CDIH
How much would you spend for a monthly film ticket - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: How much would you spend for a monthly film ticket (/showthread.php?tid=1120)

- IkeaBoy - 04-04-2002

How much would you spend for an unlimited monthy theater ticket? I mean, if a movie theater offered one ticket that could be used unlimited times for any movies, any amount of times per month how much would you spend for it? I would be willing to go between $100-$125

- Maynard - 04-04-2002

I used to go out to movies alot. But I really don't anymore. A combination of time, and the fact that I hate going to watch a movie with all those fucking freaks in the theatre and the tight seats and all. BAH! That just sucks.

But I'd probably pay around $50

- Galt - 04-04-2002

since there isn't a movie theatre within walking distance, I rarely go to the movies. It's a pain in the ass to park anywhere in Boston, so I have been to the movies probably 5 times in the last year or so.

So I would probably only pay about $15

- Keyser Soze - 04-04-2002

I don't get to see movies as often as I used to, the free time I have now is precious and I don't want to be locked in a dark room for 2 hours. I have a pretty kick ass home theater so DVD is the way I roll. A monthly pass would not be something I would be interested in at all.

Besides, I just borrow my friend's SAG card to see free movies anyway.

- McBourbon - 04-05-2002

Ticket: $8
Soda: $7
Popcorn (jumbo bucket): $12
Milk Duds: $4
Telling the assholes in the theatre to shut the fuck up and stop talking back to the FUCKING screen so I can watch the movie: PRICELESS
Ticket that would let me get PRIVATE screenings of any movie per month: Also PRICELESS

- lent - 04-05-2002

actually AMC tested this in the south last year. for $30 a month i think.
i wouldnt pay for that. i see movies only about every 2-3 months and more frequently in the summer.

- IkeaBoy - 04-05-2002

well you don't get free food which is cool since I don't buy food from the theater. The thing is you don't get private screenings. as for me with the ticket, the thing is I will see every thing that opens. I mean seriously, I would be there like everyday and twice on the weekend and see any damn thing that opens.

- Arthur Dent - 04-05-2002

I don't see most films in the theater because i don't think they're worth the $9 to see ($5 if it's a matinee). Many aren't worth the $3-$5 to rent them. But if I had a pass to see them all, I probably would see a lot more films just because I could.

I wouldn't go for a monthly pass, but I would go for a yearly pass that was something like 12 movies for the price of 10 or something like that.

- Skitchr4u - 04-05-2002

i think i would pay like $75-$100, as long as it was unlimited, and in a decent theater, not one of the 20 year old theaters that needs a total renovation...stadium seating in nice seats, makes the movie worth it.

- HedCold - 04-05-2002

Quote:well you don't get free food which is cool since I don't buy food from the theater. The thing is you don't get private screenings. as for me with the ticket, the thing is I will see every thing that opens. I mean seriously, I would be there like everyday and twice on the weekend and see any damn thing that opens.
your post count would take a serious hit

it depends when i would get the pass. over the summer for a month maybe i'd spend 50 bucks. i would look into what movies are coming out during that month and such

- Arthur Dent - 04-05-2002

You know, we've got enough people on this board to book a theater for a private screening like they do for birthday parties and stuff. Only problem is it has to be in the morning before the normal screening times.

- BeckyDC - 04-05-2002

hmm I dont go to the movies much..so like maybe 50.00..MAYBE

- Hummercash - 04-07-2002

Quote:I used to go out to movies alot. But I really don't anymore. A combination of time, and the fact that I hate going to watch a movie with all those fucking freaks in the theatre and the tight seats and all. BAH! That just sucks.

u mean niggers, don't you?

waddle doodle.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-07-2002

I'd pay. Just as long as it doesn't exceed my montly output of cd-rs.

- Hybrid - 04-07-2002

20 bucks.