CDIH
what happened to Gonzo? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: what happened to Gonzo? (/showthread.php?tid=12761)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Hoon - 11-14-2007

I wish Gonzo were here. I owe him apology regarding "The Departed". I finally watched it and he was right.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - GonzoStyle - 11-14-2007

make with the apologies, mortal.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Goatweed - 11-14-2007

sorry.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Hoon - 11-15-2007

GonzoStyle Wrote:make with the apologies, mortal.
It was a memorable line bonanza! I loved it from top to bottom like a convict on a weekend furlough. Everyone in it was brilliant. Nicholson is officially a god.

My favorite line:
"Who let this IRA mother fucker in my bar? [pause] Just kidding. How's your mother"

"She's on her way out".

"We all are. Act accordingly."

HOLY SHIT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? <3 <3 <3
And the end? The end was satisfying as any movie I'd ever seen before. The hero gets it in the face out of the blue. Nothing better than wiping the good guy out unceremoniously.

In summation, you were right and I was horribly wrong.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - GonzoStyle - 11-15-2007

Now apologize for inferring that Nicholson was not god before this film.

I do offer my apologies on that but you have to understand the last film I'd seen Nicholson in was, "As Good As It Gets". I thought he'd lost his moxie. but I was wrong.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - GonzoStyle - 11-15-2007

ok you're digging a deeper hole because he was beyond brilliant in "as good as it gets".

this is where we face off again.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - diceisgod - 11-16-2007

I liked as Good as... but agree there are real dog films like the The Pledge but the guy is entitled to keep his petty cash accounts as full as hedonism & 30 mistrisses require.

Given this and still not accepting his godlike status I have a question: How fucked up are you?

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Hoon - 11-16-2007

Are you talking to me? I think you're talking to me.

I overestimated you. Still confused? Ok well watch this.......I was talking to Hoonzostyle.....oh I'll bet you're all dizzy now...

Galt used to post a giant pic of the sun at moments like these.....C'mon man! Of course I was!

The old Ken'sPen I knew never ran off in a huff.

Anyway, it's settled: Nicholson is a God and those that disagree ain't the poster they once was so choose sides with eyes open & you should be ok.

Glad to be of service.

I said Nicholson was a god. And you acted as if I said the opposite. You are Ann Coulter w/o the cock and beard.

Oh...but there were contrary implications per moxy and other such things I thought I saw. But I admit I get crazy when it comes to Jack and potential naysayers and the whens & whats & hows & facts get a bit whitewashed I guess, again like an Ann Coulter and other less attractive morons & pigs.

So my bad and ignore all that.

Yeah, I thought "As Good As.." sucked. Wasn't by teabag. I don't think it brought the best in Jack out but that doesn't negate his legendary status.

Quote:Wasn't by teabag.

Lost me there^ a sec but the rest flowed. What's that?

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - GonzoStyle - 11-16-2007

Hoon Wrote:Yeah, I thought "As Good As.." sucked. Wasn't by teabag. I don't think it brought the best in Jack out but that doesn't negate his legendary status.

it negated yours

The difference betweenst you and I is that I hold people up to their prior work with all of their preceeding pieces. For example, I like David Bowie's, "Ziggy Stardust" but everything after is just dogshit. Therefore I think he's over rated.

Others willingly afford him legendary status merely because it's just commonly accepted.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Galt - 11-16-2007

I met Ann Coulter once. Her personality and looks are as unappealing in person as they are on TV.

Re: what happened to Gonzo? - Arpikarhu - 11-17-2007

departed sucked. another example of nicholson chewing the scenery and playing the only character he can play these days: nicholson.