CDIH
Dubai Ports World - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dubai Ports World (/showthread.php?tid=11441)

Pages: 1 2

Dubai Ports World - Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

Bush greenlights a United Arab Emirate's firm to take over major US ports.

Is this another example of his Cronie capatlism, putting his personal ties ahead of the good of the nation....

or

more liberal chicken little squawking about nothing?

- Keyser Soze - 02-17-2006

heard this coming in to work this morning. you'd have to prove to me theres a hidden agenda, however even if there isn't.....what a fucking moronic thing to do.

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

I don't think the agenda is hidden,
the Bush family has many financial ties to Saudi Arabia/ UAE and no amount of evidence tying terrorism to these nations is ever given consideration.

thats well known, but you are accusing the president of treason, basically. can you prove it?

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

dude......
not to question your comprehension level...
but where do you see a word that even approaches "treason" in my post?

Quote: putting his personal ties ahead of the good of the nation

wouldn't you consider that an act of treason? basically putting the UAE and his interests ahead of the country?

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

Bush and the Republican Congress threw the Credit Card industry a major bone when they revised the personal bankruptcy laws.

would that be considered treason as well?

I'm trying to figure out what definition you are attributing to the word.

you're actually comparing credit card companies to a company from a shady foreign country controlling our ports?

- Galt - 02-17-2006

Ken'sPen Wrote:Bush and the Republican Congress threw the Credit Card industry a major bone when they revised the personal bankruptcy laws.

Challenge.

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

It seems to me that you are projecting....
do you feel that Bush allowing a (as you say) company from a "shady country" to secure our ports an act of treason?

- Galt - 02-17-2006

I'd really like visit UAE sometime. I hear it's amazing. My company just opened a huge practice in Dubai.

if, in fact, it was proven that he did so for his own benefit...without regard for our national security, you're damn right I would call it treason.

but i don't see any evidence as of yet to point to that. i'm still floored at this point that a UAE company is running our ports.

- Galt - 02-17-2006

The UAE company is merely buying a London-based company.

It's not like all US ports are run by US companies. Do you have a problem with the outsourcing in general, or to a UAE company in general?

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

I don't like outsourcing....
I guess cause I'm not a neo con.

I most certainly don't like outsourcing vital tasks to companies that are in the hot bed of terrorism....

Quote:It's not like all US ports are run by US companies. Do you have a problem with the outsourcing in general, or to a UAE company in general?

i have a problem with how the companies are not being vetted throughly before having control over such a vulnerable point of attack.

- Galt - 02-17-2006

The company was vetted and approved. They could have been denied, but they weren't. Now, I don't know what the process was, or who was in charge, but we can obviously be certain that Dick Cheney and George Bush did something underhanded.

I don't know anything about this company, and honestly don't know much about the country, other than it's supposed to be really pretty.

If you have a problem with outsourcing, that's one thing, and completely understandable, though I'm pretty sure that we have been outsourcing operations for well before Bush came into office.

- Ken'sPen - 02-17-2006

I heard a Republican Congressman on Hannity yesterday...
King.

apparently he has problems for what passes as "vetting" too.
He cited numerous issues this company has had in other parts of the world allowing contraband to pass thru.

the company was approved pre 9/11

- Arpikarhu - 02-17-2006

the whole thing is being blocked by congress.

- HedCold - 02-23-2006

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060222/1220648376.htm&ewp=ewp_news_0206arab_ports">http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story. ... arab_ports</a><!-- m -->

While Bush has adamantly defended the deal, the White House acknowledged that he did not know about it until recently.

``He became aware of it over the last several days,'' McClellan said. Asked if Bush did not know about it until it was a done deal, McClellan said, ``That's correct.'' He said the matter did not rise to the presidential level, but went through a congressionally-mandated review process and was determined not to pose a national security threat.

anyone else just read this as "terrorism is only a threat when we tell you its a threat"