CDIH
duke lax rape thing - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: duke lax rape thing (/showthread.php?tid=11750)

Pages: 1 2

duke lax rape thing - HedCold - 04-18-2006

any opinions? think the guys they finally charged today are guilty? is the stripper making stuff up?

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-18-2006

They'll walk regardless. The D.A. FUCKED this one up. Too much accusing went on without any proof, facts, or even evidence. The DNA coming back negative will hurt the Prosecutions case. All those students who were rallying against the team must feel like total idiots when the DNA came back negative.

The D.A. was up for reelection or some shit and was unpopular with the minorities of the Raleigh/Duram area. So he pinned his hopes of getting them behind him on this case and got so over zealous that he probably cost himself relection for sure.

I don't know what happened but I do know that in the lack of evidence we can not point fingers and make accusations. Innocent till proven guilty. Execpt if you're Barry Bonds. FUCK THAT GUY.

- Black Lazerus - 04-18-2006

please acknowledge the fact that had this been a reversal of races this would be a much different conversation...

white boys are wild but i don't think they did what she said they did for the simple fact that most of you would be afraid to do that to a black chick. i think something may have happened but not what she said happened.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-18-2006

I agree that if the races were reversed things would have been handled differently. I don't know that a white man would not rape a black woman. It has happend before.

Here's another point I'd like to make though. If the email about wanting to *blank* up the black strippers that was supposedly uncovered by the Duke email server guy is true and leads to any kind of discipline, there could be a lawsuit against the university. I'm not sure what their privacy policy is but I am almost certain since it's a private school that their communcations are not a matter of public record and unless the emails were requested by the court for the purpose of evidence (which they weren't as the indictments werent'e even handed down at the time of the email's surfacing), the young man in question had his privacy invaded.

Another thing that I found interesting was that when they took DNA from the team they took it from the 42 or 43 white guys and left the lone black player alone.

It seems that the major issue here is Race and not Rape.

- HedCold - 04-18-2006

they didn't take it from the black guy because the stripper said the guys who did it were white. there was no need for the black guys dna

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-19-2006

You're right that was probably a bad example...but I still think that race and societal class form the basis for the controversy.

I don't even think we'd be talking about it if it wasn't for ESPN covering it. How many rape cases gain that kind of national coverage?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-19-2006

well........its sports related, and its rape.

those are usually pretty well covered.

If a Rape happens in North Carolina. Unless it's at Duke and involves a sports team you wouldn't hear about it in NY/NJ. There's no way that would make news in NY/NJ when NY/NJ has it's own rapes to report on.

- Mad - 04-19-2006

Who knows which way this case will go, she's a nut job and the jocks aren't exactly angels (one pleaded guilty to simple assault in DC last year.)

Money to afford high priced lawyers helps a lot, and they'll most likely walk because of the strippers lack of credibility, IMO.

But have they already been deemed guilty by the court of public opinion?

Another thing that I love about this case is that the Duke student newspaper really impressed me as one that doesn't just suck up to the administration. Here at GT our school paper just slurps whatever the admins hand down. Over at Duke they're calling for the AD's resignation.

- drusilla - 04-20-2006

The AD will probably lose his job. i had a discussion about this today with my AD & he said Duke's AD will be the next to go. He said the school's president will most likely follow.

The thing that sucks the most about this is that if these guys are found not guilty, Duke Lacrosse, Duke Athletics & Duke itself are FUCKED. The school's rep has plumeted because of this. They are going to lose future athletes from all sports who will be afraid to represent a school with such a tarnished reputation. No matter what any other team does, this will always be around. My AD said that Duke tennis players are being hazed while in competion. "RAPIST" being screamed from the crowds. Its awful. Losing donations from alumni is going to hurt them sooooo bad. All of these innocent athletes are just screwed now. Same for those who would be future athletes.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-20-2006

Coach K is staying as far away from this thing as possible too. He hasn't said shit. Instead he's focused on Team USA. I think he is doing the right thing and keeping his name out of it.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-20-2006

i don't think its going to really impact anyone that is thinking about attending school there, its DUKE.

the stripper is going to be uncovered as a liar just looking for attention, and people shouldnt lose their jobs because of it.

- drusilla - 04-20-2006

HollywoodJewMoses Wrote:i don't think its going to really impact anyone that is thinking about attending school there, its DUKE.

the stripper is going to be uncovered as a liar just looking for attention, and people shouldnt lose their jobs because of it.

It will, especially for lacrosse players. There is nothing you can do to change the image of the school around. i actually had a meeting today with some of my athletes & the athletic director, & this was a large focus of it.

It's going to make parents want to send their kids to other schools & athletes go somewhere else. This may not be true for all incoming athletes, but i'm sure its going to be true for some.

if education is important to those parents, and they have to choose between sending their kid to Maryland, Syracuse or Duke, i dont think a stupid alleged rape case is going to make the parents keep their kid away from the Duke education.

- drusilla - 04-20-2006

not to the ones where lacrosse/athletics is the issue

& there is always hopkins

Or UMD or 'Cuse

JHU is a good call, but cuse and umd arent even close to the same academic level that Duke is on.

- Keyser Soze - 04-20-2006

fuck duke

maybe the students heard that enough and decided to fuck back?