CDIH
14 Things Learned At The Sopranos Screener - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 14 Things Learned At The Sopranos Screener (/showthread.php?tid=12618)

Pages: 1 2 3

14 Things Learned At The Sopranos Screener - Keyser Soze - 03-26-2007

From NYMag.com...

Fourteen Things We Learned at Last Night's ‘Sopranos’ Advance Screening
20070321sopranos.jpg

David Chase arriving at the MoMA last night.Photo: Patrick McMullan
1. The first two episodes are some of the most domestic we've seen.
2. Carmella still gives Tony blow jobs.
3. A.J.'s Puerto Rican girlfriend has him whipped.
4. Phil Leotardo's inferiority complex stretches back for generations.
5. Daniel Baldwin apparently "takes Ben Kingsley to acting school" as the lead in Christopher's movie.
6. It's possible for someone to get shot at your dinner table without you noticing.
7. Glenn Close is several seasons behind in her Sopranos viewing.
8. Gay Talese thinks both Tony and Christopher will die before the show ends.
9. No one else would dare speculate on the show's conclusion.
10. Sam Rockwell owns a 52-inch flat screen and takes his TV-watching "very seriously."
11. Sopranos writer Matt Weiner thinks Melinda is a more likely American Idol winner than LaKisha, and he thinks Blake needs to stop pretending he's not gay.
12. Sydney Pollack plays a prison-hospital orderly in this season's second episode.
13. Sydney Pollack cannot make a bed.
14. The Sopranos looks amazing on a movie screen.

- HedCold - 03-26-2007

is there going to be, or already is, some sort of soprano's rewind where they show all the episodes on demand or something?

- HedCold - 03-26-2007

well i just checked and there is episodes 66-77. did i miss the earlier ones or did they just never have them up?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-26-2007

i thought aj's girlfriend was dominican

- Galt - 03-26-2007

they have a 3 minute recap of every season on demand. If it's not up yet, they will have one up probably a week or two before the new episodes start.

I gave up on the Sopranos. I kept giving them another chance and another chance. The show has sucked balls (comparatively) since Tony saw the talking fish in season 3. They keep killing off all their best charactores (Tony B. and Joey Pants, and with yet another full-episode dream sequence last year, and all the man-on-man shit, I gave up halfway through the last block of episodes.

But I did finally get into The Wire, and now I want that and Entourage to come back.

- Keyser Soze - 03-26-2007

I just watched the entire first season of The Wire. That show fucking rules.

- Galt - 03-27-2007

Yeah, I just finished season 1 on BET. Season 2 starts soon. Huge fan.

I'm even a huger fan of BET announcers and commercials. Black people talk weird and they argue a lot.

- Arpikarhu - 03-27-2007

Galt Wrote:they have a 3 minute recap of every season on demand. If it's not up yet, they will have one up probably a week or two before the new episodes start.

I gave up on the Sopranos. I kept giving them another chance and another chance. The show has sucked balls (comparatively) since Tony saw the talking fish in season 3. They keep killing off all their best charactores (Tony B. and Joey Pants, and with yet another full-episode dream sequence last year, and all the man-on-man shit, I gave up halfway through the last block of episodes.

cause if people like it, then galt hates it.

too cool for school.

- Gooch - 03-27-2007

I missed the latter half of last season, but I still enjoyed the show. LOST, Rome, Battlestar Galactica and 24 were the only ones i followed recently...and I still need to catch up on my DVR for both Rome and 24 lately.

- Keyser Soze - 03-28-2007

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Galt Wrote:they have a 3 minute recap of every season on demand. If it's not up yet, they will have one up probably a week or two before the new episodes start.

too cool for school.

thats not exactly a controversial opinion, people have been saying the sopranos have been going downhill for the past couple of seasons.

- Gooch - 03-28-2007

HBO could use something meatier. I hope Sopranos has a rousing ending. Last season kind of lost me.

On a side-note: HBO acquired the rights to a great fantasy book series called "A Song of Fire & Ice" by George R. R. Martin which will be a cross between ROME and Lord of the Rings, really. Each book will comprise a season...which actually makes a lot of sense b/c a lot of shit goes on in them. It's a great series, book-wise. Very fucked up adult-themed stuff for a fantasy series.

- Galt - 03-28-2007

Arpikarhu Wrote:

too cool for school.

Actually I am a mindless trend follower. If it's popular, I will watch it, and I normally agree with the crowd (American Idol aside)

People have been saying Sopranos isn't nearly good anymore for a while. I've just given up on it getting good. They spend way too much time on Carmela or him in the psychiatrist office which is painful, as well as doing "artsy" dream sequences and other such rubbish.

- Gooch - 03-28-2007

I think that Russian Christopher and Paulie Walnuts left in the Pine Barrens is going to punch Christopher or Paulies ticket this season.

- TheGMANN - 03-28-2007

At this point, with the long drawn out period between seasons, and the shitty ass storylines.....does anyone really care about The Sopranos ??

They've been saying for months now that this final season is going to be so good and the shits gonna hit the fan and blah blah blah crap like that. If it involves Carmela getting a fucking bullet in the head.....THEN and ONLY THEN I will be happy.

God I fucking hate that bitch.

Part of my anger in this post is cause I watched the episode where her and Ro Aprile go to Paris.....what a fucking waste of time. Only reason I watched it all the way was to see Gonzo's stunt double get killed by Carlo and Sil.

- drusilla - 03-29-2007

i just always just agree with whatever galt says

- The Jays - 03-29-2007

Here I thought Keyser had gone to the Sopranos screener. I shoulda known he was pulling a TeenWeek.

- Keyser Soze - 03-29-2007

what part of From NYMag.com... didn't you understand?

- The Jays - 03-29-2007

I clicked on the thread because I saw the title, 14 Things Learned At The Sopranos Screener, and then you name in the forum. I chose to read this thread because the titled teased me into believing I was about to read a short list of 14 things that Keyser Soze learned at the Sopranos screening, but alas, it was someone else.

- Keyser Soze - 03-30-2007

thats what they call in the business a "teaser"

- TheGMANN - 03-30-2007

Fibs