CDIH
Can I cry over Curtis Martin in here? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can I cry over Curtis Martin in here? (/showthread.php?tid=12204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Next Best Thing - 11-03-2006

Abster Wrote:As a long suffering Jet fan, he definitely has made an impact.

Martin? He's an excellent player, they're going to miss him, but finding an adequate replacement for a RB is usually the least difficult thing to do in the NFL. If I were a Jet fan I'd worry more about Dwayne Robertson, what a fucking bust. I can't believe they moved up to draft that piece of shit, he's about half the player Barry Cofield is.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Why can I still see your avatar?

Abster Wrote:Why can I still see your avatar?

I never took it down. Do you want me to?

- Abster - 11-03-2006

No, I thought Luna wasn't hosting it anymore so it would be gone. Knowing how technically challenged you are and all.

I'm talking about the media blitz Tiki always seems to encourage. Blowing the retirement talk out of proportion before a Monday Night game against Dallas sends up all kinds of red flags.

QBs in cold weather cities are always at an extreme disadvantage numbers wise. Phil Simms had 3 times the career Joe namath did.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Next Best Thing Wrote:I'm talking about the media blitz Tiki always seems to encourage. Blowing the retirement talk out of proportion before a Monday Night game against Dallas sends up all kinds of red flags.

QBs in cold weather cities are always at an extreme disadvantage numbers wise. Phil Simms had 3 times the career Joe namath did.

And Namath's city was warmer than Simms? I think not.

- GonzoStyle - 11-03-2006

Abster is making me hot with her sporting knowlege

Abster Wrote:
Next Best Thing Wrote:I'm talking about the media blitz Tiki always seems to encourage. Blowing the retirement talk out of proportion before a Monday Night game against Dallas sends up all kinds of red flags.

It was actually windier & more fucked up, but Phil was a way more consistent performer & played better in the big game. Simms out-dueled Joe Montana more often than not in the big game, actually.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Next Best Thing Wrote:
Abster Wrote:

It was actually windier & more fucked up, but Phil was a way more consistent performer & played better in the big game. Simms out-dueled Joe Montana more often than not in the big game, actually.

How do you account for Elway?

Abster Wrote:
Next Best Thing Wrote:
Abster Wrote:

How do you account for Elway?

I think Elway was an outstanding athlete who was overrated as a QB and who never would have won a Super Bowl in New York.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Elaborate please.

Abster Wrote:Elaborate please.

He was sloppy. Elay couldn't carry a team to a championship by himself or without superior tools, like Terrel Davis became after a couple of years. Those super bowl teams were davis' not Elways, and before he had superior talent around him he was a guy who made too many big mistakes to carry his team all the way, he had no concept of game management. Most of the SBs the Broncos played in were either because Cleveland gagged or because the AFC in general was a shitty conference.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Okay, then explain Marino. He had all the tools in place. Warm climate, Clayton, Duper and never made it to the big game.

Abster Wrote:Okay, then explain Marino. He had all the tools in place. Warm climate, Clayton, Duper and never made it to the big game.

He made it once, he just didn't win.

Even great passers like Peyton Manning, Dan Fouts, and Marino can't play defense. It may also have something to do with these guys throwing the ball so well that their offenses become unbalanced.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Okay, because you didn't attribute any of Denver's success to their defense.

Abster Wrote:Okay, because you didn't attribute any of Denver's success to their defense.

Depends which Denver team you're talking about.

- Abster - 11-03-2006

The 1990's Denver. It wasn't all Elway and Davis.

Abster Wrote:The 1990's Denver. It wasn't all Elway and Davis.

Elway played a couple of SBs in the 80's, too, and he looked like a fucking idiot bumbling around out there. Those teams has reasonably representative defenses, by AFC standards, too.

Green Bay moved up & down the field in Denver's first Super Bowl win, and in the second one, they played the fucking Atlanta Falcons.

- Keyser Soze - 11-03-2006

abster is totally joining our fantasy football league next year

- Abster - 11-03-2006

Totally. Girls are allowed?