CDIH
Lord of the rings aint ova!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Lord of the rings aint ova!!! (/showthread.php?tid=12327)

Pages: 1 2

Lord of the rings aint ova!!! - GonzoStyle - 11-24-2006

Quote:Ian McKellen -- "Gandalf" in the Lord of the Rings trilogy -- expressed disappointment Wednesday over the news that New Line had apparently decided to make The Hobbit and another Rings prequel without Peter Jackson, who directed the original three movies. "I'm very sad as I should have relished revisiting middle Earth with Peter again as team-leader. It's hard to imagine any other director matching his achievement in Tolkien country," McKellen wrote on his website. Meanwhile, the Lord of the Rings fan site, theonering.net, has launched a petition campaign asking New Line to back down from its position on Jackson and urging fans of the movies to boycott The Hobbit if it is produced without the director.

after 17 endings you'd figure it was done with but here comes a prequel, undoubtably milking the ring films. But not having Jackson direct is just crazy, I wonder what the reasons are though, is it him not wanting to? cause it sounds like new line is the party that isnt interested in him, not vice versa.

- faceman802 - 11-24-2006

Quote:Peter Jackson, the director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, won't be directing two upcoming films based on The Hobbit.

Jackson released a statement this morning to TheOneRing.net stating that MGM and New Line plan to make the prequels without involving the team that made the original trilogy films.

One of the sore spots seems to be that Jackson's production company, Wingnut Films, is currently involved in a lawsuit against New Line over money from The Fellowship of the Ring. New Line wanted to make a deal with Jackson to bring him aboard for The Hobbit and work in a settlement of the lawsuit. Jackson and his partners didn't want to do that.

Jackson stated that he had already started thinking of ideas for The Hobbit, but that he doesn't agree with New Line's decision to make the films based on financial convenience rather than from heart.

that essplains it

- GonzoStyle - 11-24-2006

fuckin lamers

- drusilla - 11-24-2006

just kill me now, it would be the same as making me watch any thing that has to do with lotr ever again.

- faceman802 - 11-24-2006

I think kevin smith summed it up pretty good in clerks 2

while I agree that star wars is THE trilogy, I really loved LoTR.

- Goatweed - 11-24-2006

the fans are really gonna drill this into the ground, New Line really fucked this up.

- The Prodigal Son - 11-24-2006

This just blows.

- TheGMANN - 11-24-2006

If the Hobbit was the prequel to the LoTR books......whats the other movie gonna be about ??

- diceisgod - 11-24-2006

They are going to make the hobbit a two part movie maybe? Guessing here. But it sounds like they are going on the cheap instead of having an all out CGI extravaganza like the LOTR trilogy and that would be a shame.

- Ronin - 11-24-2006

so are you saying the big dragon will be a puppet, rather than CGIed?

- Arpikarhu - 11-24-2006

is this really the burning drama that you all seem to think it is? its a fucking movie, fer christs sake!

- Galt - 11-24-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:while I agree that star wars is THE trilogy, I really loved LoTR.

Indiana Jones is THE trilogy

Galt Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:while I agree that star wars is THE trilogy, I really loved LoTR.

Indiana Jones is THE trilogy

no, because temple of doom brings down raiders and last crusade.

- Goatweed - 11-24-2006

NO TIME FOR LUV, DR. GONZO!!!

- Goatweed - 11-25-2006

Quote: From IMDB

As Lord of the Rings fans mounted a protest following word that New Line had dropped Peter Jackson from consideration as director of The Hobbit and another Lord of the Rings prequel, producer Saul Zaentz has given assurances that Jackson will indeed direct the two films. A German website, Elbenwald.de, posted an interview with Zaentz, who acquired the rights to the works of the late Rings writer, J.R.R. Tolkien, in 1976 (the Saul Zaentz Company owns Tolkien Enterprises), in which Zaentz says, "It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. ... Next year The Hobbit rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the Rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us, in contrast, he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation." (The preceding quotation is a translation that appeared on TheHobbit-Movie.com from the German interview posted on Elbenwald.de.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30806

- GonzoStyle - 11-25-2006

Goatweed Wrote:NO TIME FOR LUV, DR. GONZO!!!

god damn, goat made me laugh, today is a magical day.

- Goatweed - 11-25-2006

<3

- GonzoStyle - 11-25-2006

short round really is the only saving grace in temple of doom.

The movie was good but just in comparison, it was bleh on many levels. Just the plot point in general, those stupid gems, so lame. Like you have an awesome film about the ark of the covenant and the other about the holy grail, which just make for fascinating plot points cause these two items are so coveted in history.

It might be the history buff in me but to sandwich those lame gems in between, really ruined it for me.

- Goatweed - 11-25-2006

plus the bad guy sucked - Mola Rom was lame as hell & presented nothing more than an ominous prescence. Ooh, I rip hearts out with my hands & the kids are my slaves - YEA!!!!!

Kate Capshaw looked decent in the movie, too. Aykroy'd cameo & the whole opening scene keeps the movie respectable, but like you said - the main story sucked overall.