CDIH
Amsterdam! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Stoner Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Amsterdam! (/showthread.php?tid=12575)

Pages: 1 2

Amsterdam! - QuickStop - 02-09-2007

So I'm going to amsterdam in a few weeks and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about places to go and whatnot.

- GonzoStyle - 02-09-2007

look for the stickers

- Mad - 02-09-2007

Wear a condom every time.

- Goatweed - 02-10-2007

is Danked gonna be your tour guide?

- Keyser Soze - 02-10-2007

the grasshopper, the bulldog, anne frank house, van gogh museum, rijksmuseum, rembrandt house, hortus botanical garden, artis zoo, proust restaurant for dinner, dimitrij for lunch, red light district, rent a bike to get around, don't overdo it, pace yourself.

- QuickStop - 02-13-2007

sounds good

- Danked - 02-14-2007

Not only would I not overdo the recreational drugs, I'd take it easy and not pack in too many tourist traps for one vacation. This includes cafes.

DO go to Barney's for a nice breakfast and some good weed to go with it. Always recommended to arrive early, as with most people of the stoner persuasion, the crowd likes to sleep in.

DO spend some time to just walk around and see the city for what it is. Don't pick a destination, but if you must, then take the long way around and let yourself be distracted. We got lost trying to find a laundromat, but it made for a fun and intriguing morning.

DO take lots of pictures.

DO be aware of your surroundings and valuables at all times, especially when you're on drugs.

DO walk the main stretches of the red light district at night. Stay in public areas, but try to take in "the view."

DON'T oversmoke. Take a hit or two and put out the joint. This pot is bigger than you.

DON'T overbuy. You want to be able to sample the various smoke along the way without feeling like you have to finish what you bought two days ago first.

- Keyser Soze - 02-14-2007

very true. feel free to wander and discover the neighborhood on your own. thats usually the most fun you have is stumbling upon places by accident.

- Galt - 02-14-2007

Mail me mushrooms.

- Mad - 02-14-2007

Danked Wrote:Not only would I not overdo the recreational drugs, I'd take it easy and not pack in too many tourist traps for one vacation. This includes cafes.

DO go to Barney's for a nice breakfast and some good weed to go with it. Always recommended to arrive early, as with most people of the stoner persuasion, the crowd likes to sleep in.

DO spend some time to just walk around and see the city for what it is. Don't pick a destination, but if you must, then take the long way around and let yourself be distracted. We got lost trying to find a laundromat, but it made for a fun and intriguing morning.

DO take lots of pictures.

DO be aware of your surroundings and valuables at all times, especially when you're on drugs.

DO walk the main stretches of the red light district at night. Stay in public areas, but try to take in "the view."

DON'T oversmoke. Take a hit or two and put out the joint. This pot is bigger than you.

DON'T overbuy. You want to be able to sample the various smoke along the way without feeling like you have to finish what you bought two days ago first.

Who hacked Dankeds' account? This sensible advice does not compute.

- Danked - 02-14-2007

Try a Leffe and a LaChouffe/McChouffe on tap. Two of my favorite beers, both Belgians.

Whether or not you like Heineken, find it on tap there and try it. It's a completely different beer and it it delicious.

- Galt - 02-14-2007

do the Hawaiian and THEN the Mexican

- Danked - 02-14-2007

Quote:Who hacked Dankeds' account? This sensible advice does not compute.
Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Enjoy yourself, Quicky, but pace yourself as well.

- QuickStop - 02-16-2007

seriously though, like how strong is the pot. i have a pretty high tolerance. a half gram joint for two people who smoke a few times a day ought to be good right?

- Danked - 02-16-2007

You only think you have a high tolerance until the day you land in Amsterdam and smoke good pot.

- Galt - 02-16-2007

There are gay bars in Amsterdam that don't really publicize their gayness sufficiently. I walked in to one (with a girl, thank you very much) because it was raining and it looked like a normal bar. She was the only girl there, so we quickly left.

Don't waste your time going to any "sex show" place. I went to one and it sucked and was expensive. I got dragged to another one and sucked and was expensive.

When you smoke, wash it down with a weed tea and a space cake.

Boat ride through the river is pretty cool.

Don't get killed. The traffic and trains fly all over the place from every direction and unlike the US, they don't appear to be under any obligation to stop for pedestrians.

The Heinken tour isn't a tour of a brewery. It's a historical tour. Thoguh you do get 3 or 4 beers.

Fuck Ann Frank. Don't waste your time.

- Galt - 02-16-2007

and seriously, mail me mushrooms.

- funsnapsdyno - 02-18-2007

This thread is the stuff travel agents fail to tell you

- Danked - 02-19-2007

I can't believe I forgot to mention it.

You have to go to O'Reilly's (Irish pub) near the corner of Raadhuisstrat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal just out side of Dam Square. It's a great place to go for breakfast or a pint and just mellow out. It is not a smokeshop.

It can get rowdy on football (soccer) nights, but it is still fun.

We typically ended our afternoon there for a pint of Leffe before we headed out for the evening. With six of us travelling together, it was also a nice central meeting point just outside of the main heart of Amsterdam.

- Keyser Soze - 02-19-2007

theres a great brazilian restaurant down by the canals, for the life of me, i can't recall the name of it.