CDIH
which is worse? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: which is worse? (/showthread.php?tid=11832)

Pages: 1 2

which is worse? - HedCold - 05-11-2006

which is worse, giving someone false hope, or just telling them there's no hope?

- Hoon - 05-11-2006

context needed

- Danked - 05-11-2006

Just tell joobies there is no hope for you two and pass on my number on to her.

- HedCold - 05-11-2006

i was thinking of it more if ethically, you had to choose one position on the matter, that whenever a situation came up big or small, you stuck to one

i was trying not to put to much into the question to try not to sway an opinion or the discussion...but if you must

what kind of situations would make you switch? are you just going for the one that would make the person feel best afterwards, or the one that would make you feel like you did the right thing, no matter the persons feelings?

- HedCold - 05-11-2006

Danked Wrote:Just tell joobies there is no hope for you two and pass on my number on to her.
i hope you can put up with constant throat scratching better than i can

- Keyser Soze - 05-11-2006

honesty is always the best policy

- Goatweed - 05-11-2006

false hope is worse because at some point it'll come out & whoever recieved said false hope will probably feel a lot worse than the one who got told upfront that there's simply no hope at all.

- HedCold - 05-11-2006

Goatweed Wrote:false hope is worse because at some point it'll come out & whoever recieved said false hope will probably feel a lot worse than the one who got told upfront that there's simply no hope at all.

how much of this is to cover your ass, and how much is because you're concerned about the persons feelings eventually being hurt?

- Goatweed - 05-11-2006

HedCold Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:false hope is worse because at some point it'll come out & whoever recieved said false hope will probably feel a lot worse than the one who got told upfront that there's simply no hope at all.

how much of this is to cover your ass, and how much is because you're concerned about the persons feelings eventually being hurt?

I guess 50/50. I wouldn't want to have to feed someone bullshit to protect their feelings because if that were me I'd want to know the facts at that time, not down the line.

- GonzoStyle - 05-11-2006

False hope is worse, by far. Not just hope period but if there is no chance, I would rather just know right away, instead of wasting time, energy and that small hope. It's not even on a personal level, also business. The main thing I always told people in the mortgage business was, the greatest lesson you could ever learn was; when to kill a deal. The ame obviously goes for relationships, too many people I know just stick through it because of the small hope that maybe it will work out. Once you get that feeling that somethings amiss, start backing out.

But as far as giving someone false hope, thats just about one of the worst things anybody can do to someone.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 05-11-2006

I agree with Gonzo and Goat. I'd rather know the facts and that's why I usually try and give the facts. I'm blunt as hell sometimes and I think that makes it hard on the person at first but then they can accept it whereas stringing along a false hope can eventually hurt them more in the end.

- Goatweed - 05-11-2006

good to hear - in that case, you'll never ever ever ever be a mod.

- Keyser Soze - 05-11-2006

there have been far worse people moderating.

bluntsoze

- IrishAlkey - 05-11-2006

Just tell her it's never getting hard again.

that'd involve them talking and shit

- Luna - 05-12-2006

the worst would be to give someone false hope... a stable person would be able to deal with the fact that there is no hope, accept it, regroup and move on.

- Mad - 05-12-2006

HedCold Wrote:
Danked Wrote:Just tell joobies there is no hope for you two and pass on my number on to her.
i hope you can put up with constant throat scratching better than i can

Does it sound like a grunting a pig?

- HedCold - 05-12-2006

oooo i used to compare it sorta like a duck quack but not, but yes a grunting pig is a solid description

- GonzoStyle - 05-12-2006

you're fucking felix unger