CDIH
XBox 360, PS3, and the Wii - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: XBox 360, PS3, and the Wii (/showthread.php?tid=11842)

XBox 360, PS3, and the Wii - Danked - 05-16-2006

So I was watching all the E3 coverage and I must say I'm pretty disappointed with the impending future of console gaming. From the outrageous price of the PS3 to what sounds like a very limiting and frustrating control system for the Wii, I can say with confidence that there's nothing that makes me want to run out and preorder yet.

Sony is out of their minds. Sure there are people that will pay $600 pretax for the PS3, but there will be a lot less early adopters then they would have had they set their price for their competitive market. The big point that people are making is that you could potentially purchase a 360 and a Wii for the price of a PS3. Free online play is a bonus, but who knows how solid a service they'll offer gratis.

The Wii worries me with their wacky controller. For their sake, I hope they offer the choice in game to use their motion sensitive controller or a controller from my old Gamecube. From the footage I've seen, the demos that used it were simplistic and dull (golf and tennis) and I haven't really heard how well a more demanding game like Zelda or Mario handles with such limiting controls. Plus, we'll all look damn silly playing it. I should know, I play WarioWare on my Gameboy Advance already.

I know nothing about the 360 as I don't think I've ever even tried a demo model in a store. For you people that own it, was a new console so necessary so soon after the release of the original XBox?

- Goatweed - 05-16-2006

I'm willing to give Nintendo a try, it could be fun but yea it looks like a major pain in the ass.

Sony is insane, they think loyalty goes real far but $600 is way crazy. Not to mention games...

The 360 looks likt it has potential, and if Sony does come out at those prices, MS would be wise to drop the 360 by $50 to $100 just in time for the holidays - they'll make a killing. They already said "why buy a PS3 when you can buy a 360 and a Wii for the same price?"

the (brief) Halo 3 trailer gave me chills.

- HedCold - 05-16-2006

if the nintendo came out for the reported $250 i'd probably pick one up, it looks pretty cool. and i did see pictures of a "regular" type of controller on display. they would have to for the old school games they'll be selling on their online network

nothing about the xbox360 or ps3 excites me. my psp settles my desire for sports games for now, and thats really all i play

- QuickStop - 05-16-2006

the 360 is something i own only because of xbox live. its a great service. there are some great games like oblivion, call of duty 2, ghost recon, and a few others, but xbox live really makes the system.

- GonzoStyle - 05-16-2006

Goatweed Wrote:I'm willing to give Nintendo a try, it could be fun but yea it looks like a major pain in the ass.

Sony is insane, they think loyalty goes real far but $600 is way crazy. Not to mention games...

The 360 looks likt it has potential, and if Sony does come out at those prices, MS would be wise to drop the 360 by $50 to $100 just in time for the holidays - they'll make a killing. They already said "why buy a PS3 when you can buy a 360 and a Wii for the same price?"

I would simply like to point out that posting on myspace is for losers but a middle aged man hyped up about nintendo is not.

that's all.

- HedCold - 05-16-2006

you mean you don't get chills from video game trailers?

I get goosebumps.... they make trailers for video games?

- Goatweed - 05-16-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:I'm willing to give Nintendo a try, it could be fun but yea it looks like a major pain in the ass.

I would simply like to point out that posting on myspace is for losers but a middle aged man hyped up about nintendo is not.

that's all.

I'm not middle aged, ass.

I enjoy games and have for quite some time - I look forward to playing them alongside my son (as well at little league, etc.)

I spend a shitload of time online or at a PC or both so games go hand-in-hand.

Halo is really like playing in a movie - try it sometime.

I never said I was hyped up for Nintendo, I said I'll give it a try. I'm hyped up for Halo though, guilty as charged.

uh oh, the nerds are pissed, BRING OUT THE KEYTAR!!!

- Keyser Soze - 05-16-2006

HEY WHY DONT YOU GO TROLL FOR CHICKS ON MYSPACE LOSER!!!

That's your job.

- Gooch - 05-16-2006

booooya! he needs him an apple so the myspace sluts cream in their thongs.

they like that?

- Gooch - 05-16-2006

apple laptops and magnetic cords make them slide off a chair.

they slide as easy as the cord slides out of the wall when you trip on it, cause that often happens.

- Gooch - 05-16-2006

Laptop lassos will vanish.

i am so getting more myspace ass!!!

- Gooch - 05-16-2006

you'll be magnetic!

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!