CDIH
so, i finally got a job - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: so, i finally got a job (/showthread.php?tid=12741)

so, i finally got a job - HedCold - 09-19-2007

after about a 1 yr and 2 1/2 months, i finally got the job offer i was supposed to get but then had a bunch of stupid things happen. i then had unemployment. then i worked from home with a boring ass job that paid good money if i was actually motivated to put the hours in, but never really was.

but, at least i got two summers out of the deal. now i get to go back to waking up at god awful early times.

only regret i really have is not taking more trips to cool places, but even though i had some money saved i couldn't just blow it all because i didn't know when they'd finally get their shit together and finally make me this offer.

also since its for con edison, i missed all the stupid heat wave bullshit that usually happens, so i don't have to worry about that for like 9-10 months. i do have to worry about getting my ass to work on snow days though. that'll suck.

Re: so, i finally got a job - Galt - 09-19-2007

You should make Sleeper your underling.

Re: so, i finally got a job - Mad - 09-19-2007

What position was it for?

Re: so, i finally got a job - HedCold - 09-19-2007

its just an office job for Manhattan Operations. its similar to stuff i was doing as an intern, but i'll probably have more responsibilities. i'll also more pull in trying to get access to information to make my job easier.

i'll be working with engineering people but my background is comp sci, so i'll be doing more with information gathering from all their databases. one example is tracking employee development, and making sure they took all the safety classes they're legally supposed to take to do their job, as well as classes they need to fulfill their union requirements.

i'll be management, not union, but won't have anyone working under me

Re: so, i finally got a job - diceisgod - 09-20-2007

Quote:i'll be working with engineering people but my background is comp sci, so i'll be doing more with information gathering from all their databases. one example is tracking employee development, and making sure they took all the safety classes they're legally supposed to take to do their job, as well as classes they need to fulfill their union requirements.

Make sure to update that info in your dept's section of the DRP

Re: so, i finally got a job - diceisgod - 09-20-2007

I just say that so when your boss does you'll look under your bed when you get home. Another piece of evidence of how a little bit of general operational and procedural knowledge goes a long way in being a douchebag.

Re: so, i finally got a job - drusilla - 09-21-2007

HedCold Wrote:.

one example is tracking employee development, and making sure they took all the safety classes they're legally supposed to take to do their job, as well as classes they need to fulfill their union requirements.

that's what lush did one of the times she worked for jetblue. no comp sci degree necessary.

Re: so, i finally got a job - GonzoStyle - 09-21-2007

whoa whoa, who is this "danielle" person?

Re: so, i finally got a job - drusilla - 09-21-2007

better?

Re: so, i finally got a job - lush - 09-21-2007

Can you get me a job? As you can see, I have experience.

Sincerely,

Lush