CDIH
Those who don't heed history - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Those who don't heed history (/showthread.php?tid=12189)

Pages: 1 2

Those who don't heed history - faceman802 - 10-30-2006

are doomed to repeat it

Quote:Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. are developing a new movie based on the popular videogame franchise "Street Fighter," says Variety. Screenwriter Justin Marks has been hired to adapt.

Hyde Park and Capcom -- Japanese publisher of "Street Fighter" -- will produce the film in a joint venture.

The movie will focus on the game's most popular female fighter, Chun-Li, but the exact storyline is being kept under wraps.

In 1994, Universal released a Street Fighter movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme that featured most of the characters from the game.

Hyde Park and Capcom's film is targeted to be released in 2008, the 20th anniversary of the game franchise.

Marks just completed writing Voltran for producer Mark Gordon

A street fighter movie and a voltron movie to boot? Why am I thinking this is going to be a bad idea?

- GonzoStyle - 10-30-2006

Nothing will top Raul Julia as Bison.

- Goatweed - 10-30-2006

I used to love Voltron.

- Gooch - 10-30-2006

Battle of the Planets, FTW!

- GonzoStyle - 10-30-2006

Voltron was fuckin gay, thundercats the movie is where its at, they need to get crackin on that.

- Gooch - 10-30-2006

I loved StarBlazers, growing up, actually. More than any other show.

- Ronin - 10-30-2006

Wait, is the Voltron movie with the cars or the lions?

- HedCold - 10-30-2006

voltron had the lions that come together to make the big voltron
transformers is with the cars

- Ronin - 10-30-2006

no, there was a Voltron with cars.

- Keyser Soze - 10-31-2006

dorks

- HedCold - 10-31-2006

Ronin Wrote:no, there was a Voltron with cars.
wow i had no idea.
seems lame though

- Goatweed - 10-31-2006

Gooch Wrote:Battle of the Planets, FTW!

oh man, GREAT call! That's another show I used to love!

- The Jays - 10-31-2006

Oh, Jesus fucking Christ, can Capcom please stop with the Street Fighter shit? It was 14 years ago! Everytime I go to an arcade, I gotta see some new bastardization of Street Fighter... Street Fighter vs Muppets, Capcom vs Disney, Ryu vs Cobra Commander... enough already!

- GonzoStyle - 10-31-2006

Street Fighter 2 is by far the greatest arcade game ever invented.

- faceman802 - 10-31-2006

I spent more money on gauntlet than any other game I think

- GonzoStyle - 10-31-2006

We would have actual street fights over the game, it has been insanely popular for such a long time.

But the various versions has bastardized the originals, kinda like how the 87 versions of star trek have ruined the original.

- The Jays - 11-01-2006

Street Fighter peaked at Alpha 3/ Marvel vs Capcom. Street Fighter is one of the greatest video games of all time, and the greatest arcade game, no doubt. The endless versions of the game, however, begin to wear down on its greatness.

Top arcade games all time, Street Fighter, Pac-Man, After Burner, The Simpsons, and Rampage.

- Keyser Soze - 11-01-2006

Burger Time

- Arpikarhu - 11-01-2006

tempest

- diceisgod - 11-01-2006

punchout