CDIH
I forgot how great Howard Stern was - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I forgot how great Howard Stern was (/showthread.php?tid=12280)

Pages: 1 2 3

- funsnapsdyno - 11-14-2006

shut it !

to get back on topic, I'm going to start listening to Stern online

- GonzoStyle - 11-14-2006

I'm not as much a hater, I like morrison and like some of their songs and I think he was a good singer and a great entertainer.

But he was not a genius or a poet, those phrases are as overused as "soldier" and "war" is in sports, especially when we're actually at war.

I love the beatles and think they are the greatest thing musically since beethoven but i would never call them poets.

Seriously, you don't know much about Morrison so you're just saying what you think you know.

He wanted to be remembered for his poetry. That's who he was..

The Beatles argument doesn't work because they were entertainers first and foremost.

- Galt - 11-14-2006

Morrison was a poet. Not in the, ultimate compliment type of way, but that he wrote rambling, indirect, incoherrent stories that rhymed.

If you look at the lyrics, they certainly read like poems. Just because he recited the poems while people were playing music behind him doesn't preclude him from being a poet.

That said, he/they stink and are annoying.

O&A were great before they got desperate for ratings and expansion that they became fake, obsessed with contest, and pretended that ugly girls were gorgeous.

Jesus, stop with the "you don't get it" schtick, i know more about morrison than you think, I have read several biographies, I have listened to all their albums and have watched countless bio pieces on them, I fuckin get it.

Manson wanted to be remembered as a revolutionary, so "wanting to be remembered as a poet" doesnt make him a poet. His poetry book was a fuckin joke when it came out and it still is.

and if we're throwing around the genius phrase, the beatles deserve it much more than Morrison.

To each their own then !

- Goatweed - 11-14-2006

Jim Morrison = a dead junkie

I would seriously suggest reading some real poetry, maybe then you'll "get it".

Galt Wrote:Morrison was a poet. Not in the, ultimate compliment type of way, but that he wrote rambling, indirect, incoherrent stories that rhymed.

If you look at the lyrics, they certainly read like poems. Just because he recited the poems while people were playing music behind him doesn't preclude him from being a poet.

That said, he/they stink and are annoying.

O&A were great before they got desperate for ratings and expansion that they became fake, obsessed with contest, and pretended that ugly girls were gorgeous.

I agree with the O&A part.

O & A were all over China Doll this morning.. I think that Jim Norton guy likes his girls to be manly.

Jim Norton or pretty much any comic for that matter should not be on a radio show every single day. Unless they have something of interest to say, instead of being in character all the time.

Like even Brian Regan who is funny, would get old very fast if he just did his schtick day in and day out. Norton has reverted to just yelling a lot and schtick.

That is why I like patrice, he's not a character and doesnt try to be funny, he just has great stories and is funny naturally.

- BirdyP - 11-14-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:he yelled, that was it.

I really thought I was the only person who felt this way about him.

- Keyser Soze - 11-14-2006

stern roolz!

- BirdyP - 11-14-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:stern roolz!

Quoted for Truth

The Jackie Roast was amazing

BirdyP Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:he yelled, that was it.

I really thought I was the only person who felt this way about him.

you have a sense of humor and are funny, so that proves my theory that people who are actually funny love borat and know what real comedy is.

- diceisgod - 11-15-2006

Gilbert Godfried was the best Stern regular ever. The best time was when Gilbert hung out during the news and they just started to do the bit where they would play Jackie's laugh when Robin would tell some horrible news story. Well Robin told about some nigger that raped his 4 year old daughter and then Fred played the laugh...dead quiet.... and then Gilbert started busting up for like an hour straight along with everyone else. He was on fire too during the whole news segment, dynamite drop-in's the entire time. It was amazing and the best show ever from what I remember from the golden age of Stern. I'd kill to know what date that show aired and get it downloaded. Unfortunately for purposes of distinguishing that specific show, Gilbert hung out for the news a lot and I'm pretty sure that particular show was the reason for that trend.

- BirdyP - 11-15-2006

Reading DIG's post reminded me of alot of Gilbert news shit. God damn that was funny. I miss the days of Howard mornings and GOOD Opie and Anthony afternoons.

But, all they tell me is how great they are now and how Howard sucks, so if they say its better now, then.....

(DIG rulez)

- Galt - 11-15-2006

diceisgod Wrote:Gilbert Godfried was the best Stern regular ever. The best time was when Gilbert hung out during the news and they just started to do the bit where they would play Jackie's laugh when Robin would tell some horrible news story. Well Robin told about some nigger that raped his 4 year old daughter and then Fred played the laugh...dead quiet.... and then Gilbert started busting up for like an hour straight along with everyone else. He was on fire too during the whole news segment, dynamite drop-in's the entire time. It was amazing and the best show ever from what I remember from the golden age of Stern. I'd kill to know what date that show aired and get it downloaded. Unfortunately for purposes of distinguishing that specific show, Gilbert hung out for the news a lot and I'm pretty sure that particular show was the reason for that trend.

You can google marksfriggin.com to past archives. It's pretty good.

Gotfried beats jokes into the ground like no other. Dracula especially.

- diceisgod - 11-15-2006

A great guest was Seabstian Bach, his first appearance (I imagine he's probably been on there at least a few more times since). He was a total maniac and hysterical. He did what he called a "Stupid Human Trick" where he took his cock and tied it in a knot around the leg of his chair.

- diceisgod - 11-27-2006

Great interview from '91 with Tom Snyder. Four parts, I highly recommend. It's almost as good as the Snyder-Manson interview from like around '80 or '81.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhZkmjQdjbg
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnpR0PG7MQM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pmB7fY7a6o
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZtWBZKp_yU