CDIH
Club med type vacations - Anyone been on one? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Club med type vacations - Anyone been on one? (/showthread.php?tid=1259)

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-15-2002

My friend and I are planning our next vacation which we want to take in January, but we're already looking around now. She really wants to do a Club Med vacation, I'm not sure. Has anyone ever done the Club Med thing or anything like it? Opinions?

- *A* - 04-15-2002

2 years ago I went to Club Med - Turks and Caicos. It was one of the best vacations I ever went on. You can do as much or as little as you choose to, and all-inclusive is definitely the way to go. I highly recommend it!!! {Big Grin}

- GonzoStyle - 04-15-2002

Go down to the jersey shore and save yourself some money. You'll be going out of state and down to a beach, it's much better... HOLY SHIT I AM A JEW!!!

- Arthur Dent - 04-15-2002

Forget Club Med.

I saw this series on BBC about "18 30 Club". It's a Club Med type vacation in the Medditeranean for people between 18 and 30 only, but what it really is is a non-stop drunken orgy. They have these "counsilors" who's only job is getting people drunk, playing crazy games, and get them horny as hell. Just everyone getting drunk, acting stupid, and sleeping with each other.

I think it's what I'll be doing next year.

- The Painter - 04-15-2002

Quote:Go down to the jersey shore and save yourself some money. You'll be going out of state and down to a beach, it's much better...
I don't think they'll want to go to a NJ beach in January.
check out a cruise, but make sure it's one for younger people. 20 odd years ago I lived in St. Thomas. When the cruise ships would come in, we'd say the passangers were newly wed, or nearly dead. Unless you want to be with honeymooners or old people(older than me),make sure it's a party cruise.

- Goatweed - 04-15-2002

I went to Sandals St. Lucia for my honeymoon, and from what we heard it was very similar to a Club Med-type deal (only better). It was all inclusive, all you could eat, drink, etc. There were a few things that we had to pay extra to do (like Jetskis, Booze Cruises, etc.) but I think that's pretty much standard at these all-in-one places. I would recommend it if you're looking to party, but it really is for couples.

Next year we are (or I am) planning on going to Hedonism. I've been wanting to go there for years but there was always a problem with either money or timing. Yeah, I'll be going with the wife, but apparently lots of couples are going now. And from what I have heard from people that I know who have gone, Hedo is THE place to party {Wink}

- Arpikarhu - 04-15-2002

best vacation i ever took was at Moon Palace in cancun. all inclusive. it was great .

- LZMF1 - 04-15-2002

hey polly, see that? didn't i tell you to check out the moon palace in cancun?

aparently , i'm not the only one who enjoyed that place.

arpi, were you there before or after they expanded the place?

- crx girl - 04-15-2002

Quote:I saw this series on BBC about "18 30 Club".
yeah, my sister did a couple of those after high school, she went to ibiza and tenereef(sp?) in the canary islands. i've seen some rather incriminating pics, looks like a lot of fun...

- Arpikarhu - 04-16-2002

Quote:arpi, were you there before or after they expanded the place?

after the expansion. it rocked. the whole key was to go down the week before the retarded college kids showed up for spring break. they had already doubled the staff in preparation. it was a great time in a fun place.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-16-2002

I don't want to go to Cancun because I'm a bit weary about the water, my best friend almost died in Mexico when we were little, so I would definitely not be able to relax and enjoy myself. Hedonism looks like fun, but I'm a bit worried that it's not my thing. I like to drink but the idea of like everyone fucking and wanting to fuck all day and all night gets me worried.

- Goatweed - 04-16-2002

Quote:I like to drink but the idea of like everyone fucking and wanting to fuck all day and all night gets me worried.
It's a no=pressure atmosphere, but I can understand your concerns. For me, that's heaven on Earth - and for the wife too {Big Grin}

- Rape Fantasizer - 04-16-2002

Go on a cruise, they are the most awesome vacations.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-16-2002

Quote:It's a no=pressure atmosphere
My friend just checked out the site and her eyes bugged out of her head.....then we looked at the prices, and we can't afford Hedonism. The other sucky thing about the place is you can either have a king sized bed or two twin beds....bah it's like staying home!

Quote:Go on a cruise, they are the most awesome vacations.

Was thinking about it, but it's going to be mucho dinero

- WhipThisFez - 04-16-2002

Quote:She really wants to do a Club Med vacation

I would too if I were a white trash whore.

- The Sleeper - 04-16-2002

Quote:I would too if I were a white trash whore.
You're not?

- WhipThisFez - 04-16-2002

Quote:You're not?

I'm not a female. Only females can be whores. Females have vaginas, I do not. Thus, I am a male.

- Arpikarhu - 04-16-2002

if you ever saw them building a cruis eship , you would never get on. trust me