CDIH
Arpi's property values are down - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Arpi's property values are down (/showthread.php?tid=12690)

Pages: 1 2

Arpi's property values are down - Black Lazerus - 07-11-2007

A suicidal Maplewood man who was brandishing a knife was fatally shot yesterday by police who say he charged at them.

A spokesman for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office said the man charged at police with a weapon when he was shot on Peachtree Road. Authorities yesterday declined to identify the man, the officers who discharged their weapons, the type of weapon he had or how many shots were fired.

But a relative identified the victim as Omar Perry, a 31-year old man who suffered from schizophrenia and had just been released from the Essex County Hospital Center in Cedar Grove last week.

Serina Perry, the man's sister, said she called for an ambulance shortly after 11:30 a.m. when her brother began cutting himself with a kitchen knife. She said she saw blood drops on the floor between the bedroom and bathroom and followed the trail to the front of the house.

"He was cutting his wrist, poking the knife at himself all over. He was laughing," Serina Perry said.

She said she called an ambulance because she wanted him returned to the hospital.

Omar Perry was standing in the middle of the street when police arrived and drew their guns, Serina Perry said.

"The police kept yelling, "put your weapon down, put your weapon down,'" the sister said. "He said, 'What are you going to do? Shoot me?'"

Then police fired three shots, said the sister, who did not see the officers discharge their weapons or what her brother was doing because she was on the side of the house with her head down crying.

"I just heard three of the most horrifying sounds of my life," she said. "I was in the middle of screaming and in so much shock. I couldn't even tell who shot him."

The family had moved from Newark to Maplewood less than a month ago, Serina Perry said.

"He was like a father to me," said Janice Perry, his niece. "My uncle was the most giving person. My uncle would not even hurt a fly."

Janice Perry, 19, said Omar was over 6 feet tall with a heavy set, stocky build. "Maybe they were intimidated by his size," she said.

When Janice Perry first arrived at the scene, she broke down in tears. She laid down on the ground across the street from the home and started screaming.

Mayela Haughton, a close family friend, said she contacted the hospital three times today to tell them Omar was relapsing. But they never returned her phone calls, she said.

"We were frustrated. He was just acting irrational," Haughton said.

Haughton said Omar has a 7-year-old son that does not live with him.

Janice Perry said her uncle had another episode not too long ago in Irvington, where he tried to slit his wrists. But when the cops came to the scene, they just used a tazer gun, she said.

"We called the hospital on many accounts saying he shouldn't be discharged," Janice Perry said. "They said 'where else is he going to go?'¤"

Janice Perry said Omar was on medication, but she thinks it wasn't strong enough. He had been diagnosed with schizophrenia about five years ago.

Maplewood police did not have immediate comment. All police shootings are investigated by a grand jury as a matter of routine.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Mad - 07-11-2007

Appraised values don't include data like that, so it won't be more then a minor blip on some yenta's mind when considering purchasing in that area.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Arpikarhu - 07-11-2007

i move in 5 weeks anyway. buying a seven bedroom, queen anne victorian house that is on the historic homes register. i close august 14th.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Keyser Soze - 07-12-2007

congrats, buddy!

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Arpikarhu - 07-12-2007

my post with the description is as close as you will ever come to the place.

my post with the description is as close as you will ever come to the place.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Mad - 07-12-2007

Surely you jest. Keyser would make an outstanding lawn jockey to greet your guests. Just remember to cut his tongue out first.

i would be honored, see you there pal!

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Galt - 07-12-2007

Arpikarhu Wrote:i move in 5 weeks anyway. buying a seven bedroom, queen anne victorian house that is on the historic homes register. i close august 14th.

Pfft, I bought a 4 family unit that has a total of 10 bedrooms, and 9ft ceilings. I close August 31.

Mortgage rates suck.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - drusilla - 07-12-2007

oh yeah, well i own a 2 bedroom co-op in queens with a garage & a lawn that's about as big as a king sized bed!

Galt Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:i move in 5 weeks anyway. buying a seven bedroom, queen anne victorian house that is on the historic homes register. i close august 14th.

Pfft, I bought a 4 family unit that has a total of 10 bedrooms, and 9ft ceilings. I close August 31.

Mortgage rates suck.

riiiiiight. does it have a room for all of your "vacation" trophies?

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Mad - 07-12-2007

Galt Wrote:

Mortgage rates suck.

You haven't "bought" it just yet if you're closing in August.

its bushwa anyway. along with the pamplona video that you cant see him in.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Goatweed - 07-12-2007

he's right about the current rates, they fucking blow.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - The Prodigal Son - 07-12-2007

I'm not saying Galt's Lying...

but doesn't it seem like everything he has is WAAYYYYYY better than anything anyone else owns? Even his vacations are a million times better.

Is it beanshooting? Or iare we being graced by Trump without knowing it?

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Galt - 07-12-2007

I bought a 4 family that closes on August 15th.
I went to Russia, Amsterdam, and Spain last/this month, and ran with the Bulls on Sunday.
I went to Brazil and Argentina last year.
I went to South Africa the year before that.

Any bloody anal stories from Spain?

i find it more fascinating that certain people here feel so inferior. thats really a personal problem, rather than a reflection of someone else.

Are you refering to moi?

if the shoe fits...