CDIH
UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child (/showthread.php?tid=12757)

UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 10-11-2007

Couture resigns. Fedor signs with M-1. Kaboom.

Quote:STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT, REGARDING COUTURE

“I’m not surprised at all by Randy’s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn’t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts.

He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it’s a great move for Randy’s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top.

As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I’m ready to promote him.”

Quote:Couture Talks UFC Resignation

"The motivation for the decision is two-fold," he continued. "I know Fedor (Emelianenko) just signed with another organization and that's the only real fight that makes sense for me at 44 years old as the heavyweight champion of the UFC. That's the fight I wanted and if that can't happen it doesn't make sense for me to compete with all these other guys. And then obviously that's not going to happen now. And, two, I'm tired of being taken advantage of, played as the nice guy and basically swimming against the current with the management of the UFC. I have a lot of other things going on in my life that I'm doing just fine with. I don't need the problems. I don't feel like I get the respect I deserve from the organization, and that's motivation No. 2 for the letter of resignation that was sent today."

Quote:Fedor Emelianenko to M-1

Fedor Emelianenko has committed to the Russian-based promotion M-1, according to a report published by The Fight Network.

Speculation has abounded regarding Emelianenko (26-1-1), the man most pundits see as the top mixed martial artist in the world, since the implosion of his former home, PRIDE. The UFC and K-1 had been grabbing most of the headlines in the Emelianenko sweepstakes.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Gooch - 10-12-2007

PRIDE was a dirty organization, and a lot of records of those so-called untouchables in PRIDE are not so lustery and shiny. I think Couture knew that, and wanted to show that.

Problem is, I think Fedor and his camp were wise and WERE NEVER coming to the UFC.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 10-29-2007

As this situation is getting more fucked as time & circumstance keep moving forward & greater tangled and moreover as I might have seen at least 100 movies at least 100 times each; possible soltuions & suggestions regarding said UFC situtation AND the 100 or so movies (from beginning to end in remarkable detail) are all running through concurrent & simultaneous threads among many other background proceseses in my brain. My point is at this point of a certain film that is running right now in my head a particular aspect of this film has decided to merge & morph into a seemingly feasible option that I might recomend to Dana White RIGHT NOW in terms of a potentially useful negociating tactic for settling both the Couture & Fedor problems.

This idea is....."prima nocte"

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Gooch - 10-29-2007

I actually want to write an article called: Requiem for a Heavyweight, pinning the blame squarely on Couture's shoulders. He's being a whiny bitch. He's 44 years old and should be glad the UFC signed him to a contract. The whole situation is of his making.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Mad - 10-29-2007

It's always about the money.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 10-29-2007

Gooch Wrote:I actually want to write an article called: Requiem for a Heavyweight, pinning the blame squarely on Couture's shoulders. He's being a whiny bitch. He's 44 years old and should be glad the UFC signed him to a contract. The whole situation is of his making.

I watched Sherdoggies copy of the recent 45 min Couture press conference ansd having listened to all of what RC said, I think he's on the level and should be the highest paid guy in the sport as HW champ. It's that simple and I take for granted his past gripes to be legitimate. So as the usual tactics of assuaging underlings is not working for Dana White nop matter how many "conscriptions", I say we begin to breed just the sort we rally need in the future (oh just pay the fucking man his long-over-due & get that bald Russian fuck in here too, the fucking heebs).

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - slackjaw - 11-14-2007

So I watched the latest installment of Elite XC, and was curious about the allusions to Randy potentially joining that organization. As far as I know he remains under contract with the UFC if he does decide to fight again. Elite XC is certainly not the same as UFC, I like to think of it as the "minor leagues" but could the signing of a few more big names give them a kick start?

I look forward to the day Kimbo gets whalloped by someone able to take enough punishment to get him off his game, though from Saturday's fight, you have to wonder if that guy is out there.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 11-16-2007

Elite is crap w/ Frank Scamrock & a bunch of no namers & lamers. Babalu got shafted and had to go there to eat and to be fair there are a few others that might be UFC worthy but the promo will never contend ever. But if they prove me wrong then we have like the NWA back in the day running along witht he WWF. That's good I guess but I'd rather see a NFL situation where all else is arena-like played on a modified indoor soccer field....ie a joke and worthless.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Hybrid - 01-06-2008

i was embarrassed for former pride fighters wanderlei silva and thierry soukodjou at the last UFC ppv. wandy fought with ZERO fire, but still dana white came in his pants over the fight. soukodjou was just terrible and looked like he has never fought before. sucks.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 01-06-2008

Soukodjou was the Houston Alexander of PRIDE. Just have to survive the "opening drive" and then out-classing him is easy. Machida is truly world class. Light work for a guy like that and a bad, bad match-up for RS.

That said, let's see Alexander vs Soukodjou. Now THAT would be interesting shit.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - Gooch - 01-06-2008

Machida might be going against Tito Ortiz next if Tito accepts the fight and works out a contract.

Re: UFC/MMA Implodes: Boxing's Bastard Child - diceisgod - 01-06-2008

Gooch Wrote:Machida might be going against Tito Ortiz next if Tito accepts the fight and works out a contract.

More light work for Machida