CDIH
Can I cry over Curtis Martin in here? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can I cry over Curtis Martin in here? (/showthread.php?tid=12204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Can I cry over Curtis Martin in here? - Abster - 11-02-2006

While I respect his decision or at least the way he's leaning, I think it sucks that he won't be back on the field. Here's to the most underrated running back in the NFL. I'm hoping with his work ethic and love of the game we'll see him back as a coach and definitely will see him in Canton.

- HedCold - 11-02-2006

he should get out while he can still walk

- GonzoStyle - 11-02-2006

I don't think he is underrated, he's 4th on the rushing list.

- Abster - 11-02-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:I don't think he is underrated, he's 4th on the rushing list.

I think because he's such a humble guy and such a team player he doesn't always get the attention or recognition he deserves. Come on, in the market he's in and the type of player he is his name should be all over the place.

- faceman802 - 11-02-2006

He's no tiki in the charisma department

- Abster - 11-02-2006

No, Tiki beats him in charisma but he's a player of equal stature. Yet, Tiki gets all the media attention.

- faceman802 - 11-02-2006

cause tiki knows hot to work it

- Abster - 11-02-2006

Exactly, and Curtis just isn't that way

- Galt - 11-02-2006

Tiki wasn't banging Toni Braxton in her heyday though.

- diceisgod - 11-03-2006

nigger

- GonzoStyle - 11-03-2006

DIG is making me wet again, he is officially my idol once again.

- Ronin - 11-03-2006

tiki > martin

martin isn't underrated.. he just hasn't played this year and no one is talking about him..

- Next Best Thing - 11-03-2006

Tiki is a more explosive player than Martin ever was. Anyone who get the Fatso Parcells seal of approval automatically becomes instantly overrated by NY talk radio, that's Curtis Martin for you. Martin was never as good as Joe Morris.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

WRONG! Martin isn't overrated at all. He is grossly underrated. 4th in the NFL and even when he was healthy he didn't get much recognition. His work ethic alone sets him apart from others.

Keep in mind, I'm not the world's biggest Tiki Barber fan, either. He is a great multi-purpose back but he's probably the foremost self-promoter in sports at the moment, every bit as fucked up in that respect as Terrell Owens except at the other end of the spectrum.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

I've met Tiki and he is a pretty down to earth guy. And before you ask, NO, I didn't fuck him.

- Ronin - 11-03-2006

Martin isn't overrated.. i agree with that.. but just don't see him as a HUGE running back that made an impact in the game..

Abster Wrote:I've met Tiki and he is a pretty down to earth guy. And before you ask, NO, I didn't fuck him.

I am relieved to hear that you don't practice beastiality, or if you do, you don't brag about it.

Don't you find him to be annoyingly self-absorbed? I don't give a shit if he gets carted off the field a fucking quadriplegic after his last play as a Giant as long as he keeps the sticks moving. Fuck his future, that does zero for Giant fans.

The most underrated NY football superstar in the last 3 decades was/is Phil Simms.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

As a long suffering Jet fan, he definitely has made an impact.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Next Best Thing Wrote:
Abster Wrote:I've met Tiki and he is a pretty down to earth guy. And before you ask, NO, I didn't fuck him.

I am relieved to hear that you don't practice beastiality, or if you do, you don't brag about it.

Don't you find him to be annoyingly self-absorbed? I don't give a shit if he gets carted off the field a fucking quadriplegic after his last play as a Giant as long as he keeps the sticks moving. Fuck his future, that does zero for Giant fans.

The most underrated NY football superstar in the last 3 decades was/is Phil Simms.

I really don't find Tiki or Ronde to be self absorbed. The few times I met them were at charitble events so maybe they were feigning humility.

Phil is definitely underrated.