CDIH
My life - my house. - Come on pay attention to me!!!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: My life - my house. - Come on pay attention to me!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1237)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Sloatsburgh - 04-12-2002

Right now there are three major changes in my life. They all have a nice cummulative affect:

1) We are buying a house in Somers NY.
What this means to me: I am in a serious "cash-short" position. I am stressed out over cash, not knowing what to do or what comes next, living in an apartment full of boxes, not playing enough hockey, going out, or even buying nice warm lunches.
What this means to you: My postings are infrequent, my attitude sucks, I am actually going to closer to Sloatsburg and no longer from Southern CT. Also, since the post midnight train is a 2 hour ride, I doubt any of you will see me again.

2) Monday, my company is moving back to 1 WFC.
What this means to me: Well, eventually I think I am going to transfer to the NYC office because a 70 min train + 15 minute subway commute might be less stressful than a 50 minute drive.
What this means to you: Nothing. Go fuck yourself. It's not always about you.

3) My beer league hockey career is in doubt.
What this means to me: I want to leave my job, change careers and find a job in Westchester and I figured hockey would be a great way to meet white professionals in the region. Because of the commute times and the fact that money is going to be tight for awhile, I don't know if I will be playing hockey. I will get lethagic, gain 30 lbs., and probably hate life until I get a chance to play again.
What this means to you: I tried all my life not to become on of those people who just "work for the house" and now I will become him. I will be doing a job I hate and commuting 3 hours a day just so I can own a fucking shack in the woods. Don't get me wrong, I love living in the woods, I hate the congestion of NYC, but now I have to work there so I can salvage my career that I hate. And why? Because I married some fucking Guiney who has to see her fucking wet-back parents once a week and can't stand living more than an hour away from them. OMMFG, with the money we are paying for this house, we can get a place 4 times the size in, say Buffalo, Albany, ANYWHERE FUCKING ELSE. But no, we both have to fucking work so that we can afford this house. She wants to have kids. If we do, I will never see them, because I will have to work harder to get my pay up so that she can stop working. Then it will be longer hours on top of the commute. I will get home at 10, go to sleep, wake up at 5. No dinner, no games, no Message Board. Hockey? I wish. Sanity? I wish. Spontanious unexplained NYC act of violence like an air-conditioner slipping out of a window, stray bullet, man-hole cover flying up and hitting me in the head? I wish.

It's a really lovely house with plenty of projectsto keep me entertained for a lifetime of weekends. It lacks a recreation room for that rod/bubble-hockey game I always dreamed of, but it has a nice spot in the basement for a weight bench and a work bench. I really look forward to not using quarters to do laundry.

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

Doesn't this belong here?

Nah, I thought I could bring up a couple of topics, (usually I offer an item, but give the background to the item) but it just became a fucking rant. I think it belongs in the short bus.

Someone buy me a fucking beer, quick.

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

:toast:

Thanks, I needed that.

Do you know what I need now? I need a grill. In fact, I need Spit's grill. I'm going to be barbecuing, and I can't invite any of you fuckheads over if I can't grill some flesh.

Some one, please, go get me a big ass grill:

- Grumpy - 04-12-2002

Quote:Some one, please, go get me a big ass grill:

I'll see if Spit's available. Oh wait, you said Big Ass grill. I missed the grill part. my bad.

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

Hey Grumps, would it be possible for you to make a joke once in awhile that wasn't so fucking obvious?

- Arpikarhu - 04-12-2002

Quote:Hey Grumps, would it be possible for you to make a joke once in awhile that wasn't so fucking obvious?
no

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

You're probably right.

- Grumpy - 04-12-2002

:asshole:

- Ken'sPen - 04-12-2002

who didn't see that coming.

- Spitfire - 04-12-2002

damn, my ears were ringin'
We need a big bbq to feed all these people
[Image: qa_image3.jpg]

That fucking sucks, dude...I see myself in just about your position in a couple years or so: career change, figuring out where the fuck I (we) want to live, deciding is I want/have time for kids...so much to look forward to Rolleyes

- kindred - 04-12-2002

Just pray that this guy isn't your new neighbor.....Idiot Redneck Homeowner

And no worries, you'll be house poor your first year. After that it gets easier...

- Keyser Soze - 04-12-2002

Dude, you just described my worst nightmare. Thank god I chewed my leg off before I got caught in that bear trap.

Quote:great way to meet white professionals in the region

Try a Klan meeting.

- Sluggo - 04-12-2002

Dude...Welcome to the eternal Misery/Pleasure that is homeownership.

- Doc - 04-12-2002

Remind me never to get married

Ever

- Silera - 04-12-2002

Never get married ever.

- Doc - 04-12-2002

Remind me to have hot wild monkey porkchop butt sex with you

- Keyser Soze - 04-12-2002

Quote:Remind me to have hot wild monkey porkchop butt sex with you

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

STOP IT!! STOP replying to this thread. It's not about me!!! IT'S NOT ABOUT ME DAMMIT!!!!!