CDIH
The Diceman is back.... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Diceman is back.... (/showthread.php?tid=12573)

Pages: 1 2

The Diceman is back.... - faceman802 - 02-08-2007

NICE!! This is the defintion of train wreck

Quote:Andrew Dice Clay is returning to television, courtesy of VH 1.

In the VH1 series, 'Dice Undisputed', viewers will get an up close and personal look into the highs and lows of his personal and professional life as he fights to get back on top.

The show is scheduled to premiere on Sunday, March 4 at 10:30 pm. VH1 has picked up 7 episodes of the half-hour series.

Dice's controversial macho image often collides with his real family life as the man behind all the limericks and leather tries to find a balance between being a devoted father of two teenage sons (already 11 and 16 - where did the time go?), as well as dealing with a busted marriage, juggling a relationship with his strong willed ex-wrestler fiancee Eleanor (!) and facing the challenges of middle age.

Also thrown into the fray is his posse of friends and road crew, otherwise known as his "dysfunctional, middle-aged entourage".

Clay is also writing a book, cutting a record and producing his own Sirius radio show.

from VH1 website
Quote:Andrew Dice Clay made a career out of being the most outrageous comic of his time. Before Chappelle, before South Park, Dice was shocking audiences - breaking the rules with a never-before-seen style of hardcore comedy.

His rise to fame was meteoric - with sold-out arenas, platinum albums, and starring roles in films and TV specials. His fall was just as epic
- blackballed by the industry and becoming the man to hate by every PC group in the country.

He calls himself the Rocky of Comedy, and now this heavyweight king of comedy is coming out of retirement to train for the greatest career move yet.

Dice is attempting what no comic has ever tried - to perform to a sell-out crowd in Giants Stadium. He's pulling out all the stops, attempting a multi-media blitz - getting his own radio show, writing a book, cutting a record, and trying to play the kinds of arena crowds that made him a legend. It's a tough road, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

And he's not alone in this quest. Dice's posse of friends and road crew are a loveable band of misfits. This "dysfunctional, middle-aged entourage" has been in Andrew's inner circle since the 80's -- offering unwanted advice, messing up his plans, and offering the kind of shaky support that makes you appreciate why Dice gets so angry. But they keep his life on the edge of comedy -- from Wheels, his ever-dieting lug of a buddy, to Todd, his quirky road manager, to "Happy Face" his stone-faced ninja body guard, to Uncle Lee, his doting mentor who spouts sagely advice at the drop of a hat.

Dice is a new take on celebreality, combining a real Rocky story with an original comic voice. Dice's mission to get back in the game is sometimes exhilarating, sometimes a train wreck, always honest. And you've just got to watch.

- Keyser Soze - 02-08-2007

how sad

- Mad - 02-08-2007

Thought MTV (parent corp to VH1) banned him for life?

- GonzoStyle - 02-08-2007

I finally have a reason to watch a reality show.

- funsnapsdyno - 02-08-2007

Some reality shows are good.. I caught a marathon of that crazy New York chick on MTV and got hooked!

- Goatweed - 02-08-2007

this reminds me of that Sizemore show, and after watching 1 episode of that wate of time I don't think I'll be bothering with this show either.

- Keyser Soze - 02-08-2007

MTV Comes To Brooklyn

Since the latest season of Laguna Beach was a total bomb, it's perhaps not surprising that MTV is looking closer to home for its newest series. Quoting from a Brooklyn Tech newsletter: "MTV's newest soon-to-be hit show is Brooklyn. The premise is to paint an accurate picture for America of what life is like for the average Brooklyn high school student." Okay, we admit we're more than a little excited. Scenes from the Fulton Mall! Exclusive barbecues in Prospect Park! Prom at the Brooklyn Marriott!

But why Brooklyn Tech? Well:

With a student body of 4,000, BTHS represents the many faces of teenagers in Brooklyn. Rich, poor, Asian, Black, White, Hispanic and everyone in between come here to learn. Since 1922, BTHS has been the home to everyone from bodybuilders to entertainers to noble laureates. Considered to be one of the best magnet schools in the country, BTHS is a cutthroat competition even before the year starts. BTHS has proven to be a golden free-of-charge opportunity: the first step onto a life of success.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gawker.com/news/mtv/mtv-comes-to-brooklyn-234735.php">http://gawker.com/news/mtv/mtv-comes-to ... 234735.php</a><!-- m -->

- Mad - 02-08-2007

They should do it Bed-Sty in one of the projects.

- GonzoStyle - 02-08-2007

They shoulda picked brooklyn college instead and featured the greatness of me.

- funsnapsdyno - 02-08-2007

I'd watch that

- diceisgod - 02-08-2007

this is great already

- GonzoStyle - 02-09-2007

Snappaheads

- diceisgod - 03-03-2007

FINALLY Maybe they'll finally play ADC's True Hollywood Story again...finally. I've never seen the damn thing and every other week on that fucking show it's "The Hilton Sisters!" I'll be scouring the cursed scrolly tv thing all weekend and it better fucking happen!

- Keyser Soze - 03-03-2007

the diceman keeps popping up when i go to newyorkpost.com

- diceisgod - 03-03-2007

I looked it up and that THS came out in '99 and I swear it hasn't aired since. I think it probably had a lot to do with the whole Howard Stern fued because it is the "E!" THS afterall. And now that Howard's not on the channel anymore (right?) now they're punishing anybody associated with the show. So, of course,ADC and Howard had to make up so E!'s like fuck that thing, leave it in the attic. So I get fucked again! ME!

- Keyser Soze - 03-03-2007

maybe you're reading into it a little too much.

- The Jays - 03-03-2007

perhaps dice is his god

- Galt - 03-03-2007

this will be the most scripted reality show in history.

- diceisgod - 03-03-2007

i find your lack of faith disturbing

- Galt - 03-03-2007

I find your faith, considering "Bless This House" and his other many sell-out/fake endeavors disturbing