CDIH
It's over - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: It's over (/showthread.php?tid=12002)

Pages: 1 2

It's over - diceisgod - 09-03-2006

I went to a party for a friend's daughter, his second child - 1st birthday. Anyway, this is the party where I realized that it was over although I have realized this for a while. It's just not the same anymore. All my firends have wives and children and I'm standing there and there are like 20 kids running wild around this place, toys laying about. I engage in a little chit chat with a couple of people but beyond that I find myself just kinda standing there by myself like a jerkoff by the bar. I realize to myself, I have nothing in common with these people anymore. We have nothing to say to each other. So I was there for about an hour or less and I just leave. I don't say a word, just walk out and I don't think anyone even noticed. So I now realize that a stage of my life has come to an end. It's not like I'm all broken up about it, we really never had much to say to each other when we weren't on our like 7-8th beer or more. And that's that. Cest la vie

- GonzoStyle - 09-03-2006

that was a sad story, I had a similar awakening when I heard gooch was engaged.

- diceisgod - 09-03-2006

it's a tear jerker

- GonzoStyle - 09-03-2006

we'll always have eachother!

- Mad - 09-03-2006

Go murder a hooker or two, that's what Joel would do.

- Goatweed - 09-03-2006

wait, Gooch got engaged??????

- Galt - 09-04-2006

I quit my job on Wednesday.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

I see new york is treating you well. What's that, five jobs in the past 2-3 years?

- GonzoStyle - 09-04-2006

oh man, you totally fucked him up there, boss.

- Galt - 09-04-2006

new job
no travel
9 hour days
40% pay raise

ok he got you there.

- HedCold - 09-04-2006

i was all excited and was like "me and galt can do unemployed things together!"
then i saw his other post. weak.

- Galt - 09-04-2006

Unemployment is fun. I went 8 months without working between 9/11/01 and May '02.

I have never been so relaxed in my life.

- Keyser Soze - 09-04-2006

the thing that sucks about unemployment is that all the people you want to hang out with have jobs.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

yeah ok opie

there is absolutely nothing that sucks about unemployment, besides the lack of funds. Anyone who says different is a lying guido who shows his cock on webcams and doesnt take the precaution of atleast covering his face up.

i'm not saying its a totally bad time, but its tough enjoying being unemployed when you're not able to enjoy it with anyone and you're tight on funds to spend enjoying it.

- Galt - 09-04-2006

I was living with a bunch of guys at the time. Half of them worked regular 9-5 jobs. Half of them were dirtball waiters or students.

So I'd hang out with two different groups of guys. One from about 5 PM until 10 or 11. Then the other group would come home around midnight and we'd shoot the shit and/or drink until 5 AM, and then I'd sleep until about 1. Wake up, go to the gym, get subway, listen to O&A, watch some illegal cable, surf the web, maybe play some video games. Then at around 5 or 6, I'd start all over again.

It was heaven.

those are perfect circumstances for unemployment.

i was happily employed when i lived with my 3 buddies. the only time i've been unemployed was for 4 months when i was living with a girlfriend 6 years back. the only redeeming factor at that time was suckering her into staying home sometimes and having sex with her all day long, otherwise it was pretty boring since i was living an hour south of where most of my friends were and they were all working day jobs. i pretty much did the same thing, slept in late, worked out and watched tv, but that gets boring real quick.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

I don't consider myself employed. My job couldnt be any better.