CDIH
NFL Network - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NFL Network (/showthread.php?tid=12433)

Pages: 1 2

NFL Network - Hoon - 12-18-2006

Has anyone seen this garbage pail idea?
It's the new satellite network that provides games for paying customers only. of which, they have none because people can get most games for free. So, the games you might want to watch are now unavailable for a massive section of football fans.
Now, they've refused to strike a deal with Time Warner Cable to let regional customers in New York and New Jersey see the Rutgers Bowl game in Houston.

Didn't they learn anything from satellite radio?
People won't pay for what they used to get for free.

- faceman802 - 12-18-2006

1. The NFL network is over 2 years old. You make it sound like it's just started.
2. over 4 million people subscribe to satellite radio which is more people than the population if a number of states in the us.
3. go to bar and watch the rutgers game. It's not like they are playing for the national championship or anything

ps. I even hear they are thinking of putting satellite radios in new cars....crazy huh?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-18-2006

i heard they are going to offer a free week preview of the NFL network to all the cable companies that dont carry it in the NYC area.

- Hybrid - 12-18-2006

everywhere i have lived in the past 2 years has provided the nfl network. pretty sweet.

- The Sleeper - 12-18-2006

HollywoodJewMoses Wrote:i heard they are going to offer a free week preview of the NFL network to all the cable companies that dont carry it in the NYC area.

they did but it was rebuffed by the cable companies

- BirdyP - 12-18-2006

Because they are not wanting to give ANYTHING away for free. I mean, I see that charging 90 bucks for soem good service must really keep them in a state of perpetual profit loss, but......

- faceman802 - 12-19-2006

with what cable companies charge people, 75-100 a month, they should give us any fucking channel on earth they can. especially cablevision, those greedy fucks

- Hoon - 12-19-2006

if the nfl network has been around for two years, it's been pretty fucking obscure. maybe that's why they won't let games like the rutger bowl game go to local carriers like twc.. because they need the fucking money. wtf is a college bowl game doing on an nfl network, anyway???
they showed a thursday night game on thanksgiving, did you know that? if not, you're not alone because the majority of the country didn't get to see it either.

as for satelite radio, it's a fad. 4 million isn't even close to the free public market that was exposed to their adverstising.

- The Jays - 12-19-2006

well, it's because there are like 430 bowl games now, so cable has to carry a few of them. NFL Network has been around, I don't know why this shit always happens where cable companies don't carry certain channels, with all the money they get and all the features they have; who needs a fucking Howard Stern on Demand if I can get NFL Network?

people used to say the same thing about cable hoon. It's here to stay. Did you know the NBA has their own channel too? It's just a way for the nfl to show games on their station, charge advertising for it and it costs them no rights fees since they are showing the game itself. It's like the Yes network and Sny around here

- Hoon - 12-19-2006

i don't even know what the fuck you just said.

-edit-
sorry face, that was for jays.

btw, sny is showing 4 nights of rutgers games from this year starting sunday at 8.

- Hoon - 12-19-2006

faceman802 Wrote:people used to say the same thing about cable hoon. It's here to stay. Did you know the NBA has their own channel too? It's just a way for the nfl to show games on their station, charge advertising for it and it costs them no rights fees since they are showing the game itself. It's like the Yes network and Sny around here
i disagree. the yes network stays local. yankee games are not the equivelent to, nor do they have exclusive rights to world series games if the yanks make it.

look at the cowboy game on thanksgiving. that wasn't local. that was just a nation wide rook.

but if the yankees could, they would. the nfl can, so they are. it's all about opportunity

- Hoon - 12-19-2006

i could knock a kid down and shit in their face but i don't.

if you could make a couple of million dollars doing it, you would

- Hoon - 12-19-2006

no i wouldn't!

you would knock snaps down and shit on her for a couple of million dollars

- Goatweed - 12-19-2006

I'd do that for free.

keep your fetishes to yourself goat, I'm trying to make a point