CDIH
What did I do on my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What did I do on my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=12687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What did I do on my summer vacation - Galt - 07-08-2007

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTF-uZzOOpg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTF-uZzOOpg</a><!-- m -->

while it's impossible to make me out, I can be seen starting 2:38 for about 5 seconds until they key in on the kid in the green shirt.

I saw him later, and he was miraculously unscathed aside from a horn-induced ripped shirt across his chest.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07/08/running.of.bulls.ap/index.html#">http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07 ... ndex.html#</a><!-- m -->
It was also apparently the race with the most aggressive bulls. I did not know this going in.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Mad - 07-08-2007

When will you eating the barrel of a shotgun?

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Arpikarhu - 07-09-2007

i think its all bullshit. first the sharks and now this? all lies.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Keyser Soze - 07-09-2007

well you find the fact that you have an iphone to be some major event, so you have a pretty low bar to begin with.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - virgingrrl - 07-09-2007

what did i do on my summer vacation:
vegas in two weeks. woo!
even taking a day trip to go the grand canyon.
craps, drunken-ness and, sunburn.
im looking forward to it.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - drusilla - 07-09-2007

in my 8 week summer vacation one week was spent in orange county california & next week will be spent in cabo. one will be spent in agony, for i will have my remaining 3 wisdom teeth removed & the other 5 shall be spent in relaxation with nothing on my mind.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Keyser Soze - 07-09-2007

just returned from san diego. hit up jazz fest in new orleans earlier this year, and returned to cabo this summer. looking forward to possibly going to hong kong later this year.

get lots of sleep before you go to vegas.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - The Jays - 07-09-2007

such globe trotters we have!

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Arpikarhu - 07-09-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:well you find the fact that you have an iphone to be some major event, so you have a pretty low bar to begin with.

interesting coming from a guy who has jacked off in front of a webcam.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Galt - 07-09-2007

Arpikarhu Wrote:i think its all bullshit. first the sharks and now this? all lies.

Nope. All true. I left on the 22nd, and just got back to my apartment.

I went to Moscow (amazing for history, and even better for insanely hot chicks - too bad nobody spoke a lick of english; I came nowhere close to even touching one of the girls there), follwed by St. Petersburg (kind of lame and has London's shitty weather), then Amsterdam (shrooms are so much better than pot and beer it's not even funny), then Madrid (kind of boring - but I wasn't there on a weekend: though I really like how everyone eats outside, and I dig the whole afternoon siesta deal - just don't go into a strip club - it's a whorehouse), and finished up in Pamplona. Did the run yesterday after having a blacony for the first run on Saturday (though I jumped in the run accidentally at the end - not realizing there was still a bull to come).

Pamplona is the worst place on earth. The San Fermin festival turns it into a warzone. 2-3x the population (and about 50-100x the bar/restaurant population) so there is no capacity, every restaurant is overflowing, people are sleeping in the streets, pissing everywhere. It's like living in the 1300s. The smell is putrid. All of my clothes (even the ones that aren't dirty) smell like Pamplona, and need to be washed. It's just hell on earth.

And I was honestly more scared during the opening kickoff (Chupinazo) in town square than I was during the bull run. I knew that everyone threw sangria and flower and eggs and stuff. But I didn't know that everyone brings bottles of champagne and beer bottles and smashes them on the ground, so the entire town centre is covered in shards of glass, and then the crowd starts to act like a mosh pit and move like 20-30 feet at a time. There were numerous tramplings, and once you go down it's very difficult to get up (and did I mention that the street is covered in broken glass). I also saw numerous girls getting molested/borderline raped by the filthy spics during the Chupinazo. Just horrible horrible.

But the bull run was pretty cool. Though bullfighting is the biggest pussy "sport" in the world. The vaunted matadors don't even step in the ring with the bull until after the bull is 90% dead after having been speared at least 10 times by guys on armored horses, and other teams of people. And it's not even a "sport" since there is no chance for the bull to win. NO matter how strong he is, or how fast, or how many people he gores in the ring, he is dead. Bullshit. It's also insanely repetitive and boring.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Bloody Anus - 07-09-2007

This has got to be the dumbest act human beings can possibly participate in. What is the point? What kind of an asshole came up with this? Hey, I have a good idea. Let’s get a bunch of wild, uncontrollable, thousand-pound animals together, piss them off, and then run for our lives as they try to kill us! What a terrific concept!

I have an idea for these Spaniards. Get about 50 of them to jump into a pit with about 100 rattlesnakes, put on the Macarena and dance around for a while. I’ll call it “The Dancing of the Assholes” There. I just started my own tradition. The pit would be a perfect square - 20 feet deep, 20 feet wide and 20 feet long. The biggest difference between The Dancing of the Assholes and The Running of the Bulls is that there would be an actual winner. Whoever climbs out of the pit first wins the equivalent of 50 American dollars. If nobody makes it out, we’ll just have to keep doing it every year until there is a winner. This has enormous potential.

People that run in these things are the same people that crowd together in Times Square with a million drunkards to watch a fucking ball drop from a building every year. You can’t move an inch without bumping into someone and getting booze spilled all over you. Then once the ball drops, now what? You have to fight your way through the crowds and garbage to find your car and sit in traffic for the next 12 hours. Fucking brilliant!

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Galt - 07-09-2007

It was started because they had a weeklong festival for some saint Fermin dude.

During those festivals, they have bullfights every night.

In order to get the bulls to the bullfights, they had to move them from their pens a half mile out of the city centre.

People started to run with the bulls. San Fermin is more like Mardi Gras than Times square. Only it's got way more people, orders of magnitude more filth, public urination, crime, and homelessness.

Had I known what I know now, I definitely wouldn't have gone. But the bull run was a rush, but it was a controlled rush. I wasn't running in front of them, I was mostly do the sides, and near a fence if any of the bad shit ahppened. Though I was about 10 feet away from that kid in the green shirt and red bandana when the bull rushed our entire crowd.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Goatweed - 07-12-2007

I just got back from week on LBI, and it was good times. My friend's brother rents his house out for a week and gets $5k for it - beautiful house, 200 feet off the beach but to pay $5k for it is insane.

Then again, it's the kind of place where you can leave your car unlocked & first floor windows open at night, so I guess you get what you pay for.

We went to Cape May for a day, took the kids to the zoo, it was alright but the heat/humidity made it nearly unbearable at the end - I was drenched.

I don't think I'd ever run with the bulls, but I'd watch it from a balcony or something.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Keyser Soze - 07-12-2007

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:well you find the fact that you have an iphone to be some major event, so you have a pretty low bar to begin with.

about as interesting as coming from a guy who can't believe people travel.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Keyser Soze - 07-13-2007

Seven Gored At Pamplona Bull Run

Last Updated: Thursday, 12 July 2007, 12:10 GMT 13:10 UK

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6295300.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6295300.stm</a><!-- m -->

Seven people have been gored by bulls during the sixth day of this year's annual bull-running festival in the northern Spanish town of Pamplona.

Local authorities said three people were in a serious condition and had undergone operations in hospital.

Several others were trampled in incidents at the San Fermin festival, in which thousands of revellers try to dodge bulls let loose in the streets.

At least 13 people have been killed since record-keeping began in 1924.

The most serious casualties of Thursday's bull-run, or "encierro", included a 23-year-old Mexican and a 26-year-old German.

It was the bloodiest day since the week-long festival began on Friday.

[Image: 794368831_644b5fc51a.jpg]

ok kids, which one is galt?

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Galt - 07-13-2007

I'm not in that picture. If I was, it would be on the very top right, running away like a littler gir.

you said 2:38, should i cap 2:40?

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Arpikarhu - 07-13-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:

about as interesting as coming from a guy who can't believe people travel.
i know people travel, i just dont believe him, ever.

Re: What did I do on my summer vacation - Galt - 07-13-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:you said 2:38, should i cap 2:40?

It was before that. I was about 10 feet away from the kid in the green right when the bull attacks the group of people. I would have been on the kids left. The picture quality is so bad, I couldn't make anything out. It's no big deal.