CDIH
shrooms! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Stoner Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: shrooms! (/showthread.php?tid=12342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Keyser Soze - 12-07-2006

LSD is almost entirely metabolized within a day after ingestion. Since the half-life of LSD is only a few hours, only a very small amount of LSD remains even at the end of the trip, and this is excreted in the urine. All traces are undetectable after several days and are certainly gone entirely within a couple of weeks. As detection technology improves and thresholds drop (it is now possible to detect picograms reliably), the time that incredibly small amounts of it could be detected will extend.

It has long been reported that LSD is fully metabolized almost immediately after ingestion. This was based on research done in the 50's and 60s which used instruments not sensitive enough to detect the extremely small amounts of the chemical.

Occasionally, people claim that LSD has been found in spinal fluid years after the last time LSD was taken. There is no support for this claim. If anyone knows of a research article that has looked at spinal fluid of LSD users for LSD, please let us know.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth1.shtml">http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth1.shtml</a><!-- m -->

- HedCold - 12-07-2006

alrighty then, guess not

- QuickStop - 12-08-2006

yeah i would have copy pasted that if i were here

- Galt - 12-08-2006

faggots and wome don't wahtn o tdo shroosm. I I'md high righ tnown, and I'm only dong the keoard from right now. I assume that the normall peple dan't read it. Ha ha ha ha niggers

- Paper Boy - 12-08-2006

i did shrooms twice, years ago. i don't think i cared for them.

- GonzoStyle - 12-08-2006

I had a great ostrich meat wrap, galt was right, ostrich > bison!

It had roasted onions and peppers with mushrooms!!!

- Mad - 12-08-2006

Where did you get the ostrich meat?

Had a shredded ostrich sandwich and it was great.

- GonzoStyle - 12-08-2006

I got it at the joint across the street from the gym, they have all kinds of stuff. I used to get fresh juice from them but then figured to give their wraps a try and they were awesome. So I get them like twice a week.

This was like ground ostrich, with peppers, onions, mushrooms and brown rice, in a whole wheat wrap.

- Mad - 12-08-2006

Who knew those nasty looking birds tasted so good.

- faceman802 - 12-08-2006

yeah, ostrich...right!!!!!!!!
Quote:NEW YORK - When a food safety inspector walked into a market in Queens, he noticed the store had an interesting special posted on its front window: 12 beefy armadillos. In Brooklyn, inspectors found 15 pounds of iguana meat at a West Indian market and 200 pounds of cow lungs for sale at another market. At a West African grocery in Manhattan, the store was selling smoked rodent meat from a refrigerated display case. An inspector quickly seized a couple pounds of it.

All of it was headed for the dinner table. All of it was also illegal.

Authorities say the discoveries are part of a larger trend in which markets across New York are buying meat and other foods from unregulated sources and selling them to an immigrant population accustomed to more exotic fare.

State regulators have responded by stepping up enforcement, confiscating 65 percent more food through September than they did in all of 2005.

The seizures also cast a spotlight on the eating habits of this ethnically diverse city, where everything from turtles and fish paste to frogs and duck feet make their way onto people's plates.

"At one time or another, we've probably seen about everything," said Joseph Corby, director of the state's Division of Food Safety and Inspection.

In an attempt to stamp out the activity, Corby's agency has ramped up efforts, working with the Food and Drug Administration, to prevent this illicit food from reaching store shelves.

Instead of just hitting the retailers, Corby said, his inspectors are also targeting warehouses that receive imported products - Russian, Asian and African - from where the food is distributed.

So far, it appears his campaign has been effective. In the first nine months of the year, inspectors across the state seized 1.6 million pounds of food, destroying about 81 percent of it. Last year, the state seized only 976,076 pounds of food.

Food taken by the Corby's inspectors lacked proper labeling or didn't come from a government-licensed or inspected source. Other food was destroyed because of the way it was processed or prepared, like chicken smoked in the home and placed on sale.

Such food can spread nasty bacteria like salmonella or botulism.

The rules vary from animal to animal.

Bush meat, or anything killed in the wild, is typically illegal, Corby said. Eating endangered or threatened species like as gorilla and chimpanzee - whose meat is occasionally found in New York - is against the law.

But turtles, frogs, iguana and armadillos can be eaten under one condition: The meat must come from a licensed and inspected facility. "We have yet to find too many of these places," Corby said.

In a city filled with clusters of people hailing from all over the world, these rules can get lost in translation.

The problem is particularly acute in the ethnic neighborhoods of New York City, where newly arrived and enterprising immigrants open up food shops, stocking their shelves with savory favorites relished in their native lands.

State sanitary inspection reports dating back to 2001 reveal a widespread appetite for this potentially dangerous food.

On a bustling stretch of Manhattan's Chinatown, Bor Kee Food Market has been caught selling unidentified red meat and mysterious fish paste, which is used in Asian recipes.

Down the street at Dahing Seafood Market, inspectors have found frogs being sold from an unapproved source. And next door, authorities spotted crates of turtles and a large tub of bullfrogs being sold without proper invoices.

Inside Kam Lun Food Products in Queens, inspectors discovered questionable turtles and frogs and a clue: "Label on animal boxes states China Air Cargo," the inspector wrote in his report.

"That's a no-no because there is absolutely no monitoring of the standards in these places," said Dr. Philip Tierno, author of "The Secret Life of Germs: Observations and Lessons from a Microbe Hunter," and director of clinical microbiology at New York University Medical Center. "It's subject to the vagaries of whoever is processing the food. Who's watching?"

Singed chicken was also common in these ethnic enclaves. This is chicken that has been singed with fire to remove any excess feathers or stems from a bird. Singed chicken is prohibited because it appears cooked.

At the West African Grocery - where "smoked rodent" was found - the owner failed to explain why he was selling the mysterious meat, saying he couldn't speak English.

But he could apparently read the sanitary inspection report and the word "rodent." "I don't know what that is," the owner said. "I don't sell that here."

A similar exchange played out at another market in Brooklyn called Chang Xiang Trading.

When confronted with reports showing the store has sold illegal pork, chicken and ducks, the manager, shrugged her shoulders. Her English was not good, she said.

Sung Soo Kim, president of Korean American Small Business Service Center of New York, says it's hard to change eating habits that are centuries-old.

Kim runs a state-approved food safety education program and has delivered seminars to the Korean community about food laws.

Corby says education is key - along with fines - in getting owners to pass inspections and stop buying and selling illegal food.

One way to get businesses to comply is ordering them to take a state-approved food inspection course that also teaches about cleanliness and cross-contamination.

"Immigrants coming from the Third World would not be schooled in the issues of cross contamination and would not intuitively know hygiene standards," said Dr. Pascal James Imperato, a former city health commissioner who spent six years in Africa with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "They don't know how simple contamination can result in a widespread epidemic."

But if all else fails, Corby will get a court injunction and shutter stores, something the state did 66 times in 2005 and 72 times through September of this year.

"We either clean them up or close them down," he said. "There is a high standard that is applied. We'd rather have it too high than too low."

Ruiad Nasher, who immigrated from Bangladesh in 1995, manages the Master Mini Market in Brooklyn. The market has been in business about two years.

State inspectors busted the market selling more than 50 pounds of chicken from an unapproved source this year. Nasher bought the chickens from a poultry market in Brooklyn, and said he didn't know he was violating state law.

"In Bangladesh, you didn't have all these rules," he said.

Nasher said he now only buys USDA-approved chicken, even shrugging off discounted offers from the Brooklyn chicken purveyor.

"Just for chicken, I don't want to lose my business," he said.

- Bloody Anus - 12-08-2006

I would gladly take some well concealed shrooms in lieu of well concealed cash.

My only drug experience other than marijuana (which doesn’t even count) came about a year and a half ago with ecstasy. I started drinking sometime in the early afternoon as usual. After 8 beers and a couple of bong hits I went over to my friend’s place and had another 4 beers. Then we went over to another friend to get the stuff and meet some other people. His house happens to be right across the street from Greg Maddux’s place out here. When we got there we couldn’t wait to use the bathroom so naturally we pissed on Maddux’s front yard. After another 6 beers there, we left to go to some bar, where I took the pill and had another few drinks.

The rest of the night is just a bunch of random flashes of memories. I know we ended up going to a couple of trendy gay ass fuckin $12 a drink clubs. At some point I was trying to smoke a cigarette but lit the wrong end and then tried to put the lit end in my mouth. Towards what must have been the end of the night/morning, they wouldn’t let me into a bar/club because I was holding a beer bottle sideways, spilling it all over myself and the ground. I have no idea where we were the whole night, but we must have bounced between 5-6 places or so. There are some pictures where I am passed out in front of a video poker machine with my shirt soaking wet. At either the first bar or the last one I remember playing video sports trivia and losing a few bucks very fast because they kept asking stupid horse racing/Olympic/golf questions. I remember there being some lanky black chick with glasses at a club, but not sure if she was with us or if anybody knew her or not. I know I was talking some serious shit to one of our friends, who is one of the laziest people I’ve ever known, but I don’t remember anything that I (or anybody else the whole night for that matter) actually said. I was told the next day I said something to the extent of how he’s worse than a nigger because at least he had fully evolved from a primate. And that even "that thing" (pointing to the black chick) has more work ethic than you do. I don’t know if any of it is actually true or not; it’s just what I’ve been told. After all these are the same friends that told me after I passed out at a strip club (on a separate night) that I woke up to a nigger giving me a lap dance that I somehow owed $60 for. I am positive it was just an ugly Asian.

All in all it was a very good night. From what I’ve been told we were out until 9 the next morning, so I must have had upwards of 30 beers, some weed, and ecstasy in my system. I have no idea how we got around town or how I got home either. I don’t even remember where I ended up passing out for good, where I woke up, or when I woke up. But whenever I woke up, it was brutal. I wasn’t even hung over, nor did I feel too fucked up overall. But holy fuck my teeth, jaw, entire mouth felt like I had been curbstomped. I remember grinding the fuck out of my teeth all night, and was completely conscious that I was doing it, but just could not stop myself. It took about 4 days for me to be able to fully bite down and touch my top molars to bottom. That was the only negative side effect I had, but it is enough for me to never do it again – though admittedly I probably would if the right situation presented itself. But if I did, I’d rather deal with a few days of pain than walk around town with a fucking pacifier in my mouth all night.

- Galt - 12-09-2006

I did X a couple times, and the hangover was just too bad.

I thought I was going to die the first time I did it. About 12 hours after I took it, I was having full body convulsions, sweating, and retching.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2006

i never had really bad hangovers from X, just feeling really tired the next day.

the problem is they cut it with all sorts of crap, so its possible it had something in it that got you sick.

- diceisgod - 12-09-2006

galt is officially a full fledged degenerate now

- Gooch - 12-09-2006

Galt Wrote:I did X a couple times, and the hangover was just too bad.

I thought I was going to die the first time I did it. About 12 hours after I took it, I was having full body convulsions, sweating, and retching.

you need 3 things....lots of orange juice and also take vitamins and melatonin right before you go to bed. Replenishes the lost vitamins and Seratonin in the brain. The seratonin is what it rips through.... which makes you a walking zombie when you return to work the next day to redig Bank of NY into a fiscal grave.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2006

apparently galts is not the only one on drugs over there (ok, its bank of america, but play along with me)...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qAuqq1LFnU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

- BirdyP - 12-09-2006

That shit is funny. People are so fucking weird no matter what their position in life.

- Goatweed - 12-09-2006

holy shit what the fuck!!

- Galt - 12-09-2006

That's old. And my sister works at BofA.

By the way, I just took some. Now I'm going to the movies.

I realized, however, that I've had these stored in a ziplock bag in my cuppard for two weeks now. Should I be putting them in the fridge? Are they going to become poison with mold and disease?

Ah, not sure. Too late now.

- Mad - 12-09-2006

Fucking junkie.