CDIH
Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread (/showthread.php?tid=12434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Keyser Soze - 05-14-2007

fucking leeches

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

there are situations which arise where people need assistance; not everyone is just looking for a handout.

- Keyser Soze - 05-15-2007

sorry sammy serious, i didn't know sleeper's manager raped him in the janitor's closet.

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

he wasn't commercially viable.

start a rally, abbie hoffman!

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

I'd rather sit on my couch and jerk off to fans of shows I don't care to listen to.

so would i!!!

- Galt - 05-15-2007

I think this thread killed the board. No one has a reason to start any new threads.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - diceisgod - 01-19-2008

I'd swear there was a "books I'm reading" thread or something similar around here somewhere. But since the search function on this board is and has always been notoriously HORRIBLE & a total POS, this thread is just as a valid place to put this.

Now, I think I read a post with the word 'algebra' fairly recently? This is funny actually (not) as speaking of algebra, there is this book I'm trying to wade through now called "The Algebraist".

If you think I'm an incohenrent babbler, then don't bother trying to read that thing. I actually like it though despite trying to get through each chapter is like trying to read the assembly instructions that came with a new corner desk set made out of that fake woodchip filled shit - ie the "cheapo" desks with the false "oak" or "pine" panelling - I think they call it "plood" or something and they sell them for like $199 at K-Mart.

That aside, absolutely cool book but denser than most of you people. Stay away from it especially if you can't keep up with me.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Galt - 01-19-2008

I want to read Dianetics and find out what is all the hub-ub about Scientology.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - diceisgod - 01-19-2008

I think that one "banned" SouthPark episode summed up Sceintology pretty accurately and well: It's about a bunch of aliens and hocus pocus. It's the "New Satanism" but I guess more benign. Total nonsense and the hollywood star's latest in their pursuit of "truth" and certification of their deluded notions of wonderfulness and why they deserve to have what they have and be who they be and so on.

^There is the Cliff's if interested.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - The Jays - 01-19-2008

DIG raises a good point. The search function sucks balls. It only find shit from the past year, if anything.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Galt - 01-19-2008

I saw the south park episode, but I just find it impossible to believe that there's such a large group of people, including some of the most powerful people in Hollywood who would actually devote their lives to a religion/belief system that is based on an evil alien dictator blowing up people in a volcano.

There has to be something behind it. I want to take a few years off my life and infultrate their little cult. But I think they want a lot of money.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - The Jays - 01-19-2008

I don't get it either. Why not save the money, and believe in Jesus Christ or something? At least he got one good thing going, and that's CYO.

Believe it or not, I think that's the heart of the matter. The more gullible and retarded of the famous rich people of the world, who have had their ego stroked day after day year after year, will believe the most amazing things. But I would say: Do yourself a favor and save time, effort, and money...

...or don't and go buy a blue "soul" crystal and stick it in your bum until Zarnak returns in his mothership.

This will no doubt disappear after the aliens see it has been posted so look fast.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Galt - 02-14-2008

I have the themesong from "Bonanza" stuck in my head even though I've never seen an episode of that show.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - diceisgod - 02-14-2008

Quote:"The Algebraist"

Finally, I got through the above and it's EXCELLENT. No doubt, others will tell you differently and profess how proud they will be to never even consider reading it just because of my stated opinion herein.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - The Jays - 02-21-2008

Valentine's Day came and went, and it was good this year, which is unusual.

Last year, I worked till like 9 getting some drawings out. She was online, counting the hours down, and getting more and more depressed , how every Valentine's is shitty.

I am a bad gift giver. Last Valentine's I gave her books. BOOKS. Like, paperback books. Why? Strand is cross the street. I was like, oh shit, I need a gift, bam, books! Books are a great gift, right?

And it's not like this is the first time I've used books as a gift. For my parents anniversary, I believe I got my mom a paperback on the entire history of the Polish people, for no good reason.

Re: Stuff that isn't important enough to have its own thread - Galt - 02-21-2008

If there were a restaurant that served human, I would definitely try it. Not obviously if they killed people to serve food, but maybe if they died in car accidents or of old age (maybe not even old age - definitely not disease), but if people could donate (or sell) their bodies to the restaurant industry, I would absolutely 100% try it.

I'm very curious what we taste like. If I ever get in a plane crash or stranded anywhere with people for an extended period of time, I will absolutely be the guy to first bring up cannibalism.