CDIH
Irish Alkey - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Irish Alkey (/showthread.php?tid=12641)

Pages: 1 2

Irish Alkey - The Jays - 04-26-2007

I just want to wish Pat a speedy recovery. God bless you man, and I hope things get better soon.

silera posted on ronfez.net

Quote:As ridiculous and pompous as this may sound, I figured it’d be easiest to post this on all the boards because all our friends are scattered throughout and I can’t think of an easier way to let everyone know what’s happened and avoid disinformation other than board gossip which is currently on hiatus and wouldn’t address the disinformation issue anyway.

Alkey is back in the hospital again recovering from emergency surgery he had yesterday. On Monday night, he was in the hospital to treat a fistula he had developed and address his recurring fevers and lack of recovery over the past three months. He threw up violently causing his incisional hernia to rupture and his small bowel expelled from his body. From what I understand, his first surgery was not successful because a perforation was missed in his colon. This leakage probably caused an abscess to form behind his stomach and a fistula to form on his left side.

His emergency surgery repaired the hernia, the abscess, the fistula, removed the existing stoma and created a new one on his other side, and put back all his stuff where it can be temporarily while he recovers. I expect he will be hospitalized for another 2-3 weeks and hopefully all his issues were addressed and he’ll be able to recover for the next 3-4 months before the next surgery to reattach his colon.

I want to thank everyone for their concern, care and kind thoughts over the past three months. He has kept his spirits up thanks to being able to laugh with all his old and new friends on the various boards and on paltalk. While the past few years have been difficult, I will say that we truly feel blessed to have surrounded ourselves with so many wonderful caring people with enough hack jokes about shit bags to fill Noah’s Ark.

- Galt - 04-26-2007

story

- The Jays - 04-26-2007

As Gonzo first reported to us in the last podcast, Alkey had collitis, and had his colon cut up and re-routed. Apparently, he wasn't sewn up correctly on the inside, and some bad stuff started happening, he went to the hospital, threw up violently, tore open his wound and his insides came out. Now hopefully they've taken care of the problem, and Alkey can resume recovery.

- Mad - 04-26-2007

That sucks, hope he gets better.

- Gooch - 04-26-2007

jesus christ. sorry to hear he has been dealing with so much. hope he's on his feet again soon and past his health problems.

- Galt - 04-26-2007

I bet Sleeper will take credit.

- drusilla - 04-26-2007

The Jays Wrote:As Gonzo first reported to us in the last podcast, Alkey had collitis, and had his colon cut up and re-routed. Apparently, he wasn't sewn up correctly on the inside, and some bad stuff started happening, he went to the hospital, threw up violently, tore open his wound and his insides came out. Now hopefully they've taken care of the problem, and Alkey can resume recovery.

diverticulitis & a perforated colon = colostomy bag since early january.

- The Jays - 04-26-2007

I always get diverticulitis mixed with collitis.

- Goatweed - 04-26-2007

this would have made for a great update on the latest podcast.

- drusilla - 04-26-2007

danked apologizes & says they will return

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-26-2007

now i am going to be scared to poop.

- drusilla - 04-26-2007

he blames it all on arelis' finger nail.

- The Jays - 04-26-2007

nice excuse.

- drusilla - 04-26-2007

she was feelin' frisky!

- Mad - 04-26-2007

She must have a really long fingernail to get up that far.

- Black Lazerus - 04-26-2007

well god damn i hope he's feeling better

- GonzoStyle - 04-26-2007

drusilla Wrote:danked apologizes & says they will return

I think Goat meant the real podcasts, not the ramblings of a stoner mixed with kooky hippie songs about sausage and carrots.

- drusilla - 04-26-2007

he said his musical taste has changed a lot since he's been up in the mountains. it has "expanded".

- Gooch - 04-26-2007

expanded: dueling banjos from Deliverance.

- Galt - 04-26-2007

The revelation that someone can puke so hard that their intestines shoot out of their anus is pretty awesome