CDIH
Mellencamp - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Mellencamp (/showthread.php?tid=12362)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mellencamp - Bloody Anus - 11-30-2006

On an average non-Sunday I usually have the TV on for no more than an hour to an hour and a half. And yet every fucking day I am bombarded at least 3 times by this Chevy Mellenamp This is Our Cuntry annoying ass goddamn fucking cocklicking song. Usually commercials like this are targeted to certain channels or certain broadcasts/demographics. But this is literally on EVERY channel at ALL TIMES of the day. I haven't been officially keeping track, but I know I've seen it on ESPN, Comedy Central, Discovery, TNT, TBS, CNN, Animal Planet, SciFi, and of course ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX.. It's gotten to the point that whenever I hear it I just have to turn the TV off. And yet I STILL hear it 3 times a day.

While I'm eating breakfast watching the news or whatever else I flip to
While I'm eating dinner flipping around to whatever holds my interest
While I'm in bed watching the Daily Show/Colbert

I figured like most commercials of its kind it would peak during the World Series, but it's gotten even worse since. And the worst part is it gets stuck in my head sometimes. It's just completely intolerable. I can't recall another commercial that has been overplayed to nearly this extent.

- funsnapsdyno - 11-30-2006

I <3 Mellencamp.. I've been a long time fan.

The thing about that commercial is he was always outspoken about artists using their songs in commercials. He would criticize the ones that sold out. I saw him in concert once and he talked about that for a good 5 minutes on stage. And now he did that commerial!! WTF. Someone explain to me. I was trying to find out what he had to say about that but can't seem to find anything about his thoughts on why he did that commercial.

- Galt - 11-30-2006

I have yet to see this ad once in my life. And I probably watch TV for 1-2 hours a day.

Thank Science for Tivo

- HedCold - 11-30-2006

so then you don't watch sports

- Galt - 11-30-2006

I haven't watched more than 20 minutes of football this year since I'm not playing fantasy football.

- HedCold - 11-30-2006

i think every football commercial break includes this commercial

- Goatweed - 11-30-2006

theyre probably pushing it hard since American Car makers are desperate for sales...aren;t they having one of the worst years ever?

but yeah, DVR = 0 commercials.

- Bloody Anus - 11-30-2006

Yeah but if you're watching something live, or anything that's not recorded, you're still stuck. Especially during sports, unless you pause/rewind it and then catch up during commercials.

- Goatweed - 11-30-2006

or I change the channel for 2 minutes.

and end up changing it to this commercial.

- Goatweed - 11-30-2006

not if you change it to HBO or some other movie-channel.

- faceman802 - 11-30-2006

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-ZOtlQJnqI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

YouTube has everything

Yes, it's amazing how fast they get these hard to find clips!

funsnapsdyno Wrote:YouTube has everything

except the cure to cunt cancer

faceman802 Wrote:

you're all mean.. the whole lot of ya. I don't have that and if I did, would that be a laughing matter? no.

funsnapsdyno Wrote:
faceman802 Wrote:

you're all mean.. the whole lot of ya. I don't have that and if I did, would that be a laughing matter? no.

yuh huh

you're going to hell so dress accordingly

ill see you there

- GonzoStyle - 11-30-2006

I'm jewish, we don't believe in hell.