CDIH
FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer (/showthread.php?tid=12675)

Pages: 1 2

FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - GonzoStyle - 06-16-2007

Much like x-men 3, they found a way to completely fuck up one of the greatest comic storylines ever written. Besides the characters themselves, they don't follow the storyline at all and the movie is barely 85 minutes long and there is really not a lot of the surfer and they did an awesome job with him as far as the CGI but the movie is just bad bad bad, honestly I liked the first film more than this and x-men 3 is like a fuckin masterpiece next to this film.

I had such high hopes for the film and they fuckin blew it.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - Gooch - 06-16-2007

i find it mindboggling that you thought that festering pile of cunt was even worth watching.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - GonzoStyle - 06-16-2007

who wouldnt wanna see the coming of galactus storyline put on film? just unfortunately they ruined it, which is surprising given they had an abundance of great material from the source story.

alicia masters doesnt even play a role in the whole story line, shes in like 2 scenes and no one even notices her.

there is no backstory on galactus, they just sum him up in 5 seconds and there is no development of the surfer character at all. There are also no battle scenes, the only one is the one in the trailer with him and johnny storm and a quick little ambush that lasts like a minute but thats it. They dont give you much of a story line here.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - The Jays - 06-16-2007

I thought the Fantastic Four was always lame sounding. Just the fact that the leaders powers are that he's super stretchy, makes it all sound like a Saturday morning cartoon.

And how exactly does one fight the Sliver Surfer? The man has the power cosmic, given from a being that eat planets. How is a rock man and a guy who shoots fire suppose to fight him?

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - TheGMANN - 06-16-2007

How did they pull of Galactus anyway ? I cant see them having a CGI character wearing that big ol purple helmet.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - HedCold - 06-16-2007

so does that make two fantastic four movies and no real fight scenes? nice

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - GonzoStyle - 06-16-2007

The Jays Wrote:I thought the Fantastic Four was always lame sounding. Just the fact that the leaders powers are that he's super stretchy, makes it all sound like a Saturday morning cartoon.

And how exactly does one fight the Sliver Surfer? The man has the power cosmic, given from a being that eat planets. How is a rock man and a guy who shoots fire suppose to fight him?

well in the storyline they did attempt to battle the surfer, they totally just made up their own storyline and played with his powers as well. In the storyline it was alicia masters who made surfer re=-establish his good side but she didnt even play a part in the film.

They pulled of galactus well, they obviously didnt show him but its just the storyline sucked and its not like they didnt have time, there were a lot of pointless scenes and also the movie was barely 85 minutes long.

The fantastic 4 are a pretty lame group but the whole interest was the coming of galactus storyline and there is something at the end of the film I dont wanna give away but it totally sucks, as far as the resolution.

The surfer character as far as how he looked, the voicing by laurence fishburne was fabulous but he was under used and there was so much potential there but they blew it. It made spider-man 3 look like fuckin citizen kane in comparsion.

Though the trailer for transformers looked pretty dope.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - TheGMANN - 06-16-2007

Did they do the whole Frankie Raye/Nova/new herald for Galactus story ??

Cause if they did....ugh!

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - The Jays - 06-17-2007

Why don't they drop the whole blockbuster movie big spending shit, and try to stay more close to the storylines of the comics, and pump out a bunch of cheaper, but slick and well done serial movies? Doing this blockbuster movie shit just tries to cram way too much into one shitburger. That's why the Spider-man and X-man cartoons were so awesome, they were able to stay closer to the storylines.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - HedCold - 06-17-2007

i'm guessing marvel makes a shit load of money either way so they don't care, but you would think they would ask to have a little more say into the story lines and stuff, especially the way some of these movies have turned out.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - GonzoStyle - 06-17-2007

TheGMANN Wrote:Did they do the whole Frankie Raye/Nova/new herald for Galactus story ??

Cause if they did....ugh!

I dont wanna give it away but they like completely made up their own storyline and it was nowhere near anything that was in the actual comics.

But no, they didnt do the new herald for galactus story either, it's so baaaaaaaaad, I wanna say why they didnt do it but i'd have to give away the ending and while probably no ones gonna go see it now, I dont wanna spoil it incase you're really bored and have to choose between this and napoleon dynamite on cable one day.

The Jays Wrote:Why don't they drop the whole blockbuster movie big spending shit, and try to stay more close to the storylines of the comics, and pump out a bunch of cheaper, but slick and well done serial movies? Doing this blockbuster movie shit just tries to cram way too much into one shitburger. That's why the Spider-man and X-man cartoons were so awesome, they were able to stay closer to the storylines.

But the problem with this film was that unlike spiderman 3, they didnt do enough in this film. Spiderman 3 was almost 2 and a half hours and they tried to cram way too much shit into it. FF 2 was barely 85 minutes long, the movie started at 5:40 and was over just a little after 7. So they had the opposite issue in this film, they had an abundance of promise to work with, the interaction between the thing and johnny storm was really good and funny. I mean honestly the reason I kinda liked the first film was cause of the human torch character, he did an awesome job with it and did it again in this film but the mr. fantastic charcter, well he always sucked, I just keep thinking about plastic man when I see him and the one liners are so forced and a lot of the jokes are forced as well. The only reason I wanted to see the sequel is because the silver surfer is probably one of the top 5 comic characters ever and he has never been done in movie form and the storyline for coming of galactus, along with the dark phoenix saga are probably the 2 best written comic storylines ever and they managed to ruin them both. So the gripe is the fact they just underplayed it and didnt follow the storyline and just made up their own version of it and it sucked big time. What's retarded about it is the fact that the whole plot and storyline is there for you, just follow it, its like they're giving you the whole script, just shoot it and they cant even do that.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - lush - 06-17-2007

Was the popcorn good?

lush Wrote:Was the popcorn good?

I went to the kent theater in flatbush, the UA in sheepshead was sold out until like the 11pm show. Kent theater I showed up like 10 minutes before the film started and I asked "are there any tickets left" and the guy just scoffed at me, then handed me my skeeball ticket, I walked in the theater and there were 4 black kids free styling to the music playing in the theater and 2 spics asleep in the front and that was the entire audience.

I swear I have no clue how that theater stays open, I went there opening day for superman, star wars and a few other big movies that were sold out everywhere else and I have never seen more than 10 people in the theater.

But the popcorn was mad stale and really salty so i didnt have much but the red drink was awesome.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - Keyser Soze - 06-17-2007

mad stale, yo!

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - HedCold - 06-19-2007

this is hopefully good news for the future of these movies

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/18/1443239.shtml">http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/18/1443239.shtml</a><!-- m -->

According to the New York Times, Marvel Studios will be producing its own superhero movies instead of licensing the superheros to other Hollywood studios. It's all about the money: despite the enormous popularity of Sony Pictures' Spiderman 1 and 2, the licensing deal only netted Marvel $62 million. The article includes some tips about upcoming works: Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in a new Incredible Hulk, and Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark in Iron Man."

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - TheGMANN - 06-19-2007

Interesting. I kinda liked Ang Lee's version of the HULK. The thing I thought made it so shitty was the whole Nick Nolte/father/Absorbing Man main villain thing. It shoulda been more Hulk vs Army and General "Thunderbolt" Ross.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - GonzoStyle - 06-20-2007

I agree the hulk was first off shot very well and I loved the comic strip camera work, thats was a nice touch. But I agree they coulda cut the nick nolte storyline and shortened the film by about 30 minutes at the very least. I actually have been talking to a few people about FF 2 and they pointed out even more retarded shit to me that I didnt really realize but it made the film even worse now, I was mainly pissed at the complete ignorance of the storyline but there is actually even more shit that makes this movie much worse than I originally thought.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - Keyser Soze - 06-20-2007

HedCold Wrote:this is hopefully good news for the future of these movies

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/18/1443239.shtml">http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/18/1443239.shtml</a><!-- m -->

According to the New York Times, Marvel Studios will be producing its own superhero movies instead of licensing the superheros to other Hollywood studios. It's all about the money: despite the enormous popularity of Sony Pictures' Spiderman 1 and 2, the licensing deal only netted Marvel $62 million. The article includes some tips about upcoming works: Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in a new Incredible Hulk, and Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark in Iron Man."

i hate these comic book movies, but if norton or downey was involved, that would definitely pique my interest.

Re: FF 2: Rise of the silver surfer - The Jays - 06-21-2007

The only thing left for me that they will ultimately fuck up is Carnage. Maybe they can go back to square 1 and do a Weapon X movie. Hugh Jackman bare chested in the Canadian tundra? Hot.