CDIH
Best games as a kid. - What were your favorites? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Best games as a kid. - What were your favorites? (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Hybrid - 04-15-2002

what were some of the games you loved to play as a kid? some of the greatest days ever were during the summers at around age 9-12ish, just playing these stupid games. some of the greatest games i can rember are running bases, manhunt, wiffle ball, and many others. what are your favorites?

- HedCold - 04-15-2002

the ones you mentioned. i also liked marco polo in the pool. since it got kind of dumb after a while me and my friends changed it that you couldn't say anything. so for the person to find people he had to make us laugh. some of the stupidest things were said.
also when i would go to the beach with some friends, instead of playing catch regularly, we threw it away from each other so we would have to run and make diving catches.
good times.

- GonzoStyle - 04-15-2002

Cum on a cracker was always fun.

- Sean Cold - 04-15-2002

Fuckin manhunt ruled, especialy growing up in the city with back alleys included in the hiding grounds. Of course, alot of us were scumbags and if we really didn't care for the peeps on the other team, we would eventualy go home with no regrets and let them search thier little asses off while we had dinner and shit.

A painful game was asses up. Holy jesus, that game fuckin blew if you had bad hands catching the fuckin ball. You were supposed to throw a spalding at a wall as hard as possible and others were supposed to catch it with one hand and fire the ball again. If you dropped it, you had to high tail it and touch the wall while anyone could pick up the fumbled ball and fuckin peg you. If you got hit, that was an "A". After spelling ass, you had to drop draws, bend over while having your hands against the wall, and everybody playing had ten throws to blister you. I learned how to catch a ball with one hand really fuckin quick after playing that game.

We also played knuckles in school where you get the honor of getting your knucks smashed with the thiner end of a deck of cards if you sucked.

Punchball was another favorite of the nieghborhood because our parents were a tad strict about letting us have sticks and the such.

- Arthur Dent - 04-15-2002

Stoopball Baseball!
We would take a blue handball and throw it at the bottom three steps of the stairs in front of someone's house. Two or three of your friends would be in the steet and on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. If it hit the ground in the street it was a single, cars on the other side was a double, opposite sidewalk a triple, and hitting the house on the other side was a homerun. Hitting the sidewalk in front of the stairs was a fowl ball and if someone caught it you were out. It was great until we got older and EVEERYONE could hit a homer. Trick was to hit the point of the stair.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-15-2002

Manhunt ruled..but it was also my downfall for a college scholarship. I had a great chance for getting a scholarship for football BUT....i cracked my kneecap in half playing manhunt. As great a game manhunt was...i wasnt thrilled about that. So once I heeled up and my football days were over...i went back to manhunt.

- virgingrrl - 04-15-2002

dodge ball (anytime i got to throw something hard at someone else i was a very happy grrl {Big Grin} ), spud, kickball, freeze tag, and of course manhunt.

- Kid Afrika - 04-15-2002

Four Square. I rocked at that game. Nobody could hit my super duper backspin slam.

Why do I think Kid and childhood games and think of Bill Cosby's original Fat Albert bit?

But, he reminded me of another game. Got 5 people together and each picked a sidewalk box infront of a wall. We called the boxes Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10. The object was to bounce the ball off the wall, and into someone else's box and then they'd hit it. If someone missed, or didn't make it bounce inside someone's box, they were out. When someone was out, they went down to ten and everyone else moved up a spot. The object was to be the Ace for as long as possible.

- Kid Afrika - 04-15-2002

I grew up in lower middle class white neighborhoods, no cosby kids life for me...

Four Square, is basically tennis, with no net, and you play with the big red ball. You know the rubber one that you played dodge ball with... **thwoom!!**

You drew a big square with 4 squares inside of it. Then each person had a square. The object was that you had to hit the ball into another square and that person had to hit it before the second bounce. But, you could spike it, you could "bean" the person, you could put wicked spin on the ball to make it impossible to hit. Hey man, I was like 8 and it was fun.

- Luna - 04-15-2002

I used to play soccer when I was in middle school later on in high school I played girl's field hockey.

As far as playing recreationally, I used to play softball, kickball and tackle football with the nieghborhood kids (alot of which were boys, mostly because the boys outnumbered the girls). I was a big tomboy when I was a kid.

We used to play something similar to 4 Square, only it was two squares/2 people and we used a handball.
You were really good if you could get back-spin on the ball so it would hit the ground and bounce straight up. Or slice it left or right.

- Skitchr4u - 04-15-2002

dodgeball and manhunt were the games in my neighborhood growing up...lots of woods type areas...then we got older and started a fire, burned down a lot of those woods, that was the end of that...was fun while it lasted though, thats for sure

- LZMF1 - 04-15-2002

dodgeball.....

- Spitfire - 04-15-2002

The simple stuff: climbing trees, riding bikes, kill the man with the ball (which probably ended quite a few kids' athletic dreams), manhunt ruled...anyone ever play S-P-U-D when they were liitle? Stupid game, but tu kept us amused...

Silent Ball was my favorite in school, even though teachers just used it as a way to shut us all up at the end of the day...

- Keyser Soze - 04-15-2002

Manhunt ruled. We had a big forest in the back of our neighborhood and built massive above and underground forts with the construction wood we stole from the builders for the houses in our new neighborhood. We would play capture the flag as well so you couldn't just hide in a tree or leave like they did in Sean's neighborhood, you had to get that flag. That was hands down my favorite game.

We also played knuckles in school, but in order to get 'knucked' you had to be too slow at the game where you lay your palms on another persons palms and try to slap their hand before they pulled it away. If they flinched and you didn't try to slap their hand you got a free slap. Flinch 3 times and you got 'knucked'.

We also played baseball, basketball, tag football in the street, and real football in the retention area which were 2 big fields in the front and back of the neighborhood. The funny part is we had kids from 11 to 20 playing together. I would be out there as a little 13 year old runt gettting beat to shit playing tackle football but it made you tough and you learned real quick how to move fast and take a hit. One time playing hardball I was pitching and the ball left the bat and nailed me right in the back before I could react.

I swear we had unlimited energy back then, you woke up in the morning and could play manhunt, football, baseball and basketball all in one day. Wish I could still play all day like that.

Quote:Silent Ball was my favorite in school, even though teachers just used it as a way to shut us all up at the end of the day...

Reminds me of one our teachers would use. "7 UP". The teacher picked 7 students and had them stand in front of the class. The teacher would turn off the lights and make everyone else put their head on their desk, cover their eyes, and stick up one thumb. Then, the 7 students would walk around the classroom and each one would push down one students thumb and then go back to the front. Then the 7 who got picked (had their thumb pushed down) had to guess who did it. If you got it right, the student had to sit down and you got to walk around and pick someone. I think the biggest lesson form that game was how to cheat.

- Spitfire - 04-15-2002

:roflmao: You just put your head down on the desk and stare at the people's feet so you could tell who tagged you...that game was so easy to cheat!

Quote:You just put your head down on the desk and stare at the people's feet so you could tell who tagged you...that game was so easy to cheat!

I went to private school. Everyone wore the same shoes, so it only narrowed things down between boy or girl.

I remember learning how to jumprope double-dutch so I could play with the girls. {Wink}

- Maynard - 04-15-2002

7-Up rocked!!

OK, I played very similar games, but they changed as we got older. Right around the time I was 12 or 13 we started doing nothing but skateboarding. We would leave early in the morning, and be out all day, then come home exhausted at night. During the fall, we would play a modified game of paintball with bb guns instead. You were only allowed to pump twice. But once in awhile, some dumb ass would forget and pump more than twice so someone would get shot pretty good. Hey, we were dumb kids.

I guess those days were the beginning of my downward spiral because that's the time I started smoking cigarettes and pot and drinking.:fuggin: