CDIH
Favorite cut of steak / places to eat - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Favorite cut of steak / places to eat (/showthread.php?tid=11581)

Pages: 1 2 3

Favorite cut of steak / places to eat - Galt - 03-06-2006

I've been doing a little tour of all the major steakhouses in the city this winter, and am also set to go to another one tonight.

I've been getting the filet at most places, though at the Luger clones, I had to get the Porterhouse.

I'd say the NY Strip is my favorite, but given its fat content, that's why I go with the Filet most of the time.

The rib-eye just has way too much fat for me.

As to where the best places are: I'd say Strip House is my favorite. Sparks could be up there, but I was stupid and got some "different" cut of steak, which ended up being some NY Strip thing covered in onions and peppers and sauce, so I couldn't even taste the steak; I'll need to go back there. Wolfgangs is better than Ben & Jacks (as Luger spinoffs go). Ruth's Chris is OK. Smith & Wollensky sucks. Bobby Vans had Ok food, but I didn't like the place.

It's on my mind because I'm going back to Ben & Jacks for work tonight and I don't know if I should branch out and get the strip or go with the Filet.

- fbd - 03-06-2006

i go with a nice porterhouse usualy. best of both worlds

personaly, i'm not a fan of luger clones, because (the ones i've been to, at least) of the stupid one big steak for multiple people. it isnt enough food and it tends to toe the line of sacrificing quality for size

- Galt - 03-06-2006

Most of the places I go have Porterhouse for two. I haven't been to one yet that has a porterhouse for one. I know Capital Grille in Boston (and I'm assuming in NY) had the porterhouse for 1, but haven't seen them here.

Surely with all the fat people on the board, there are some people with definative steak preferences.

- GonzoStyle - 03-06-2006

whip out your cock and say "eyyy you got a nice piece of meat like disssss?"

- Galt - 03-06-2006

Don't let my dashing good looks fool you; I'm not Keyser.

- GonzoStyle - 03-06-2006

It'd be funny though, then again I ain't been to any joint in the city since like 98 so I forget how many fag waiters you got out there. Hence I would advise to abort the idea and just keep it cool butterfly.

- Arpikarhu - 03-06-2006

the old homestead is the best in the city. the porterhouse or the t-bone are mainstays of the place. i prefer the kobe.

- Galt - 03-06-2006

where is the Old Homestead? Never heard of it. I'll at it to my list. Dylan Prime and Palm is up on the list of "to do"

- Arpikarhu - 03-06-2006

the old homestead is nyc oldest steakhouse and the best. it isnt well known anymore cause they dont cater to the yuppy poseur crowd. its in the meat packing district on 14th street and 11th ave.

best steak in the world in my opinion

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-06-2006

isnt old homestead the place that had the really expensive burger?

ive been to strip house, and i didnt really think it was anything special, they had good cake though.

i like Mortons, The Palm and Shelleys.

in Boston though, a nice cheaper steak is at Charleys.

oh and i like NY Strip.

- Keyser Soze - 03-06-2006

BLT steak is a newer place that is very good. Dylan Prime is good and has a nice bar as well. Frankie and Johnnies and Keens are two old school places that are real good, Keens specializes in mutton chops.

Old Homestead has also opened up in the Borgata in Atlantic City.

I prefer a filet or a NY strip.

- Goatweed - 03-06-2006

I remember loving Peter Luger's years ago, and I probably got the Porterhouse but I haven't been to a really good steak house in a really long time.

- Arpikarhu - 03-06-2006

Goatweed Wrote:I remember loving Peter Luger's years ago, and I probably got the Porterhouse but I haven't been to a really good steak house in a really long time.

i hope you die

- The Painter - 03-06-2006

Ruth's Chris Steak House
148 West 51st Street
New York City, NY 10019

It's very very good

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-06-2006

painter what is your 2nd favorite place, Longhorn or Outback?

- Keyser Soze - 03-06-2006

he's been hannitized

- Charles Manson - 03-06-2006

eeewww it has too much faaaaattttt!!!!

FAGGOT!!

- Goatweed - 03-07-2006

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:I remember loving Peter Luger's years ago, and I probably got the Porterhouse but I haven't been to a really good steak house in a really long time.

i hope you die

you'll kick before me, old man - and I hope I'm there to see it. with popcorn!!!

- Galt - 03-07-2006

Maybe it was the company, but Ben & Jack's was awesome tonight.

- The Sleeper - 03-07-2006

the philly cheese steak place in the nanuet mall was my favorite