that no one ever talks about it, since the editing in those scene was just atrocious

- HedCold - 04-02-2002

theres so many i havent seen. the matrix, shrek, braveheart, star wars, lord of the rings
you name a really talked about movie i probably haven't seen it
and pre 70 movies do suck

- Hybrid - 04-02-2002

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE MATRIX! GO RIGHT NOW AND RENT IT! NOW! GO!

- Keyser Soze - 04-02-2002

Debbie Does Dallas

- Arpikarhu - 04-02-2002

Maynard Wrote:The English Patient. Never saw it. Never wanted to see it. Everyone talked about it. Won lots of big awards. Nope, still don't want to see it.
so with you on that one.
as to pre-70 movies. you are all a bunch of philistines!!

- HedCold - 04-02-2002

Quote:YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE MATRIX! GO RIGHT NOW AND RENT IT! NOW! GO!
No.
i just have no interest in hearing about all the crap they spew in that movie
plus i think keanu reeves is annoying and should die

- Hybrid - 04-02-2002

dude, its amazing. just go. Big Grin

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-03-2002

I never saw any of the Star Wars movies...I started watching Star Wars when it was rereleased a while back and fell asleep.

I also refuse to see Lord of the Rings.

- Arthur Dent - 04-03-2002

There are a lot I haven't seen. Some because I don't want to, most because I haven't gotten around to it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dumb and Dumber
The Big Labowski
The one with Jim Carry as a cop with mutliple personalities.
A.I.
Ace Ventura - Any of them
The Mask

And many, many others...

- Hybrid - 04-03-2002

you havent seen any of jim carreys movies? kill yourself. go rent them all right now!

- Arthur Dent - 04-03-2002

Bu..But I saw Batman and Robin! And Liar Liar! Sad

Edit - Oh, yeah. And The Truman Show!

But I still haven't seen half of Adam Sandler's movies either.
Haven't seen Happy Gilmore from start to finish. Just keep seeing random 5 and 10 minutes bits on cable.
Or the one where he's the devil's son.
Or the one where he raises a kid.

-damn it, I broke the thread.

Edited By Arthur Dent on April 03 2002 at 08:57

- Hybrid - 04-03-2002

dumb and dumber and both ace venturas must be rented immediately. Big Grin

- McBourbon - 04-03-2002

American Pie 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (which I hate myself for not seeing), and LOTR. Of course......I don't really feel like I'm missing that much either. I've got Fight Club, Caddyshack, American Beauty, etc all here at home to watch over and over again.