CDIH
crikey! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: crikey! (/showthread.php?tid=12004)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

crikey! - drusilla - 09-04-2006

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/">http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/</a><!-- m -->

‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin dies
Naturalist reportedly killed by stingray barb

SYDNEY, Australia - Steve Irwin, the quirky Australian naturalist who won worldwide acclaim, has died in a marine accident off Australia’s northeast coast, local media reported on Monday.

Queensland state government sources quoted by Australian Associated Press (AAP) said Irwin, 44, whose television show “The Crocodile Hunter” won international acclaim and popularized the phrase “Crikey”, was believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that pierced his chest.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred, the report said.

Sky Television also reported that Irwin had been stung by a sting ray.

Australian emergency officials could not immediately confirm the reports.

Irwin won a global following for his daredevil antics but also triggered outrage in 2004 by holding his then one-month-old baby while feeding a snapping crocodile at his Australian zoo.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated.

- drusilla - 09-04-2006

BREAKING NEWS
Updated: 3 minutes ago

BRISBANE, Australia - Steve Irwin, the Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the “Crocodile Hunter,” was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.

Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney’s The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of Brisbane.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

A helicopter carrying paramedics flew to the island, but he died from a stingray barb to the heart, ABC reported on its Web site.

Telephone calls to Australia Zoo, Irwin’s zoo in southern Queensland, were not immediately answered.

- GonzoStyle - 09-04-2006

thats fuckin ironic, itd be like your boobs killing you.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

i wanna see the tape

- Galt - 09-04-2006

"death by stingray" would have not made my top 50 gueses as to how he'd die.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

That would have been a mint deadpool pick. I can't believe noone had him. He's not half as obscure as some of the picks people made.

"death by stingray" woulda taken my original post in a whole new direction.

- Keyser Soze - 09-04-2006

they get pretty angry when you mess with their calzones.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2006

I thought the guy's act was kinda old but i enjoyed him. Damn shame.

the best part is the way he finally died, more so, who actually got him. Its basically like swimming with great whites every day. then you get bored and figure forget the shark cage, then you get bored and say screw the wet suit, screw it all and next thing you know you're butt naked and slapping a great white in the snout with your shriveled up cock and 10 pound balls, still nothing.

then what finally gets you is the pneumonia you caught from swimming in the buff too long.

- Keyser Soze - 09-04-2006

its the equivalent of elvis dying on the shitter.

that was just sad in a pathetic, you're a fuckin loser, way to die.

more like William Holden, thats the better example, a bottle of jack daniels and the edge of a night stand, what a fuckin awful ending.

or even more so, the best example is General Patton. The guy survives two world wars, is nick named old blood and guts, is the mack daddy general of all generals. Then just as the war is ending, he breaks his neck in a car accident, not even like a bravado head on collision, a fuckin bump in the road.

- The Jays - 09-05-2006

Stingray barb to the heart is pretty freak way to die, even for your average crocadile hunter/ wildlife encounterer. Sure, stingrays might hit you with the barb, but, to have the accuracy to get it right in the heart? It's like God reach out and said, "Ok, I told you once to stop fucking round with the animals."

- Mad - 09-05-2006

It's better then being attacked by a pack of wilding monkeys.

- Black Lazerus - 09-05-2006

what does this have to do with east Philly?

- Ronin - 09-05-2006

is that who attacked The Fresh Prince?

- Black Lazerus - 09-05-2006

STINGRAYS ON A BASKETBALL COURT!!!!

- GonzoStyle - 09-05-2006

YO HOLMES SMELL YA LATA!!!

- Rooner - 09-05-2006

Black Lazerus Wrote:what does this have to do with east Philly?

There is no East Philly dope.

- Ronin - 09-05-2006

OH NO!! there's no East Philly? what are we gonna do?