CDIH
Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago (/showthread.php?tid=12749)

Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - diceisgod - 09-28-2007

15 years ago9: You apply, use and pay. The end.

These days:

Quote:Please forgive any perceived heat below as it is intended for those described. Further I could not find a straight forward path on your site to get a perhaps more appropriate email address (without maybe registering, but I don't want to, I just want to be able to use my card without hassle) so I used WHOIS to find this techadmin one. I ask you please forward along to some or all possible, specifically: credit card security cheif, policy designers, and/or other relevant officers; and all senior officers and board members - or all, a few, or one that you are able to, thanks.

Below is my problem and further it's description indicates to whom (as listed above, but maybe someone else) are responsible and who I would like this message to go, if anywhere, with the utmost highest priority. So I would really appreciate it if you could forward this email to the appropriate dept or individual, that is, the aforementioned who oversee or are responsible for designing, implementing, and/or executing card security as it pertains, specifically, to auditing new members' card activity and rendering decisions to freeze the card and/or change initially agreed upon terms, credit limits, etc just because the new clients use the card within the terms and parameters on which the card was issued and further your security department has seen fit to hijack back the services (the services that we as clients even bother to contact you in the first place, or you have solicited us to use)..So again I use use the card within said terms and parameters that YOU set, but all of a sudden that's a "high risk actuvitity" to draw out for example $300 when your Cash Advance limit is $4,000 and therefore it's "logical" to create a pretext & policy to claim you have the right to revoke this service you solicited me for and said you can do for me. Just PONDEROUS -but I'M being the problem here, right?

I am so filled with rage right now I can barely contain it. Could someone with power and common sense review this policy and fix it please?. If you can't offer Cash Advance because of "risks", don't tell me you can and give me the tools to use it and then when I do use it, you shut me down and then try to justify it when I call to say what the F and than I have to look like the ass and go crazy on the poor perosn on the other end of the support phone line or in emails like this. Just don't offer it then. I DON'T NEED THIS CRAP. Are you serious business people or what?. Am I crazy to think like this? Are you people really that blinded by you own bureaucratic trappings and piss poor internal quality controls? It's called "group think" - see Psychology 101, and forget about Busines 101 that's next term.

So I'm sure you will hear from me again and can't wait - when I try to use this card once again within its assigned parameters and it's closed or the credit limits reduced to a ridulous amount with no advance notice and if I'm stuck somewhere where I need to draw cash or to use credit, I'll rest assured that I'll have this service of yours to see me through it, right? I swear I've seen commercials like that for your company..... I smell a Class Action lawsuit and one less mass-raping, inept credit card company in our futures. How about you?

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - Galt - 09-28-2007

You really like to use commas.

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - diceisgod - 09-28-2007

The complexities of correct comma usage and other English grammar topics are indeed in the back of my mind. A refresher will be in order premulti-million-dollar deal with soon-to-be-determined adult industry sponsor.

Also known as guy-that-uses-hyphenated-phrases-to-death guy

Basically, make one point per sentence. It's a lot easier to reach than a three line sentence.

For instance, this:
Quote:So I would really appreciate it if you could forward this email to the appropriate dept or individual, that is, the aforementioned who oversee or are responsible for designing, implementing, and/or executing card security as it pertains, specifically, to auditing new members' card activity and rendering decisions to freeze the card and/or change initially agreed upon terms, credit limits, etc just because the new clients use the card within the terms and parameters on which the card was issued and further your security department has seen fit to hijack back the services (the services that we as clients even bother to contact you in the first place, or you have solicited us to use)

and this:
Quote:So again I use use the card within said terms and parameters that YOU set, but all of a sudden that's a "high risk activity" to draw out for example $300 when your Cash Advance limit is $4,000 and therefore it's "logical" to create a pretext & policy to claim you have the right to revoke this service you solicited me for and said you can do for me. Just PONDEROUS -but I'M being the problem here, right?

Should have been broken up into way more than TWO FUCKING SENTENCES! How on earth do you expect to be a writer when it will take people 3 minutes to read each sentence since they'll have to go-back and reread them because they got lost halfway through?

That's deliberate, like I'm screaming it in their face, as if each successive point is making them shrink more and more, and even to repeat a point in the same run-on adds value, as I'm screaming in their face, and so forth.

But they are admittedly pretty sloppy as I was getting tired and wanted it bare minimum to make sense and connect the dots.

So the back story is I took out two cash advances for maybe a total of $500-600. My credit limit is like $10K and the cash advance $4K. So they send me a letter stating that they are trying to help my credit rating and therefore dropped my limits to $500 & $300, respectively, as to in a nutshell square my ass together as if I need their fucking financial help or advice - reasons were, 1- my account is new & 2- the "cash advance activity". So I go nuts and demand they return my limits at once and they guarantee to never f'n do it again. So she gives me the limits back and says she can't guarantte the latter and all the while will not acknowledge the obsurdity of the situation and that it may happen again! So I all but exploded on the whore, and I am def going to explode next time. Fools get suckered in the mouth for less. I'd love to storm in that security dept and start rippin' & reamin'.

Be happy they didn't respond with "wait, aren't you like 30 years old? You don't have any cash saved somewhere else which would make it so you wouldn't have to get a cash advance from your credit card company who is charging you 20% interest? We are going to close your account just because you make horrible financial mistakes, and I don't want anyone to see you with our credit cards; it would hurt our brand."

I agree. The bigger the nest egg, the more to fart on when your 66. I doubt the credit card system will be there or in it's current scandalous form by that time anyway. I just have this feeling that something significant is going to happen.

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - Galt - 09-29-2007

yeah, it's called "bankruptcy".

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - diceisgod - 09-29-2007

They can sell my teeth and other valuables that haven't rotted beyond value if they even find the body at all.

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - The Sleeper - 09-29-2007

i didn't read this thread (you have gotten way too long winded) but are you psyched about the phils?!?!

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - HedCold - 09-29-2007

why not just threaten to cancel the credit card? thats all they're going to care about in the long run, not some long winded rant. they're probably reading it and laughing. "oh noes he might post an angry rant about us in his blog!!! lets bow to his every need!"

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - diceisgod - 09-29-2007

Would you cancel a 4K check addressed to "cash"?

&

I am no longer capable of a psyched state of consciousness.

Inspired, dual purpose edit:

Part one: My new posting policy. I will only post a new thread or post henceforth when I see a new post from another. I will keep a tally and proceed casually as posts ideas or replies come to me. Until then you MIGHT be able to catch something new (from me at least) throught my 7k+ posts here already.

Part two, for Sleeper & continuing my thoughts above from original post: Plus I'm not sure you really care even if I was psyched or not (indifference theme again). Your first instinct was to criticize, then a ham-handed attempt at small talk. Now this either further cements my theory of your mediocrity or it also may be a ray of hope piercing through this dark veil covering my perceptions of you as a poster and human being and further give me new understanding of the Real The Sleeper. Now you know (assuming you are not mediocre) that I despise chat threads. So you come into this thread (MY thread btw) with a clear intent to open up a dialog about complete superficiality and perhaps further hijack it with aforementioned. Such dual, accidental, offenses would only serve to chap my ass and now you might know that, that is it's depths and consequences already, maybe that is what inspired the post. So if you can spin that and convince me then we might be buddies again, you might not be mediocre again, maybe then then I'll tell you what I think of the fucking Phillies, cocksucker, til then don't address me ever again, you quitting loser, your attitudes and thoughts when focused-on/pondering-about my team only proves to jinx and curse them further.

edit two: a btw
If you didn't read my letter and didn't think it was jaw shatteringly awesome, it would make sense because you didn't read it did you? If you did and didn't then you are Mesa personified. Though a bit messy and unpolished, it's like a diamond when first pulled out of the earth.

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - The Sleeper - 09-29-2007

so is that a yes?

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - HedCold - 09-30-2007

Quote:Would you cancel a 4K check addressed to "cash"?
if it came with 20% monthly interest charge, yes

Re: Credit Cards: These days vs. 15 years ago - diceisgod - 09-30-2007

You worry too much