CDIH
Ewings last game at the garden - Standing ovation or not? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Ewings last game at the garden - Standing ovation or not? (/showthread.php?tid=1183)

- PatCooper - 04-09-2002

Tonight the knicks play the magic at the garden. It could be Ewings last game played there since he might retire after this season. So should the crowd tonight give him the standing ovation or not?

- HedCold - 04-09-2002

i think they definitly should, with all he did while on that team
plus it'll give them something to cheer for

- PatCooper - 04-09-2002

Quote:i think they definitly should, with all he did while on that team

What exactly did he do for the team? I know he helped them get to the playoffs all those years. And to the finals. But he never got them a championship.

- Keyser Soze - 04-09-2002

throw bannanas

- HedCold - 04-09-2002

Quote:And to the finals. But he never got them a championship.
ewing WAS the knicks for most of the 90's
thats like saying the jazz shouldn't cheer for malone and stockton if they were ever to go to another team, because they never won them a championship, and ewing is only one guy

- Sean Cold - 04-10-2002

My biggest knock on Ewing is that in 94, game 6 and 7 of the finals, with the Knicks having the chance to put the Rockets away, Ewing was so fuckin scared to make a shot he kept passing it out, mostly to that grocery bagger Starks who was 0 for 13 for three. His refusal to take those to games over like he well should have and most probally could have turned me away from the Knicks.

Should he get a standing o? Sure, why not, they applaud that criminal so why not clap for the mongloid as well. Knicks uper brass should have a parade for him in the end though because it was Ewing who helped with thier goals of raising ticket prices.

- Arpikarhu - 04-10-2002

he gets a standing o for his past but i will be the guy sitting. he was a ball hog until the pressure came down and then he folded. the guy had no heart. only center in the league who wouldnt play in the paint. guy was huge yet he got intimidated by every other center in the nba.

- HedCold - 04-10-2002

maybe its because i'm not a knick fan so i'm not as critical, but he was the knicks. whenever it was knicks vs bulls it was jordan's bulls vs ewing's knicks. yea he wasn't hakeem, but not to many people are.
and more often then not ewing was pretty clutch. yea there was that finger roll vs the pacers (:roflmaoSmile but there were a lot of other times he came up big

- Arpikarhu - 04-10-2002

having seen ewing for many seasons as a knick fan, he was a useless piece of garbage who refused to play his position

- HedCold - 04-10-2002

just because i'm not a knicks fan doesn't mean i don't watch the games
i think about it this way. the knicks no longer have that one guy who always made them a threat in the east. ewing was that one guy upper managemant could always fall back on and say 'even if this move doesn't work out, we'll still be good because of ewing.' now they don't have that luxury and look where they are.
yea he's old and he's no longer that same ewing, but to not recognize him for what he meant to the team is in my opinion silly

- Arpikarhu - 04-10-2002

he meant nothing to that team because he took them nowhere. how many championships did they win with ewing? none. how many playoff game winning shots did ewing make? none. how many league centers did he dominate? none. as a "franchise" player he sucked. just because he ate up alot of knick minutes over the course of his career does not make him a great player.

- Keyser Soze - 04-10-2002

He wasn't a great player but when you think of the Knicks in the 90's you think Ewing. He deserves the recognition simply because he's part of Knicks history.

- Arpikarhu - 04-10-2002

then we should also have a bernard king and kiki vandeweighe night

- Keyser Soze - 04-10-2002

while you're at it, throw in a Greg Butler night too

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-11-2002

I stopped being a Knick fan those two years Jordan was out because of that Finger Roll against the Pacers and the terrible play against the Rockets. I don't watch pro-basketball much any more because the team I cheered for just before MJ returned sucks now (Bulls) but I still catch Kobe and Allen doing there thing from time to time and I enjoy that. Mainly cause they're only a year or two older than I am and it's fun seeing them do what they do at my age. That's the main reason I why like Ilya Kolvelchuck.

- Arpikarhu - 04-11-2002

Quote:That's the main reason I why like Ilya Kolvelchuck.
way to stay focused