CDIH
Why I hate fantasy football - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Why I hate fantasy football (/showthread.php?tid=12313)

Why I hate fantasy football - Bloody Anus - 11-21-2006

[Image: 11.jpg]

This coming after losing by.47 points last week, only to end up winning thanks to a stat correction on Wednesday.
I also just traded Roy Williams to get Jones, and played against McNabb's -.05 points this week (and obviously lost)

- Keyser Soze - 11-21-2006

colston killed me this week as well.

mc nabbs scoring correction knocked someone in my league out of playoff contention, he's got a bigger beef than you.

- Ronin - 11-21-2006

what are you holding on to Huard and Dante Hall?

- The Prodigal Son - 11-22-2006

Are you still in the playoff hunt?

- diceisgod - 11-22-2006

Wow! That's the worst team I've ever seen. Tell me it's like a 20 man league or something. Minimum 16-18? Automated draft? Each and every pick you made (if you did), an atrocity.

- diceisgod - 11-22-2006

except Deuce. First pick?

- Galt - 11-22-2006

cmon. in a PPR league? Lamont Jordan wasn't a bad pick.

Getting Duece, Jordan and Jones in the first three rounds isn't bad. Then maybe Fitzgerald at 4 is good. Bennet 5th, might have been a bit of a reach (or Green) depending on how many teams.

- GonzoStyle - 11-22-2006

How do you keep henry on the bench against philly, crazy man.

- Bloody Anus - 11-22-2006

It's really not THAT bad a team, trust me I've had much much worse.

It's a 14-team league which as you can see uses 2 extra util spots too.
I had the 12th pick and took Jordan first, Fitzgerald 2nd, Deuce 3rd, Roy Williams 4th (traded last week for Jones since my 1st-round RB was once again a waste), Green 5th. Bennett 7th, LJ Smith 8th, Hall 12th. Everyone else is from waivers except my kicker Kasay.

- Bloody Anus - 11-22-2006

And I thought Thomas vs. Houston was a better matchup than Henry vs. Philly. I expected an Eagles blowout and that Tennessee would abandon the run early. Of course, JP Losman throwing like a maniac didn't help much either.

- Bloody Anus - 11-30-2006

I picked up Terrance Copper Sunday at 9:59 when I realized Colston was out and started him instead of Parker. I ended up winning by 1.52 points thanks to that hail mary and the fact that I was going against Jerramy Stevens and his awesome Seahawk hands. Now I am 6-6 (though with the fewest points in the league) and my playoff life likely will come down to:

Alex Smith at New Orleans
or
Trent Green at Cleveland

I have absolutely no idea who to start.

- HedCold - 11-30-2006

i made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, and i actually have the lowest points in my division. huzzah!

to get to the championship game i have to beat the top 2 teams in the league who are also in my division. they have larry johnson and ldt of course.

this week doesn't mean anything, only whether or not i finish over 500

- Ronin - 12-01-2006

this is do or die week for me. if i win, i'm in.

- Keyser Soze - 12-01-2006

do i start galloway or santana moss this week?

galloway is playing my pitt defense, so im leaning to moss.

i've got devry henderson to start in place of colston and horn as my WR2.

if i win, im in the playoffs.

- faceman802 - 12-04-2006

touch me for luck. I finally put reggie bush in my starting lineup for the first time in a couple of weeks and he scores 4 touchdowns. him along with the bears d/st and L.T. and I'm up 55 in my game with whatever hasselback gives me in the 2nd half, which doesn't look like much.

- Keyser Soze - 12-04-2006

gruden has tampa bay go for a field goal despite being down 20-0 with 8 seconds left, taking away a shutout from my pittsburg defense, and 8 pts, virtually ensuring my loss this week.

this is why i hate fantasy football.

- faceman802 - 12-04-2006

gruden is a dick

- Bloody Anus - 12-04-2006

Obviously I started Smith (4.28 ) instead of Green (27.43) and am down 40 instead of 17 with LJ Smith and Kasay going tonight.

The only way I'd be able to make the playoffs if I lost this week is as the final (8th) seed, but I need 4 other teams to also lose. 3 already have lost, so the only team left that I need to lose is down 7.5 points and has Carolina's defense vs. DeShaun Foster. The team with Foster also has Pittsburgh's defense so he (and ultimately I) lost 10 points on that FG.