CDIH
Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread (/showthread.php?tid=12434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- The Sleeper - 05-10-2007

i don't think unemployment covers laziness and annoying co-workers as a reason for leaving unless you are hedcold

- The Jays - 05-10-2007

don't underestimate yourself, it's Jersey.

- HedCold - 05-10-2007

want to help me move?

- The Sleeper - 05-10-2007

not really. unless you pay me.

- Galt - 05-10-2007

I quit a job with no other options. It was very freeing. Though unemployment is not an option.

But your income fom from municipal bonds is tax-free, so you have that monthly stream that you can use to pay your rent and stuff. And if you need other disposable income, just sell some of your stocks, or at least write some calls against them.

- drusilla - 05-10-2007

crap!

- Gooch - 05-11-2007

Galt Wrote:I quit a job with no other options. It was very freeing. Though unemployment is not an option.

But your income fom from municipal bonds is tax-free, so you have that monthly stream that you can use to pay your rent and stuff. And if you need other disposable income, just sell some of your stocks, or at least write some calls against them.

i just want to retire.

- The Sleeper - 05-11-2007

good idea galt

can i have some of your stocks?

- Galt - 05-11-2007

sure. there's like a whole entire sub-economy that has been developed in order to facilitate the transfer of such assets.

- Keyser Soze - 05-11-2007

theres nothing funnier than people from staten island making jokes about new jersey

- The Sleeper - 05-11-2007

i mean like give them to me for free. cause one time i saw you stab a table with a fork and refused to share a cab ride with you. remember?

- drusilla - 05-11-2007

drusilla Wrote:crap!

i wonder what it was that danielle was trying to say up there when she accidentally posted as me.

- diceisgod - 05-11-2007

i don't know but it excited me

- The Jays - 05-13-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:theres nothing funnier than people from staten island making jokes about new jersey

it's no joke. Jersey has just as good benefits for unemployment and public assistance than any other state. That's all.

- Keyser Soze - 05-13-2007

then why single it out?

your premise was 'don't underestimate yourself, its jersey' ....meaning it was somehow different than any other state.

your previous statement is that it is unique in its enabling of those sucking off the teat of the state like hedcold and your last statement is that it is not in fact unique in that sense.

which is it? ...or correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.

- Mad - 05-13-2007

Jersey sucks and so does New York, happy?

- The Jays - 05-13-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:then why single it out?

your premise was 'don't underestimate yourself, its jersey' ....meaning it was somehow different than any other state.

your previous statement is that it is unique in its enabling of those sucking off the teat of the state like hedcold and your last statement is that it is not in fact unique in that sense.

which is it? ...or correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.

I single it out because he lives in Jersey. I could have just as easily said "Don't underestimate yourself, just come back into the warm loving social arms of New York City", but I figured it really would be a pain in the keister to move back when his current life is out there. Staten Island can welcome him in warm loving arms too, with low rent and beautiful parks, ocean views, and a bountiful supply of people to make fun of, but it's a pain in the keister to get around here.

- The Sleeper - 05-14-2007

not that it matters since i won't qualify, but if i live in jersey but work in nyc, where would i get unemployment from?

- Keyser Soze - 05-14-2007

maine

- lush - 05-14-2007

The Sleeper Wrote:not that it matters since i won't qualify, but if i live in jersey but work in nyc, where would i get unemployment from?

Q: What if I worked in New York State but live in another state?

A: Persons living in another state who want to claim unemployment benefits from the State of New York must meet all the eligibility conditions.

They must file an interstate claim by calling a toll-free number, 1-877-358-5306, to contact the Out-of-State Resident office. However, residents of some nearby states who regularly cross state lines in order to work in the State of New York are required to file their claims by calling 1-888-209-8124.

After you file your claim you will receive a packet of information from New York State giving you information and advice on your out-of-state claim.

If you are filing from another state and have any questions about your claim, write to:

OUT-OF-STATE RESIDENT OFFICE
P.O. BOX 1559
ALBANY, NY 12201-1559

Just an FYI but I think only one person from the board is allowed to claim unemployment each year and I've already taken that spot.