CDIH
The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12766)

Pages: 1 2

The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 11-10-2007

Storyline continued from last year is... David Lee still warms up the bench.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - GonzoStyle - 11-12-2007

zach randoplhs grandma is a self centered whore

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - Goatweed - 11-14-2007

haha people watching the NBA haha

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - GonzoStyle - 11-15-2007

at the very least they covered the spread for me yesterday.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - fbd - 11-17-2007

i kept getting excited during the 4th quarter and first ot last night...it shows how bad they are, when a game against the kings is competitive

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Sleeper - 11-18-2007

gonzo you are betting on basketball wtf?

i'd be shocked and dismayed if isiah isn't fired by monday

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - GonzoStyle - 11-18-2007

i got a gift certificate thing for oddsmaker, I been playing the same 20 bucks for like a month now, im up 5 bucks after being down to 2 bucks at one point. I didnt like any of the games tonight tho. I bet the miami/boston game, 12 point spread was ridiculous, even for boston.

Between the red sox, patriots and celtics, i'm gonna punch the next cock with a boston accent I see.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Sleeper - 11-18-2007

whoa those are some big swings. are you sure you can handle it?

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - HedCold - 11-19-2007

[ ] graphs

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - GonzoStyle - 11-19-2007

The Sleeper Wrote:whoa those are some big swings. are you sure you can handle it?

I dunno between that and the 2/4 cent limit hold em tables, I may be losing it. I lost 10 cents last night and I was tempted to maybe get some help.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Sleeper - 11-19-2007

what site has 2 cent 4 cent tables? pokerstars?

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - Galt - 11-19-2007

GonzoStyle Wrote:i got a gift certificate thing for oddsmaker, I been playing the same 20 bucks for like a month now, im up 5 bucks after being down to 2 bucks at one point. I didnt like any of the games tonight tho. I bet the miami/boston game, 12 point spread was ridiculous, even for boston.

Between the red sox, patriots and celtics, i'm gonna punch the next cock with a boston accent I see.

wicked!

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - diceisgod - 12-16-2007

I just wanted to add that I too wouldn't give less than a half-a-shit for even a jot of emotional stock which might be meta-invested in the New York Knicks or the NBA in general.

That's all.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 01-07-2008

I had hope for the Knicks after the first game, but, the Knicks totally spearsed the season.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - GonzoStyle - 01-07-2008

at least they aren't the abosolute worst, they're still ahead of Miami and Minnesota. With 50 games left if they win their next 40, they have a shot.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 01-07-2008

I do take pleasure in the Heat's troubles.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 01-14-2008

Quote:Knicks Cruise to Rout of Tired Pistons

By BRIAN MAHONEY – 48 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — The end of the Detroit Pistons' road trip was almost the worst night in their history. Zach Randolph had 25 points and eight rebounds, and the New York Knicks rolled to an 89-65 victory over the weary Pistons on Sunday night.

With the Pistons playing the finale of a four-game, five-night road trip and coming off a 103-100 overtime victory in Charlotte on Saturday, the Knicks rolled to their most lopsided victory of the season, giving coach Isiah Thomas a rare easy night — against his former team, no less.

Detroit needed a three-point play by Amir Johnson to avoid finishing with the lowest point total in franchise history. The Pistons shot 30.7 percent (23-of-75), matching the NBA low for field goals made in a game this season.

Leading scorer Richard Hamilton was 1-of-7 and was held to a season-low three points. Tayshaun Prince missed all 10 shots and was scoreless, and Rasheed Wallace had six points on 3-of-9 shooting.

Antonio McDyess had 15 points and 13 rebounds, and Chauncey Billups scored 14 points for Detroit.

Jamal Crawford scored all of his 15 points in the third quarter, when the Knicks turned it into a blowout. Their previous biggest victory was an 18-point win over Cleveland.

Randolph played only 10 minutes Friday in a loss to Toronto because Knicks coach Isiah Thomas thought he was having trouble with Toronto's speed. That wasn't an issue Sunday, because the Pistons were the slow ones.

Playing without point guard Stephon Marbury, the Knicks snapped a two-game skid and won for just the second time in 11 games. Marbury was out with a sore left ankle.

The Pistons have been held to 64 points on multiple occasions. They managed only 32 points in the first half, their worst half of the season, then the Knicks blew it open in the third quarter.

Crawford hit three straight 3-pointers midway through the period to extend a 14-point lead to 23, then converted a three-point play — flipping the ball in over his head while drawing the foul — to make it 64-38 with 3:31 remaining.

The Pistons, who started their trip by splitting games at Dallas and San Antonio, didn't even hit 40 points until Billups made two free throws with 2:17 left in the third. The lead ballooned to 31 points early in the fourth quarter, with Detroit's entire starting five already on the bench for the night.

New York beat Detroit for only the third time in the last 12 meetings. The Pistons embarrassed the Knicks 98-86 on Nov. 21, with Pistons guard Flip Murray saying afterward that the Knicks "looked like they didn't want to compete."

The Knicks took control during a second-quarter stretch that featured some of the loudest cheers of the season at Madison Square Garden — though they weren't for the Knicks.

A timeout coincided with the Dallas Cowboys' final drive in their 21-17 loss to the New York Giants, so the MSG staff played the football game on the overhead scoreboard — with some fans even chanting "DEFENSE!" while watching.

Play resumed with Dallas facing fourth down, but the staff opted to keep showing the football game, even as Knicks center Eddy Curry was shooting free throws. With Nate Robinson motioning for the crowd to quiet down, Curry missed both shots — though few fans seemed to care because they were too busy watching the Cowboys' drive, which ended with Giants cornerback R.W. McQuarters intercepting a pass in the end zone.

That all came during a 7-0 spurt that gave the Knicks a 33-23 lead. Robinson's three free throws with 0.4 seconds left made it 43-32 at the break.

NotesAngry Given a do-over, Thomas said he would have chosen his words differently Saturday, when he responded to a question about the idea he could be fired by saying: "When that happens, we'll all know." Thomas said he didn't mean anything by saying "when." "Here in New York, every word is analyzed and I guess the word would be 'if' and not 'when,'" Thomas said. ... The Pistons' previous worst half was 33 points in the first half against Houston on Dec. 12.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - Filzy - 01-20-2008

The Knicks are just downright awful.
And that is that my friends.

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 02-21-2008

Quote:‘Fire Isiah!’ 76ers fans chant in rout of Knicks
Philly leads by as many as 46 in third quarter on way to blowout
The Associated Press
updated 10:30 p.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 20, 2008

PHILADELPHIA - Those “Fire Isiah! chants followed Isiah Thomas from New York.

The Philadelphia 76ers rarely have had a win so easy, scoring 100 points through three quarters and crushing the New York Knicks 124-84 on Wednesday night.

New York had turnovers on almost every possession in some stretches, took ugly shots and trailed by 46 points in the third quarter. By the fourth quarter, a few Knicks fans — or more likely 76ers fans poking fun at New York’s dismal situation — started the familiar “Fire Isiah!” chant. Thomas couldn’t escape the derisive jeer or another loss down I-95.

Philadelphia’s win came hours after the Sixers gave coach Maurice Cheeks a one-year contract extension. While one former NBA point guard-turned-coach celebrated, belittled and beleaguered Thomas could only sit on the Knicks bench and simply stare ahead at this horror.

Willie Green scored 21 points, Thaddeus Young had a career-high 20 and Andre Iguodala added 19 for the Sixers, who won their sixth straight at home.

Jamal Crawford scored 14 points and Eddy Curry had 12 for the Knicks.

One night after the Knicks fell two points shy of the NBA record for points in overtime (23) in a win at Washington, the second-worst team in the Eastern Conference came out with nothing.

Green, Andre Miller and Young scored almost all the points during a 21-4 run in the first quarter that started the blowout. The Sixers, who have won six of seven overall to jump into the Eastern Conference playoff race, led 37-17 at the end of the quarter.

It was their season high for points in a quarter and their 14 steals in the first half was a franchise record.

Miller, who had 12 points and 10 assists, made three of those steals in the half. By halftime, Philadelphia’s sixth straight home win was not in doubt.

Of course, it helped that the Knicks turned the ball over nine times in the first quarter. New York committed 16 turnovers in the first half and went 3-for-14 from 3-point range.

The Sixers really didn’t have to try all that hard. They blew the game open in the second quarter with layups and dunks as the Knicks seemed to show little interest in defending.

The Knicks did manage to score 10 straight points in the fourth quarter, but it didn’t matter much. Young sank a hook shot with 48.2 seconds left in third to give the Sixers a whopping 100-54 lead.

The Sixers, who led the Knicks 102-57 through three, scored 100 points in the first three quarters for the first time since Dec. 7, 1990 against Denver. Their largest margin of victory in franchise history was 62-point win over, yup, the Knicks on Dec. 25, 1960.

Notes: The Sixers almost set a Wachovia Center record for their biggest margin of victory — they beat the Bucks by 43 points last month. ... Cheeks earned an extension through the 2008-09 season. “That’s what I’m excited about, the chance to come back and try this all over again,” he said.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23264760/">http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23264760/</a><!-- m -->

Re: The 2007-2008 New York Knicks Thread - The Jays - 03-05-2008

Wow. Never in my fucking life have I heard of the star player of a team just not showing up, and no one willing to say anything about why he does not attend games.

Not to mention, this is the seventh straight season that the Knicks have failed to produce a winning record. I remember 2001, they made the playoffs and lost to the Raptors in the first round, but I had whole heartedly believed that they would come back stronger the next year.

I'm still waiting.