CDIH
O&A Suspended for 30 Days - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: O&A Suspended for 30 Days (/showthread.php?tid=12654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

O&A Suspended for 30 Days - Gooch - 05-15-2007

Per XM Press Release

Posted : Tue, 15 May 2007 18:42:01 GMT
Author : XM Satellite Radio
Category : PressRelease

Press Release News | Home

WASHINGTON and NEW YORK, May 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Radio announced today that the company has suspended Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia, hosts of "The Opie & Anthony Show" and ceased broadcast of the show for 30 days, effective immediately.

XM Radio deplored the comments aired on "The Opie & Anthony Show" last week. At the time, the company strongly expressed its views to Opie and Anthony, and they issued an immediate apology.

Comments made by Opie and Anthony on yesterday's broadcast put into question whether they appreciate the seriousness of the matter. The management of XM Radio decided to suspend Opie and Anthony to make clear that our on-air talent must take seriously the responsibility that creative freedom requires of them.

As a company, XM provides customers with tools to control what they listen to on XM. "The Opie & Anthony Show" appears on one of XM's explicit language channels (XL). Whenever a radio is tuned to an explicit language channel, the letters "XL" continuously appear on the screen. XM frequently mentions on its explicit language channels that the content may be inappropriate for certain listeners and tells how to "block" channels that feature this type of content. Channel blocking is available through xmradio.com or by calling 1-800-XMRADIO.

About XM Satellite Radio

XM Satellite Radio

- Arpikarhu - 05-15-2007

The fascistic PC thought police strike again.

each demolition of free thought and choice makes the next one that much easier.

- GonzoStyle - 05-15-2007

I guess O&A arent a pimple on ashy larry's ass, according to keyser at least.

- The Sleeper - 05-15-2007

WRONG FORUM

- Galt - 05-15-2007

This is an old (and pathetic) ploy.

O&A did this a few times in Boston that I remember, and I bet if you search the archives, I bet they had some "two week" suspensions in the past for random shit.

Rather than just going on vacation, they get "suspended" for 30 days, which gives them free media coverage, energizes their fans, and gives them a common enemy to rail against when they get back: The evil corporate machine who is surpressing their freedom of speech.

Rinse. Repeat every year or so.

- HedCold - 05-15-2007

i thought XM was supposed to be better than terrestrial radio because they don't do this stuff. silly me

- Mad - 05-15-2007

Rumor has it they've been fired by XM.

- GonzoStyle - 05-16-2007

yeah, son of spaz imed me, who the fuck is son of spaz?

SonofSpaz (3:23:30 PM): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://xmradio.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=press_releases&item=1452">http://xmradio.mediaroom.com/index.php? ... &item=1452</a><!-- m -->

Auto response from ZippyAidsFace: ZippyAidsFace: I couldnt be trusted with having a vagina, cause i'd stay home all day and play with it.
Beth illyse 77: gross

SonofSpaz (4:51:00 PM): O&A have been fired from XM
ZippyAidsFace (8:54:50 PM): whoa whoa
SonofSpaz (8:55:02 PM): what is it GS?
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:03 PM): are you the actual son of spaz?
SonofSpaz (8:55:17 PM): yea
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:21 PM): awesome
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:27 PM): that didnt say they were fired
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:30 PM): said suspended
SonofSpaz (8:55:34 PM): reliable sources
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:40 PM): oh man
ZippyAidsFace (8:55:43 PM): the inside scoop, shame I care more about who the fuck you are than this story and I really dont care who the fuck you are.
SonofSpaz (8:56:51 PM): do you subscribe to xm?
ZippyAidsFace (8:56:58 PM): no
ZippyAidsFace (8:57:08 PM): I subscribe to the lord jesus christ
SonofSpaz (8:57:55 PM): thought so

- Black Lazerus - 05-16-2007

so when are we taking down wackbag

- drusilla - 05-16-2007

according to flea_man's myspace bulletin they have been fired. but i hear he's a douche.

- diceisgod - 05-16-2007

goto wackbag.com and this on the their root:

Quote:I have received word that O&A have been FIRED from XM!!!

I was told this by an extremely trusted source, and not an employee/relative of an XM employee.

Get on the phone, cancel your XM. DO NOT take the 30-day credit - CANCEL it! XM will feel that much more on their bottom line than a 30-day dip.

If XM feels the sting of thousands of people canceling their subs, then there is some sort of a chance!

-zag

- Keyser Soze - 05-16-2007

son of spaz instant messenged me too, who the fuck is son of spaz???

shallowthroat

he seemed pretty disappointed with my apathy towards his news

drusilla Wrote:according to flea_man's myspace bulletin they have been fired. but i hear he's a douche.

you have fleaman as a friend, oh man, im embarassed now.

i hope our server can handle the traffic

- Goatweed - 05-16-2007

Quote:SonofSpaz (8:56:51 PM): do you subscribe to xm?
ZippyAidsFace (8:56:58 PM): no
ZippyAidsFace (8:57:08 PM): I subscribe to the lord jesus christ
SonofSpaz (8:57:55 PM): thought so

that's fuckin' funny shit right there.

And noone should have flea as a friend, contact or anything remotely connected - he's a cocksucker.

- Galt - 05-16-2007

If they are truly fired and I'm some enterprising radio executive at Clearchannel or whatever radio vehicle they haven't burned bridges, I'd offer them some shit salary as a job.

They have no other talents, they will either just retire for life with good money, or take some embarassing job.

I think they are egomaniacs liek most people who hunt out celebrity stats. Pay them a pittance and give them an audience and make a bunch of money of their hardcore fans (if any still exist)

- Goatweed - 05-16-2007

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltlApFBjd2A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>